PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anti Tim Deasy comments
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anti Tim Deasy comments  (Read 10328 times)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Anti Tim Deasy comments
« on: May 09, 2017, 07:11:48 PM »

As gk coach whilst Tim has been at the club, I take the criticism of Tim as criticism of myself. I can say that in all my time as a coach, no one has worked harder in terms of training and attempting to stay fit as much as Tim. He has had the misfortune to pick up a few injuries along the way, and that has hindered his performance at times. Don't forget, it's only 12 mths since he won both player of the year awards. I personally would not blame him for too many goals in the 2 seasons he's been here. He might himself, he is very self critical. Also, following a legend that was Stuart was always going to be tough. Just thought I'd say my piece!!

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Anti Tim Deasy comments
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:35:27 PM »

We all know Tim is an able goalkeeper as he proved in the National Premier but like you say he'll be the first to admit he didn't have a great season this time around although he certainly wasn't on his own!! Hopefully he can come back fully fit in pre season and prove once again he is capable of being Alty's number 1.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 07:37:53 PM »

It won't do him any harm to have a settled team in front of him instead of changing half the team every week.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 07:52:20 PM »

Why is everything taken personally at this club? It's pathetic.

No ones anti anything. People have remarked that Tim Deasy has struggled with injuries and at times it's affected his performance accordingly. No ones gone any further by saying he can't catch or anything.

That's a fact, whether Tim has fought his injuries and tried his best or not (and I don't know anyone has said otherwise). Another fact is I'll be watching a team in the evo stik league next year because we don't bite the bullet on things like this.

That's upsetting but I'll have to deal with it, because it's football not a tea dance or a prayer group.if any other comments are too upsetting then go see how other clubs would view it. A damn sight harsher than this I can tell you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:00:53 PM by Ballers »

Hulme Robin

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 08:46:13 PM »

Why does Deasy get a special mention? Is he proud of his own contribution to this season?

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »

I agree 100% with  Ballers. A fully fit Tim Deasy is an undoubted asset, but his injury record  (even though he's often played through his problems) has to beg a number of questions.

It is imperative that we kick straight in next season with as close as possible to a settled team. We certainly can't afford another season with a string of injuries.

Ian : if you tell me there is no basis for my concerns, then I will believe you, because I trust you in these matters. But I'm sure you can understand why I am not alone in thinking that we need another experienced keeper. And that should be a priority rather than somebody coming in part way through the season.

Man of Moss

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 08:55:19 PM »

Ian, chill man, lots of hurting people at the moment, understand your frustrations but you are not the only one, I had Tim as my player of the year two seasons a go, change at the top needed

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 08:56:18 PM »

And it's that sort of soft arse mentality that has us in this mess. Sorry but none , absolutely none of those players deserve a special mention for training hard and being unfortunate with injuries. To a man they didn't do anywhere near enough. If I was gaffer I'd have bombed them all out at the end of season. Let's not forget the pathetic performances they served up week after week.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 09:19:06 PM »

I simply offered my backing for Tim, as I would for all the keepers, as they were my domain in training, apologies if my statement was taken in the wrong context. All the club keepers will be in good shape for next season, I can guarantee that.

arnald

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »

Deasey was great first time around when they draged him back it was to plug a gap, well an open hole to be fair, the lad got player of the season at the end of his first try I think we can give him another go at this level he can't go wrong

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 09:38:20 PM »

Ian, if you're saying that Tim will be in good shape for next season, then that is a bloody massive relief because he is an exceptional goalkeeper. But you really can't blame people for being concerned.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »

I think we need to go into the next season with one main keeper and one understudy.  I'm not sure two equal keepers really works, there is a temptation to balance up playing time and the fear that one mistake will cost a place.  If that one main keeper is to be Tim then great because he is a quality keeper but as others have said if he is going to be injured a lot then this could be costly
Bernard Taylors barmy army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 08:43:49 AM »

The Keeper is a key position in any SUCCESSFUL team. If the powers that be intend to make a serious attempt at coming back up straight away we need at least 2 decent keepers who are totally fit, and available every week.

Regardless of who is in goals it is no good if you have to have a defender taking goal kicks etc due to the keeper carrying an injury.

Enough of us playing half crocked players in ANY position, we have pissed about sending out lame players for too long and look what has happened.

Some weeks it like watching an episode of Casualty ffs.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »

It's very hard to have 2 decent keepers at Conf National level never mind Evostick! No decent keeper will be willing to sit on the bench which is why it's imperative we have a fully fit keeper at the start of the season with a youth/reserve on the bench. If the 1st keeper picks up an injury or suspension then we can use the loan market.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 09:04:05 AM »

It's no coincidence that previously perfectly capable players (Deasy, Havern, Leather, Moult, Richman, Reeves) have served us absolute dross for 18 months.

Do we all really think they all turned useless overnight by coincidence?  It's the way they have been managed, nothing else - the fact there hasn't even been one stand-out player tells you everything.

If you want to call me out for defending them, whatever.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anti Tim Deasy comments