PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Press release re Investment  (Read 92043 times)

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Press release re Investment
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2017, 09:53:33 PM »

Anyone who criticises the club for the timing of this is beyond help, the letters would have been landing on the shareholders doormats this morning (and then leaking out on here by lunchtime), today had clearly been planned as the big reveal for weeks. It's just a horrible awful coincidence but this is one thing you can't blame the club for.

Agree - the events yesterday were awful beyond belief - but today businesses continued to operate in the North West and beyond. Frankly last night put the issues at Alty into stark perspective. But the club did nothing wrong.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2017, 10:00:00 PM »

Not the day to discuss this emotive topic in too much detail but my view...

Anyone who criticises the club for the timing of this is beyond help, the letters would have been landing on the shareholders doormats this morning (and then leaking out on here by lunchtime), today had clearly been planned as the big reveal for weeks. It's just a horrible awful coincidence but this is one thing you can't blame the club for.

On the second point, I don't own any shares but everyone who does must absolutely vote yes. This is the only way to make us a viable prospect for a serious outside investor. I do think GR wants to leave but in a way that allows him to say he's passing it on to a custodian who can be entrusted fully with the future of the club. The yes vote opens this possibility up and we must thank John King to seeking to do what he now thinks is right and giving us this potential opportunity. Don't let short term dislike for Rowley cloud your eyes to what will be in the best long term interests of the club.

Agree with all of that. It's not the day to consider or discuss it (I am a shareholder and have received the letter but just glanced at it), but I would be surprised if I don't vote yes when I do come to think about it properly.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2017, 10:03:00 PM »

First of all anyone that criticises Bill for the timing of todays statement is misguided. As the Bishop of Manchester and many others have said although the events last night were horrific, we mustn't let the b******s win.

I haven't yet received my Shareholder letter and I am all for Rowley leaving the club, but a few things are niggling me.

Why now? a share issue has been raised a few times over the years and has always been rejected. This despite the need for investment.
Why do the shares go in Rowley's name?
Are there investors in the pipeline?
What if investors are not found, does Rowley keep the shares forever?
Why is our aim only the Conference National, surely we want to progress as far as we can? Investors love ambition and there is no reason we couldn't get to the Football League with the right amount of investment aligned with a sound business plan.

Its time that he moved on, but I do find it difficult to trust Rowley after recent events.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2017, 08:15:31 AM »

First of all anyone that criticises Bill for the timing of todays statement is misguided. As the Bishop of Manchester and many others have said although the events last night were horrific, we mustn't let the b******s win.

I haven't yet received my Shareholder letter and I am all for Rowley leaving the club, but a few things are niggling me.

Why now? a share issue has been raised a few times over the years and has always been rejected. This despite the need for investment.
Why do the shares go in Rowley's name?
Are there investors in the pipeline?
What if investors are not found, does Rowley keep the shares forever?
Why is our aim only the Conference National, surely we want to progress as far as we can? Investors love ambition and there is no reason we couldn't get to the Football League with the right amount of investment aligned with a sound business plan.

Its time that he moved on, but I do find it difficult to trust Rowley after recent events.

Why now? Because John King has deemed it to be.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

JMF

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2017, 09:18:55 AM »

He is probably as despondent as the supporters as to where the club finds itself.

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 09:20:48 AM »

He is probably as despondent as the supporters as to where the club finds itself.
I don't think Kingy does despondent. Angry is more likely.

andrewflynn

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2017, 09:52:33 AM »

Why on earth would you vote no?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2017, 10:26:34 AM »

Some people on here are blinded by hate.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2017, 10:32:42 AM »

Actually, that's a global problem.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »

Actually, that's a global problem.
Indeed Sir, sad, but true.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2017, 11:22:49 AM »

If you're trying to impress the forum with your anti-Rowley stance, but radically misjudge the situation.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Frosty

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »

So this is the BIG announcement that we have all been waiting for and why the ROWLEY OUT campaign was stopped when it was just gaining momentum?
 Well played rowley 1-0 to you.

Jezza

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2017, 11:55:49 AM »

While these are non voting shares they are essentially worthless.

But when converted they should be held in trust...what if grahame died and whoever the shares were passed to held a grudge against the club??

Jezza

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2017, 11:56:51 AM »

And i dont understand why GR has to stay as chairman for this to go ahead???

Im quite excited about the new season but refuse to buy a season ticket or join the patrons or go to a home game while GR is chair..the second he steps down ill buy the season ticket...buy a shirt etc...this mans ego is interfering with my enjoyment of my football club and is causing a bottlestop to incoming funds.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:00:12 PM by The Thriving Jezza »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »

And i dont understand why GR has to stay as chairman for this to go ahead???

For his ego, pure and simple. The chance to redeem himself. And also I doubt anyone would do the job between now and someone coming in to invest.

I hope at this EGM he will express his intention to stand down once investment of significant shareholding is found.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment