PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Press release re Investment  (Read 91630 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Press release re Investment
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2017, 11:19:32 PM »

The club is effectively up for sale. It is a way forward. Now some of you that were so convinced people would be beating a path to the door....maybe you could show them the way eh?

I hope this works, but I'm not as convinced as some that the wealthy backers are out there chomping at the bit.
I wasn't ever convinced by that particular smokescreen. But I do remain convinced that we're heading for Hell in a handcart OFF the pitch, regardless of how well we fare ON it in the future.

markecky2

« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2017, 11:26:06 PM »

The club is effectively up for sale. It is a way forward. Now some of you that were so convinced people would be beating a path to the door....maybe you could show them the way eh?

I hope this works, but I'm not as convinced as some that the wealthy backers are out there chomping at the bit.

Is this all about wealthy backers though?  Certainly isn't for me.

However it does open the door for people who want to get involved to get something for their money.

Give me the person who will energise people again, start the repair job on fixing the damage that has been done in the last few years.  It's going to take a long time to get young fans able to stick their chest out and say they support Altrincham again in the conversations with red and blue mates.   There is now a stigma with supporting Altrincham that garners sympathy where they used to be respect after the last four clowns best efforts to reduce us to a footballing joke.    

It will come again but it isn't going to happen on it's own.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2017, 11:39:43 PM »

The right result tonight. The conditions are now set for the right person(s) to invest in the club and know they will be running the show with a majority stake. The key now is advertising in the right places, not just the back pages of the NLP and our own social media channels but aggressively pushing our message out.

On the pitch Parky and the players he's brought in over the summer thus far have looked the part, now time for us to do similar off the pitch too.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2017, 07:07:48 AM »

Is this all about wealthy backers though?  Certainly isn't for me.

However it does open the door for people who want to get involved to get something for their money.

This point was made by Grahame Rowley in answer to the very first question from Graham Heathcote. He does not envisage all 117000 shares being purchased by one ondividual, but it is a vehicle for co-opting persons onto the board who can bring skills currently unavailable. He cited Bill Waterson's recent appointment as an example.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2017, 10:08:17 AM »

How much money is the club going to pay for the shares,and how much profit is going to be made?. And another point is surely any shares bought by the club should be in the clubs name not GR's, !?

The letter says this will be a temporary measure, but I've posted ny NO vote back.  The man is totally honest in my view, it is has judgement that I have no faith in.

Thankfully most people gave the situation more consideration and didn't follow suit.

At least the door is now open.......the big question is how many will be beating a path towards it?

So the vote was carried ? Did they give the numbers involved ?

Someone will probably confirm officially, probably about 30-40 shareholders there, there was a Q&A session, then all 4 votes were passed unanimously, don't think anyone voted against.

Unanimous in the room, as I voted against one of the four proposals via the post. Unless you are truly saying all four were passed unanimously.

Yes, fair point - it looked liked unanimous in the room, but there are other postal votes from many other investors (like yours) who agreed / disagreed that will need to be summed up until the final official results are announced...

I voted against Resolution 4 by proxy, so this motion was definitely not unanimous. The situation now is that, a small sale of these shares to an investor and maybe potential Director would remove the ability for a single investor to gain 51% of the Club. As Resolution 4 was passed, the decision as to whom and how many of these shares are sold is left with the Board.

York Alty is back

« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »

The Press Release on the main site states "A show of hands from shareholders".

There was a POSTAL VOTE too. What's the concern about releasing the actual votes for and against each proposal?

I shall be contacting the club.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »

There was a POSTAL VOTE too. What's the concern about releasing the actual votes for and against each proposal?

Who cares, its gone through. They had a majority, thats obvious.

I do wonder if the board will ever approve the sale of these shares to anyone other than 'happy clappers' who are willing to back the current regime. In that sense I dont see really whats changed. I also note some sense of back pedalling on the involvement of 'The Sports Business' who I understood were tasked with finding investors and now seem to be just helping with PR and getting 'external contacts'.

It sounds to me like its a framework thats been put in place but still relies on the impetus of the board for it to be applied.

No change in GR's desire to control the club and do as he sees fit then.

Not really an acknowledgement that he is unable to run the club in its current form.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2017, 01:51:33 PM »

To be honest L'Homme du Sport, that is exactly how I feel. Nothing has really changed. GR still chairman is disastrous.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2017, 01:56:43 PM »

I fully expect that if the club do not actively seek investment, that Rowley Out's four will add further, and more substantial pressure for Grahame to step down, with or without a new leader.
It's all my fault.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2017, 02:35:19 PM »

I would just like to make a couple of points to clarify:

1) John's Laidlar's account on the website reflects his observations as a private shareholder.  Hence his "passed unanimously in the room" comment.  We have not yet released an official report of the meeting - currently I don't know when this will be released but I am following up to ascertain this.  There is certainly no intent from the club to conceal the results.

2) The intent is to sell the new share issue in major tranches, in other words to investors who are putting a reasonably sized investment into the club.  We have a means to sell shares to those who require a small stake which will not dilute the new issue at all.

3) As I stated last night, in order to deliver on our ambition we need to expand the board.  The injection of capital will be welcome but just as welcome will be the injection of new energy, new ideas and new expertise.

4) We have not rolled back on how we intend to use the Sports Partnership.  Rather we are still exploring the best way to work with them in the commercial domain - attracting new sponsors and the like - without overlapping with our current initiatives.  We will continue to work with them in looking for new investors.

I hope this helps

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2017, 02:59:23 PM »

1) John's Laidlar's account on the website reflects his observations as a private shareholder.  Hence his "passed unanimously in the room" comment.  We have not yet released an official report of the meeting - currently I don't know when this will be released but I am following up to ascertain this.  There is certainly no intent from the club to conceal the results.

2) The intent is to sell the new share issue in major tranches, in other words to investors who are putting a reasonably sized investment into the club.  We have a means to sell shares to those who require a small stake which will not dilute the new issue at all.

3) As I stated last night, in order to deliver on our ambition we need to expand the board.  The injection of capital will be welcome but just as welcome will be the injection of new energy, new ideas and new expertise.

4) We have not rolled back on how we intend to use the Sports Partnership.  Rather we are still exploring the best way to work with them in the commercial domain - attracting new sponsors and the like - without overlapping with our current initiatives.  We will continue to work with them in looking for new investors.

I hope this helps

May I ask why John is posting personal observations on the club's official website?

It's all my fault.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2017, 03:14:40 PM »

I hope this helps

May I ask why John is posting personal observations on the club's official website?

Very good :)

Matt Taylor

« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2017, 03:26:31 PM »

I hope this helps

Bill – Is there going to be a further press release by the football club that people can share within their own professional and personal networks? And can you give us assurance that there will be a better job done of raising external publicity than there was around the original EGM announcement, so that fans don’t have to start sending it out to the media themselves again? This is one of the most important and exciting developments in the club for a generation, and it needs to treated as such with as much publicity and external noise created as possible.

On the positive, and after some of questions being directed at the board last night, it is reassuring to hear you say that there are no plans to dilute the unique and exciting opportunity that is created by having a controlling share in the club being up for sale, and that steps have been taken to prevent this.

It was also positive that the chairman has committed to publishing the details of any purchase(s) once completed. This means that fans won’t be left wondering and speculating, and having to wait for the club to update Companies House before finding out exactly who may have purchased what shareholding.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »

1) John's Laidlar's account on the website reflects his observations as a private shareholder.  Hence his "passed unanimously in the room" comment.  We have not yet released an official report of the meeting - currently I don't know when this will be released but I am following up to ascertain this.  There is certainly no intent from the club to conceal the results.

2) The intent is to sell the new share issue in major tranches, in other words to investors who are putting a reasonably sized investment into the club.  We have a means to sell shares to those who require a small stake which will not dilute the new issue at all.

3) As I stated last night, in order to deliver on our ambition we need to expand the board.  The injection of capital will be welcome but just as welcome will be the injection of new energy, new ideas and new expertise.

4) We have not rolled back on how we intend to use the Sports Partnership.  Rather we are still exploring the best way to work with them in the commercial domain - attracting new sponsors and the like - without overlapping with our current initiatives.  We will continue to work with them in looking for new investors.

I hope this helps

Thanks Bill. I have a very simple question. If someone comes in to buy the full 51% who the majority of the board feel are a worthy investor will it be allowed, even if it means the chairman stepping down?

York Alty is back

« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »

Who cares, its gone through. They had a majority, thats obvious.

I do wonder if the board will ever approve the sale of these shares to anyone other than 'happy clappers' who are willing to back the current regime. In that sense I dont see really whats changed. I also note some sense of back pedalling on the involvement of 'The Sports Business' who I understood were tasked with finding investors and now seem to be just helping with PR and getting 'external contacts'.

It sounds to me like its a framework thats been put in place but still relies on the impetus of the board for it to be applied.

No change in GR's desire to control the club and do as he sees fit then.

Not really an acknowledgement that he is unable to run the club in its current form.

Why bother holding a vote if you are not prepared to count these votes. May as well guess.  Guessing and a show of hands was not good enough at British Leyland i n the 1970s and it's not good enough now.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment