PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gary Neville
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gary Neville  (Read 12121 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Neville
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »

Living proof that money helps but it's not the only requirement for success

The only club that overspent in NLN this season finished top by some margin, so your proof is somewhat lacking.
Are you suggesting you don't want any investment in Alty next season then, if money in football is a dirty word?

Also, has it ever crossed the minds of any Alty fans that as all the Class of 92 live much nearer Moss Lane than Moor Lane, if Rowley didn't want to run a Pub Club, he may well have been able to attract them to invest in Alty  rather than Salford, a few years back?  You might have been in much less of a mess than is the case now.   A long shot maybe, but now we will never know.

Aha! Perfectly snared my friend. I have no objection whatsoever to several multi millionaire ex footballers and their mult multi millionaire Far East backer embarking on a vanity project utilising a local non league club as their vehicle of choice. I do object to GN suggesting, as you yourself again have repeated, that their business model has hit upon some hitherto unrecognised economic alchemy which has escaped other sides in Greater Manchester. Given the colossal sums of cash being poured into Moor Lane I struggle to understand why they have to charge £7, why not £1, or make it free? As has been pointed out to Mr N, his burgers at Cafe Football are much more expensive than those off the van outside OT on matchdays, perhaps he should take advice from those lads on how to run his businesses?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 05:46:51 AM »

Living proof that money helps but it's not the only requirement for success

The only club that overspent in NLN this season finished top by some margin, so your proof is somewhat lacking.
Are you suggesting you don't want any investment in Alty next season then, if money in football is a dirty word?

Also, has it ever crossed the minds of any Alty fans that as all the Class of 92 live much nearer Moss Lane than Moor Lane, if Rowley didn't want to run a Pub Club, he may well have been able to attract them to invest in Alty  rather than Salford, a few years back?  You might have been in much less of a mess than is the case now.   A long shot maybe, but now we will never know.

Aha! Perfectly snared my friend. I have no objection whatsoever to several multi millionaire ex footballers and their mult multi millionaire Far East backer embarking on a vanity project utilising a local non league club as their vehicle of choice. I do object to GN suggesting, as you yourself again have repeated, that their business model has hit upon some hitherto unrecognised economic alchemy which has escaped other sides in Greater Manchester. Given the colossal sums of cash being poured into Moor Lane I struggle to understand why they have to charge £7, why not £1, or make it free? As has been pointed out to Mr N, his burgers at Cafe Football are much more expensive than those off the van outside OT on matchdays, perhaps he should take advice from those lads on how to run his businesses?
Moston Utd only charge £9 to get in and they are making a loss every season.
As the unofficial Halifax twitter said it has spoiled the fairytale end of a cringeworthy documentary.
They really should be beating teams like us

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 08:00:11 AM »

Sorry, correction, the Class of 92 did live nearer Moss Lane than Moor Lane, as you rightly point out they have all moved out.  Wonder why?  ;)

Totally agree, the documentary is cringe worthy.  The last one focused more on a bench warmers cheese shop than anything else, so can't really see the point of it.  It feels like a mikey take to me.  Probably more interesting than an Alty documentary though, Rowley's sponsored walk would have been gripping!

Also agree about leadership and penalties, I think Salford's Glue League managers, Bernard and Jonno have gone as far as they can and need replacing with an ex-league manager.

Glad to see Jordan is doing well too.

I have to smile about Gary though...  He is the one who everyone hates, away fans always sing about his masturbation habits.  The only other one who gets any stick is Ryan, for obvious reasons.

The others get off Scott free.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 08:15:51 AM »

Nicky Butt lived on broad lane and Phil Neville lived on hill top, but had no connection/affinity to Altrincham or south Manchester other than its better than the rest of the urban sprawl. You already came on here once and announced your departure, not sure why as it's not an airport. Yet you've come back again.

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »

And there's me calling this a great forum!...

As I have a passing interest in Alty (after supporting them for a number of years) and have attended a few games this season, I don't see why I shouldn't post, if I feel like it.
I'm not the one that ruined your club and made people like me go elsewhere.  He's still in charge.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 09:26:04 AM »

Sorry, correction, the Class of 92 did live nearer Moss Lane than Moor Lane, as you rightly point out they have all moved out.  Wonder why?  ;)

Totally agree, the documentary is cringe worthy.  The last one focused more on a bench warmers cheese shop than anything else, so can't really see the point of it.  It feels like a mikey take to me.  Probably more interesting than an Alty documentary though, Rowley's sponsored walk would have been gripping!

Also agree about leadership and penalties, I think Salford's Glue League managers, Bernard and Jonno have gone as far as they can and need replacing with an ex-league manager.

Glad to see Jordan is doing well too.

I have to smile about Gary though...  He is the one who everyone hates, away fans always sing about his masturbation habits.  The only other one who gets any stick is Ryan, for obvious reasons.

The others get off Scott free.

As Fife has pointed out Butt and P Neville lived in Hale but the three players I mentioned have never lived nearer Moss Lane than Moor Lane. Anyway enjoy club hopping to whoever is at the right end of the table.

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 09:38:03 AM »

I was quite happy to support Alty at the wrong end of the Conference, and still would be if things had been different, shame really...
Hope Parkinson sorts you out and the mystery investor comes good.

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 11:30:59 AM »

And there's me calling this a great forum!...

As I have a passing interest in Alty (after supporting them for a number of years) and have attended a few games this season, I don't see why I shouldn't post, if I feel like it.
I'm not the one that ruined your club and made people like me go elsewhere.  He's still in charge.

the last sentence is spot on whatever I think of anything else he's said

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 02:15:20 PM »

Hopefully find out about this investment later this week

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 08:51:51 PM »

We got hundred grand for Watmore so it will have to be some investment for Rowley not to piss it up the wall

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 10:06:29 PM »

I was quite happy to support Alty at the wrong end of the Conference, and still would be if things had been different, shame really...

I don't believe you.

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 07:41:20 AM »

That's your prerogative.  :)

Tell you what I don't believe, that Rowley will step down.  He's playing you all...

York Alty is back

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 10:04:51 AM »

That's your prerogative.  :)

Tell you what I don't believe, that Rowley will step down.  He's playing you all...
anybody putting serious money in will want control of where it goes (to one degree or another). Any serious businessperson should also recognise a poor leader and decision maker such as Mr. Rowley. I beleivie that shoul the investment happen we will get double bubble with a new chair too.

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 11:36:25 AM »

I stopped holding my breath months ago. And it'll take a lot more than a begging letter from Shaun Densmore to get me to renew my season ticket.

If anyone's bored enough, have a look at the list of renewed patrons that appeared on the club site last week. Remove anybody whose surname includes the word "Rowley". Example : Chloe Rowley-Jones  (is she legally able to win the monthly draw ?). Then remove anyone who's obviously a board member or their wife. Plus anyone representing the club in an official capacity (John Skelhorn, the Laidlars).

Now see if you can count the rest without running out of fingers.....

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 05:28:18 PM »

I stopped holding my breath months ago. And it'll take a lot more than a begging letter from Shaun Densmore to get me to renew my season ticket.

If anyone's bored enough, have a look at the list of renewed patrons that appeared on the club site last week. Remove anybody whose surname includes the word "Rowley". Example : Chloe Rowley-Jones  (is she legally able to win the monthly draw ?). Then remove anyone who's obviously a board member or their wife. Plus anyone representing the club in an official capacity (John Skelhorn, the Laidlars).

Now see if you can count the rest without running out of fingers.....

To be fair at least they've all dipped in their pocket for £50, its not bad to start the ball rolling.

Whilst I agree that they are a shower of poo on the ownership and leadership front you cant really fault them for effort on the charitable front.

We just need a bit more of a polished professional approach to running a football club than what they are capable of providing.

Hopefully the new investment is not just money but personnel and experience, thats whats really crucial. Plenty of teams punching well above our weight on the same financial level or less.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gary Neville