PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Press release re Investment  (Read 91963 times)

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Press release re Investment
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 03:56:11 PM »

How much money is the club going to pay for the shares,and how much profit is going to be made?. And another point is surely any shares bought by the club should be in the clubs name not GR's, !?

York Alty is back

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »

How much money is the club going to pay for the shares,and how much profit is going to be made?. And another point is surely any shares bought by the club should be in the clubs name not GR's, !?

The letter says this will be a temporary measure, but I've posted ny NO vote back.  The man is totally honest in my view, it is has judgement that I have no faith in.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 04:20:13 PM »

I can't understand the mentality of some of the people who post on here sometimes.

The letters were already in the post when the atrocity happened. The newpapers will be consumed by this event for some time to come. How long do you think actions should be delayed for?

I think the timing is extremely unfortunate but in the circumstances the intentions of the club will be unaffected. Once the EGM has taken place and the shares have been bought back there will be another opportunity to advertise that the club is looking for a backer.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »

Seems very reasonable to me, who would want to invest if they don't control and how can you get control without pooling 51% of the shares. Step 1 of a 2 phase process
Bernard Taylors barmy army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 06:01:43 PM »

I am pretty stunned at some responses here in relation to the timing of the press release

Children have died and been mamed mentally and physically for life

Evil people want to spread fear and hatred

The timing is simply irrelevant

My thoughts are with those poor people who didn't get home last night or who were caught up in the atrocities committed against people who have barley had a life yet
ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2017, 06:23:36 PM »

I am pretty stunned at some responses here in relation to the timing of the press release

Children have died and been mamed mentally and physically for life

Evil people want to spread fear and hatred

The timing is simply irrelevant

My thoughts are with those poor people who didn't get home last night or who were caught up in the atrocities committed against people who have barley had a life yet

Well said, Wayne, some much needed common sense and perspective.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2017, 06:38:31 PM »

The letter says this will be a temporary measure, but I've posted ny NO vote back.  The man is totally honest in my view, it is has judgement that I have no faith in.

You do realise that voting 'No' makes it more likely Rowley will stay? Without the new shares he and his mates own a controlling stake in the club and no one can get rid of them unless they choose to sell their shares.

With the new share issue a new buyer can come in and get rid of him.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »

The letter says this will be a temporary measure, but I've posted ny NO vote back.  The man is totally honest in my view, it is has judgement that I have no faith in.

You do realise that voting 'No' makes it more likely Rowley will stay? Without the new shares he and his mates own a controlling stake in the club and no one can get rid of them unless they choose to sell their shares.

It also now gives him, his family and his associates the opportunity to purchase a fully controlling majority stake in the club and what he likes with it. Thats probably a concern. Its been said already, I dont believe he has the wrong intentions for the club and wants to take the club down or sell us down the river, I just dont think he's that good at being chairman of a football club. And this is a the biggest thing thats happened to the club since we were hours from collapsing into the abyss. Is he the man to lead this process? Thats where i'm nervous.

And yes Wayne, you're 100% correct. No parent should ever have the need to imagine this sort of suffering let alone live through it.

York Alty is back

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2017, 07:15:30 PM »

The letter says this will be a temporary measure, but I've posted ny NO vote back.  The man is totally honest in my view, it is has judgement that I have no faith in.

Is there a legal requirement for these to go into his name, as opposed into some form of solicitors account, similar to the process of escrow?

I am no legal eagle but I can't see PLCs putting the shares into the CEOs name when they are buying back shares. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:28:41 PM by York Alty - Mr. Rowley OUT. »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 07:53:36 PM »

It also now gives him, his family and his associates the opportunity to purchase a fully controlling majority stake in the club and what he likes with it. Thats probably a concern. Its been said already, I dont believe he has the wrong intentions for the club and wants to take the club down or sell us down the river, I just dont think he's that good at being chairman of a football club. And this is a the biggest thing thats happened to the club since we were hours from collapsing into the abyss. Is he the man to lead this process? Thats where i'm nervous.

And yes Wayne, you're 100% correct. No parent should ever have the need to imagine this sort of suffering let alone live through it.

True, but it's a bit of an odd play if that's his aim.

It would mean he'd be prepared to spend thousands to make a very secure position even more secure. I really can't see the reasoning behind it.

I think we've underrated the fact that Rowley is a proud man. By engineering this potential sale he can step aside as the architect of a new era. This is probably much more appealing to him than resigning and (in his view) leaving us in the sh*t.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 07:55:33 PM »

Is there a legal requirement for these to go into his name, as opposed into some form of solicitors account, similar to the process of escrow?

I am no legal eagle but I can't see PLCs putting the shares into the CEOs name when they are buying back shares. 

I don't know either.

However, don't you think it would have been sensible to find out the answer to this question before sending your vote in?

York Alty is back

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 08:11:05 PM »

I don't know either.

However, don't you think it would have been sensible to find out the answer to this question before sending your vote in?

No, as that could take a lot of legal brain power. Gut feel is that the answer is no.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2017, 08:13:44 PM »

I don't know either.

No, as that could take a lot of legal brain power. Gut feel is that the answer is no.

If you truly want someone other than GR in the hot seat, you've really dropped a clanger with that 'NO' vote. I just hope others don't do the same or we are right back where we started.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2017, 09:01:11 PM »

Not the day to discuss this emotive topic in too much detail but my view...

Anyone who criticises the club for the timing of this is beyond help, the letters would have been landing on the shareholders doormats this morning (and then leaking out on here by lunchtime), today had clearly been planned as the big reveal for weeks. It's just a horrible awful coincidence but this is one thing you can't blame the club for.

On the second point, I don't own any shares but everyone who does must absolutely vote yes. This is the only way to make us a viable prospect for a serious outside investor. I do think GR wants to leave but in a way that allows him to say he's passing it on to a custodian who can be entrusted fully with the future of the club. The yes vote opens this possibility up and we must thank John King to seeking to do what he now thinks is right and giving us this potential opportunity. Don't let short term dislike for Rowley cloud your eyes to what will be in the best long term interests of the club.

York Alty is back

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2017, 09:08:43 PM »

I don't know either.

If you truly want someone other than GR in the hot seat, you've really dropped a clanger with that 'NO' vote. I just hope others don't do the same or we are right back where we started.

Disagree with that, but there we are.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment