PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Press release re Investment  (Read 91606 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Press release re Investment
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2017, 01:49:34 AM »

That means the whole club is worth around £1million and I can't see that being the case. Or is this just a figure GR has plucked out of his arse in a bid to dissuade people from attempting to buy all 117000 shares at once?
Exactly 100%

And this has been Rowleys end game since the Stalybridge walkout. Unfortunately those that protested and the Rowley out group have been taken for mugs. This has all been about more power for Rowley, overpricing of the club is the oldest trick in the book of corruption

Those that voted for this resolution should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves

Not in my name, not my club anymore
Get off your high horse. I'm not a happy clapper, nor a fan of the old Board. What I witnessed last night, was a Rowley who would welcome new people and investment. He may have been incompetent at times but he's not a monster. I was speaking with several of the Rowley Out gang when he came over and asked if they were satisfied with the outcome. If someone genuine comes in, he will step down.

bighairedmike

« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2017, 05:42:51 AM »

That means the whole club is worth around £1million and I can't see that being the case. Or is this just a figure GR has plucked out of his arse in a bid to dissuade people from attempting to buy all 117000 shares at once?
Exactly 100%

And this has been Rowleys end game since the Stalybridge walkout. Unfortunately those that protested and the Rowley out group have been taken for mugs. This has all been about more power for Rowley, overpricing of the club is the oldest trick in the book of corruption

Those that voted for this resolution should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves

Get off your high horse. I'm not a happy clapper, nor a fan of the old Board. What I witnessed last night, was a Rowley who would welcome new people and investment. He may have been incompetent at times but he's not a monster. I was speaking with several of the Rowley Out gang when he came over and asked if they were satisfied with the outcome. If someone genuine comes in, he will step down.

So has there been a formal evaluation? And if not, do we know how much it would cost to have one done?

Jimmy

« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2017, 08:05:53 AM »

The vote was only thing to do however I don't trust Rowley and I can't see him going anywhere soon,his ego won't allow it,if he was going why be arsed selecting another manager.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2017, 09:29:43 AM »

Alas, it doesn't look like he is going anywhere. I'd imagine we'll wallop a few pub teams this season to give the illusion that all is well. The sh*t will hit the fan the following season...

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2017, 10:36:38 AM »

Exactly 100%

So has there been a formal evaluation? And if not, do we know how much it would cost to have one done?

These same questions were asked at the EGM. The answers given were no, no formal evaluation of the club has been done and the cost to do so is estimated at approx £2000.

Jimmy

« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »

With what's at stake 2 grand is nothing

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2017, 11:17:13 AM »

I imagine the Sport Business will have lots of contacts so lets see what happens ,agree with the £2000 fee being worth paying.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2017, 11:33:58 AM »

It's the equivilant of 500 shares.

I would have thought anybody buying the share would want to know this valuation is legit.
It's all my fault.

markecky2

« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2017, 12:07:09 PM »

Exactly 100%

Those that voted for this resolution should be embarressed and ashamed of themselves

Serious question as I'm curious.  What would be your ideal resolution?

Is it GR just steps down overnight, no vice chairman in place and then what actually happens next?

Who even puts the statement out or organises the next stage?  We're owned in the main by people who lost interest a long time ago.  I can't see them banding together to relaunch things, they would sit and wait and look to others.

The "someone else will do it" attitude that presides when talk needs to turn into work would come to the fore here I'm pretty sure.

This is far from ideal for me but it's progress from where we were a month ago where if you wanted to take over it would have been difficult to actually do so.  

The way I see it, the future of our club outside of being a tea and bun club that bumbles along providing wonderful community things but is watched by passive spectators and not supporters is firmly in the hands of The Sport Business. I hope they can deliver.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2017, 01:08:43 PM »

Well said.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »

Serious question as I'm curious.  What would be your ideal resolution?

Is it GR just steps down overnight, no vice chairman in place and then what actually happens next?

Who even puts the statement out or organises the next stage?  We're owned in the main by people who lost interest a long time ago.  I can't see them banding together to relaunch things, they would sit and wait and look to others.

The "someone else will do it" attitude that presides when talk needs to turn into work would come to the fore here I'm pretty sure.

This is far from ideal for me but it's progress from where we were a month ago where if you wanted to take over it would have been difficult to actually do so.  

The way I see it, the future of our club outside of being a tea and bun club that bumbles along providing wonderful community things but is watched by passive spectators and not supporters is firmly in the hands of The Sport Business. I hope they can deliver.

Well said that man, although sadly I think you're wasting your breath (keystrokes) with some on here.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2017, 01:52:06 PM »

So to summarise, there are still people on here who think this entire exercise has been a plot to see GR gain complete control. If they are right and the share value has been deliberately inflated so nobody purchases them, he or his associates will snap them up for less than this sum over the coming months. In this case the shareholders, the supporters, John King and his family will all have been hoodwinked, with MLP Law and The Sport Business left blushing. Either that or the shareholders and fans have been led a merry dance by this particular axis of evil, blindsided  by international man of mystery Grahame Rowley who will at last have his hands on 50%+ of the shares.

Alternatively of course he could have bought out Len Rosenfield, Andrew Shaw and Geoff Goodwin a few months ago and just not told anyone.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:57:54 PM by JTH »

Jimmy

« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2017, 02:03:57 PM »

I have no opinion till he's gone

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2017, 02:04:54 PM »

I think your summary is very accurate.
At the meeting, GR was pressed to give an answer, and then gave his approximate "valuation" to the best of his knowledge.
Personally, I blame the illuminati.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2017, 02:31:07 PM »

Indeed, David Icke was obviously correct all along, GR is in fact a Lizard and Alty has been taken over by Aliens. As if further proof were needed, a strange glaring orb has appeared in our skies, a sure portent of disaster.....ye must away to yer keyboards and bemoan the very existence of human life on this godforsaken speck of dust of a planet.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment