PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Press release re Investment  (Read 92025 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 23, 2017, 10:01:34 AM »

The following press release will be sent this morning to all Manchester based national reporters, Manchester Evening News, Sale and Altrincham Messenger, Altrincham Today, Non-League Paper, BBC Manchester, Key 103, BBC Northwest, Granada, That's Manchester and Sky Sports.  Sadly, the timing is unfortunate but is dictated by actions already in train.  All existing shareholders should be receiving a notice of an EGM from this morning.

Press release follows:

ALTY INVESTMENT MOVE

The Board of Altrincham FC has called an Extraordinary General Meeting in a bid to pass a motion which will allow the club to bring in significant investment through a share offer.
Subject to approval at the EGM, the club will buyback 117,000 shares – roughly 51% - in order to create a means to generate finance. Altrincham will then be in a position to sell these shares to a suitable investor(s).

To progress on the field Alty has already made exciting signings for next season, and is moving forward with ambitious plans, despite the disappointment of recent relegation to the Evo-Stik Premier Division. To help with progression, the Board has appointed The Sport Business to help and support communications and commercial activities at the J Davidson stadium.
The Sport Business has worked with the football club on previous projects and helped raise more than £550,000 for the Community Sports Hall at Moss Lane.

Chairman Grahame Rowley said: “We’re determined to get Altrincham back to where the club belongs – at the pinnacle of non-league football. We’ve been working hard to get things in place on and off the pitch and we’re delighted to partner with The Sport Business, a local company we know and trust and who’ve Alty’s best interests at heart.

“We believe that with their contacts in business, sport and the media, they can help in many ways – bringing in investment, raising our profile and helping us to develop as an ambitious football club.”

Alty - a club with a proud ‘giant-killing’ history - currently delivers organised football and coaching for more than 1000 children each week, and has received awards for its community, charity, and junior football activities. Altrincham FC wants to be seen as representative of the exciting and dynamic developments within Altrincham Town Centre.

END

For more information regarding Altrincham’s plans and investment opportunities, contact The Sport Business:
Dominic McGuinness        dom@thesportbusiness.co.uk      07968 326541
Paul Smith                          paul@thesportbusiness.co.uk      07805 664064

markecky2

Re: Press release re Investment
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »

More questions than answers really but I guess more info will come out when it's done through correct process at the EGM.

This looks to me like it opens the door officially for new people to come in, get something for their investment in terms of shares.

Hopefully the first steps to a change at the top and getting everyone back together for the common goal of getting promoted.

All this talk of "x has tried to put money in" etc is about to be seen if it's bluster or real.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:16 AM »

I must say, I'm surprised you haven't waited until tomorrow to release this. I know life goes on, but very few people are going to pay this proper attention today.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 11:09:28 AM »

I must say, I'm surprised you haven't waited until tomorrow to release this. I know life goes on, but very few people are going to pay this proper attention today.

It's dismal timing, entirely pointless in fact.

That said, the media outlets identified aren't going to give a sh*t about it in the coming weeks let alone when they receive the email this morning

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 11:13:27 AM »

There are far more important events to be thinking about today.....so I will comment tomorrow...all my thoughts today are with those affected by events at the arena last night....

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 11:15:16 AM »

Standard practice is for PRs to be issued the day before so they can be included in the following day's morning editions. It's why you often see 'embagro'd until 6am etc on them'. As the club has employed a 3rd party to handle the publicity I suspect they've followed accepted professional procedure and the PR is 'out there' anyway and the club would have no option but to issue it. I think it's reasonable to assume the PR was issued well in advance of the events which unfolded last night.

York Alty is back

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 11:19:13 AM »

Nobody is going to give too much of a fart about an announcement from a club  wallowing in the evo stick.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 11:21:36 AM »

Standard practice is for PRs to be issued the day before so they can be included in the following day's morning editions. It's why you often see 'embagro'd until 6am etc on them'. As the club has employed a 3rd party to handle the publicity I suspect they've followed accepted professional procedure and the PR is 'out there' anyway and the club would have no option but to issue it. I think it's reasonable to assume the PR was issued well in advance of the events which unfolded last night.
It clearly states that it will be sent this morning.

mortlakebob

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 11:34:16 AM »

This really shouldnt have been put out this morning.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »

It's gone out on social media and everything. As if it couldn't have been delayed a little bit.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 11:39:17 AM »

It's gone out on social media and everything. As if it couldn't have been delayed a little bit.
We've been complaining about the delay. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 11:47:58 AM »

I'm much more interested in the implications this could have than the timing. I think Ballers is spot on, nobody from the news companies will give that much of a sh*t about it anyway, only when something substantial happens (after the EGM and the club goes up for sale). Agreed also with Romeo, people want news but now don't want it? What are we supposed to do?  ::)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 11:53:36 AM »

The last I'll say on it is that I was suggesting a delay of one day. We've already waited several weeks so another 24 hours wouldn't really have made a difference.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 11:56:11 AM »

There are only 232,000 shares in Alty at present - coincidentally 117,000 of them are "non Voting" shares held by John King.  

Hence this sounds like buying (?) these back off John King and an EGM to both approve that and to convert them to voting shares.

The other 115,000 shares held by a mixture of people then control less than 50% of the club.

I wasn't around in John King's era, but from what I've heard of him I assume he has the best of intentions towards the club?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 12:02:54 PM »

To be fair to the club, the official letters to shareholders notifying them of the EGM on 15th June 2017 were dated and posted yesterday (mine has arrived in this morning's post).

They could hardly have been expected to anticipate last night's horrendous incident at Manchester Arena.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team