News
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: News  (Read 16375 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: News
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »

As has been said if clee was contracted we could and should have got a fee. So I suspected he wasnt on contract.

As for him being injury prone, im sure someone could add up the minutes he was injured during his 3 club season.

Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 08:06:08 PM »

Well, I can only assume that Nicky Clee has undergone a recent blood transfusion....

16 December 2016

ALTY'S "IN MY BLOOD" SAYS NICKY

John Edwards, Press and Media Officer, writes, "Nicky Clee has spoken of his delight at rejoining Altrincham and admitted the club is 'in my blood.' The talented winger, a huge crowd favourite in his first spell at The J.Davidson Stadium, became an Alty player for a second time on Friday morning and goes straight into interim manager Matt Doughty's squad for Saturday's Vanarama National League North fixture at Stockport County.

Reflecting on a whirlwind 24 hours that began with Harrogate Town agreeing to cancel his contract and ended with Alty adding his attacking flair to their bid to escape relegation trouble, Clee delivered an upbeat assessment of his fitness, after persistent groin problems last year, and said, 'I just can't wait to get going again in Alty colours. It's like a lot of our supporters say, the club gets in your blood. Lots of them have told me that over the years, and it's clearly the same with me. Five or six clubs other were interested in signing me when I left Guiseley just over a month ago, but I haven't spoken to any of them. Once I knew Buzz (Matt Doughty) wanted me, that was it."

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:29:29 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 08:13:52 PM »

Macsporran - I can't give exact dates.  My understanding is that we are waiting on some externals to complete some tasks and this is taking longer than expected. 

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 08:46:49 PM »

Timperley - you read it correctly.

Also, we hope to be able to let you all know the confirmed pre season friendlys tomorrow; with a major squad update at the weekend.
when we getting news about Rowley stepping down?

Arsed about friendlies

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »

Two stories just gone on the club's website - one good, the other not so good.
Which is which?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 08:56:50 PM »

Also, we hope to be able to let you all know the confirmed pre season friendlys tomorrow; with a major squad update at the weekend.

Arsed about friendlies

No one has actually said he is stepping down, but the group who met up with him must have been impressed with something  premsumably said regarding the potential investment ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 08:57:17 PM »

Not that bothered/surprised that Nicky wanted to leave....
He was very good on his day, but those days will get fewer and fewer.

Just need to read that GR has handed in his notice now... Sadly I cannot see that happening anytime soon, which will undoubtedly have an effect on attendances next season...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 09:03:01 PM »

Arsed about friendlies

No one has actually said he is stepping down, but the group who met up with him must have been impressed with something  premsumably said regarding the potential investment ?

I don't know if it was just me but when I read that statement a couple of weeks back it didn't shout out to me that investment was coming in, more that things were being done to facilitate investment. Who knows? But as Ray says below GR needs to bitevthe bullet for the greater good

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 09:06:23 PM »

Arsed about friendlies

I don't know if it was just me but when I read that statement a couple of weeks back it didn't shout out to me that investment was coming in, more that things were being done to facilitate investment. Who knows? But as Ray says below GR needs to bitevthe bullet for the greater good

Thats how I read it ,  faciliate for investment rather than some major takeover etc

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 09:21:24 PM »

Macsporran - I can't give exact dates.  My understanding is that we are waiting on some externals to complete some tasks and this is taking longer than expected. 
Management Guru - I'm afraid your answer sounds like corporate waffle. A simple " I don't know and can't guess when " would have been easier to understand. I was under the impression that communication was promised to improve under the new regime. I'm not seeing much to back that up.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 09:28:37 PM »

MacSporran - sorry about that.  No waffle, just attempting to bring as much clarity as I can to the situation -given the situation is ambiguous.

There are a couple of tasks being undertaken by outside organsations that should have been complete by now.  They have told us it will take "a couple more days" rather than (say) a number of weeks.  So we had hoped to bring news today, and now we hope to be able to do so in the coming week.  We thought we should announce the delay rather than let the deadline we had announced pass without comment.  It is impossible to be precise - but I wanted to give an answer that had more content than "we don't know".  I hope that my second attempt fares better than my first.

I am glad to be pulled up whenever I stray into corp speak - and so I thank you for pulling me back onto the straight and narrow.

Does this version provide more clarity?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 09:29:08 PM »

Nobody has said Rowley is going.

Only mention of Rowley's position has been from Rowley that has said he's going nowhere.

The four that met with Rowley stood down from their protests to allow Grahame to see this investment come to fruition.

No mention that this investment would lead to Grahame going, but I would think if it's a serious amount of investment that investment would come with the shares attached to it, and would either give challange to Grahames tenure or give someone for the Fab Four to support and protest in to the role
It's all my fault.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 09:29:58 PM »

As has been said if clee was contracted we could and should have got a fee. So I suspected he wasnt on contract.

As for him being injury prone, im sure someone could add up the minutes he was injured during his 3 club season.

The statement on the official website states that he "asked to be released​ from his contract"  which was "due to run until the end of next season".

Still,  it must encourage new players to join. If you get injured, you, quite rightly, continue to get paid, but, if you want to leave, you can,  and just get some disapproving remarks. As said, keeping a player who wants to leave is pretty pointless, but could not a complaint be made against the club which approached a contracted player?

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 09:44:30 PM »

Unless the clown goes the investment means nothing,it be just pissed up the wall and as many have said they won't buy season tickets

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »

My gut feeling is that GR will not be Altrincham FC chairman in the near future. After successive relegations, I simply cannot see it. Will it be linked to the promised investment news? Well, they're making a bloody big deal about it aren't they, so perhaps.
On Nicky. I was sad when he left last time, but with respect to him (and Reevesy for that matter), I'm actually quite relieved he's gone. Time to move on for all involved, particularly Altrincham FC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 News