PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jake Moult staying
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Jake Moult staying  (Read 24156 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Moult staying
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2017, 01:08:06 PM »

It's little wonder our players look so devoid of any hunger or desire on the pitch then they get rewarded for failure (double-failure in some cases) with the security of a new season-long contract without having to work for it or earn it.

To be fair to the manager, I'm not sure how much of this is down to PP and how much is down to GR. Didn't they say at GRs review that they wouldn't be allowing future managers the same freedoms to decide on retentions and signings? So on that basis I'd be surprised if PP has even got full control over these signings.

Yes GR did say that he would have greater control of signings, which in my opinion is a recipe for disaster. I agree with the comment about hunger on the pitch. We can blame Young, Harvey, Buzz all we want, but the reoccurring theme is that the players didn't have the personality, fight or desire to pull us out of the mess on the pitch. David Lynch made a comment after he left that the senior players (Moult, Lawrie, Richman, Reeves) were never held to account and the blame was put on the new arrivals. Looking back I think he probably made a fair point. Those senior players also contributed to one of the worst dressing rooms that Graham Heathcote, Robbie and Buzz had seen in all their years in football. What happens when we lose a few on the trot? Will the senior players of last year really have the hunger to change it? History suggests not.

markecky2

Re: Jake Moult staying
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2017, 12:21:24 PM »

The real Jake Moult will boss this league for me.

I believe he knows Parky well and that will be a big reason in him signing.  Perhaps he also resonated a little with his opening interview where he touched on the fact that maybe some of ones that took us down might want to get us back (useless f**kers need not apply).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jake Moult staying