News
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: News  (Read 16277 times)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: News
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »

MacSporran - sorry about that.  No waffle, just attempting to bring as much clarity as I can to the situation -given the situation is ambiguous.

There are a couple of tasks being undertaken by outside organsations that should have been complete by now.  They have told us it will take "a couple more days" rather than (say) a number of weeks.  So we had hoped to bring news today, and now we hope to be able to do so in the coming week.  We thought we should announce the delay rather than let the deadline we had announced pass without comment.  It is impossible to be precise - but I wanted to give an answer that had more content than "we don't know".  I hope that my second attempt fares better than my first.

I am glad to be pulled up whenever I stray into corp speak - and so I thank you for pulling me back onto the straight and narrow.

Does this version provide more clarity?

Yes thanks, it's clearer. It's only a shame that it's taken a few posts to get the full version ! Appreciate the reply.

Let's hope this is worth the wait...

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 10:31:14 PM »

GR's comments are quite extraordinary - wasn't Clee contracted to Harrogate when we got him from them?
Subtle difference. He initiated it himself at Harrogate, without any prompting from the club he joined (us). Not so this time.

That is an important distinction, though I can't imagine Clee would have asked to be released from his contract if he didn't know he'd get another gig elsewhere. And he wasn't playing at Harrogate, so I guess they were more understanding in that case. But I still find it odd that GR has had a pop at Clee for asking to be released from his contract when him doing that was what enabled us to re-sign him in the first place.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 10:39:49 PM by Leon »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 04:54:02 AM »

Great news that we secured sponsorship for the season, and there's still investment on the horizon.

I also cant imagine why GR would stay, surely he just wants to leave on a high note, but I somehow feel he has no interest in stepping down at all. He and his family have made it clear they are heavily entrenched in the football club. I feel their passion and loyalty towards the club has become completely misguided. Lets see anyway, opportunities around the corner.

I'm not bothered about Clee going, he's a liability because we relied on him for creativity and when he came back he wasnt fit every week and we didnt suddenly start putting the ball in the box for strikers. We need a fresh start, we only believe Clee is amazing because we have become so appaulingly bad on the pitch. There are younger, fitter, more reliable Nicky Clee's out there. He's been a good player for Alty but times up, lets move on.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2017, 07:42:28 AM »

Great news that we secured sponsorship for the season, and there's still investment on the horizon.

I also cant imagine why GR would stay, surely he just wants to leave on a high note, but I somehow feel he has no interest in stepping down at all. He and his family have made it clear they are heavily entrenched in the football club. I feel their passion and loyalty towards the club has become completely misguided. Lets see anyway, opportunities around the corner.

I'm not bothered about Clee going, he's a liability because we relied on him for creativity and when he came back he wasnt fit every week and we didnt suddenly start putting the ball in the box for strikers. We need a fresh start, we only believe Clee is amazing because we have become so appaulingly bad on the pitch. There are younger, fitter, more reliable Nicky Clee's out there. He's been a good player for Alty but times up, lets move on.

Well put. Securing our main shirt and stadium sponsor for another season is frankly the important news here, not the departure of an ageing, injury prone player whose best days are behind him, even taking into account the fantastic service Nicky has given us in the past. I believe Parky will have other irons in the fire.

York Alty is back

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2017, 10:26:09 AM »

I was always unsure of Nicky coming back last season. He would have been a miracle worker to have got that group of players motivated, and that wasn't his core role. I also feared for his ankles playing on poorer pitches against poorer less able teams next season. As has been said before, move on.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2017, 10:07:29 PM »

Home game v Gloucester Clee put in plenty of decent crosses but no one could be arsed to get on the end of them.
They really should be beating teams like us

markecky2

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2017, 12:31:54 PM »

Well put. Securing our main shirt and stadium sponsor for another season is frankly the important news here, not the departure of an ageing, injury prone player whose best days are behind him, even taking into account the fantastic service Nicky has given us in the past. I believe Parky will have other irons in the fire.

My thoughts exactly.

With Clee it's a bit of a sour taste really when he left Guiseley and then Harrogate gazumped us, then that didn't work out so we signed him again and gave him a long contract.  Now he is offmans again?  I'll remember him in his pomp though when he was great but I think but there was better ways of exiting than this.  

Parky loves a winger though from my reading so hopefully he will have players to step up and Clee won't have been playing for peanuts.

The resigning of Davidsons is huge.  Getting a shirt and ground sponsor is hard in any league, to do it in the NPL is double hard unless it's a directors company.  Would have been a large hole in the budget so a massive thanks to them.

As someone who has scrapped four cars with them, I'm doing my best to help out.

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2017, 12:42:36 PM »

So that's where the infamous Montego finished up !

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2017, 12:51:40 PM »

So that's where the infamous Montego finished up !

It was a Maestro,I had the Montego which also ended up at Davidsons along with 5 other ex motors so me and Ecky are definitely doing our bit!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:56:07 PM by Snork Maiden »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »

Macsporran - I can't give exact dates.  My understanding is that we are waiting on some externals to complete some tasks and this is taking longer than expected. 

I take it this is still ongoing ?

York Alty is back

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2017, 07:48:37 PM »

Macsporran - I can't give exact dates.  My understanding is that we are waiting on some externals to complete some tasks and this is taking longer than expected. 

I suspect this is a non-starter now.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2017, 09:52:22 PM »

Hope you are wrong

York Alty is back

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2017, 09:57:28 PM »

Hope you are wrong

Me too. The longer it goes on the less likely it is to come through. After last season I am cynical about anything Mr. Rowley has been involved with.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2017, 10:08:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure we were promised an update on this issue.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »

Its not that unusual for equity round subscriptions to be delayed...valuation and control issues are often thorny subjects. I have twice in my recent career had equity deals that took well approx 2 years to complete, but got there in the end. I have no idea what is going on here, but if I was putting money into the club right now after the past 2 seasons, my demands would be very tough indeed, and for sure it wouldn't be a quick negotiation. Quick, poorly thought through deals can cause problems down the road.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 News