PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pay per point Season Ticket
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pay per point Season Ticket  (Read 16029 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Pay per point Season Ticket
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 11:52:09 PM »

It's a bit daft that it's not possible to purchase season tickets on line - or pretty much anything the club sells.
 >:(
A lot of people will be put off by having to go down to the club etc.
I was certainly put off by going down to the club on a regular basis between August and October

Man of Moss

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 01:02:29 AM »

This club seems to like cash transactions a little too much in my opinion

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 10:21:25 AM »

It's a bit daft that it's not possible to purchase season tickets on line - or pretty much anything the club sells.

Agree 100% and I do feel, unfortunately, that we have bit of a luddite attitude towards things like this. "Give Jenny a ring" may have been the accepted way to handle enquiries in the 1990's, but in 2017 we should have a fully functioning online club shop.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:26:09 AM by Paul Cain's Chip Pan »
Come on Alty!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »

Already more season tickets have been sold than Stalybridge managed to sell last season.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 12:37:48 PM »

Agree 100% and I do feel, unfortunately, that we have bit of a luddite attitude towards things like this. "Give Jenny a ring" may have been the accepted way to handle enquiries in the 1990's, but in 2017 we should have a fully functioning online club shop.
and a fully functioning football team as well please . Hee hee
ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »

and a fully functioning football team as well please . Hee hee

Something that definitely was better in the 1990's, for the most part.......     :)
Come on Alty!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 01:36:32 PM »

I have just called the club to purchase a season ticket & was able to pay by credit card over the phone.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »

I have just called the club to purchase a season ticket & was able to pay by credit card over the phone.
Perhaps they should advertise this....not that I'm thinking of making use of it.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 02:36:06 PM »

It is very hit and miss,electronic payment should not even be up for debate in this day and age. I will not win many friends for saying this, knowing the precious nature of the football club to react to any constructive criticism. But, when the community sport hall was constructed a dedicated reception area or ticket office should have been put in. Even now one of the large windows on to the pavement should be adapted as such. People know space is short, people know everyone works hard, people know we are greatful for volunteers People know it's shared by the differing companies and departments. But an area that resembles a cross between a shared working space, a canteen, a crèche, a coffee morning and an ex managers holding area should not be on public view. Again it's about presentation,perception and the public face. A sliding window with a doorbell, float tin and a chip and pin machine would be far better, giving people access to tickets, general enquiries and club shop items. It is a working office and as such will understandably be a hub bub as people are busy,but it's not a reception area or a ticket office/club shop. We're back to second hand lawnmower appeals here, might not bother other people but I think it's important and would increase profits and make it look a more slick and professional operation.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »

It is very hit and miss,electronic payment should not even be up for debate in this day and age. I will not win many friends for saying this, knowing the precious nature of the football club to react to any constructive criticism. But, when the community sport hall was constructed a dedicated reception area or ticket office should have been put in. Even now one of the large windows on to the pavement should be adapted as such. People know space is short, people know everyone works hard, people know we are greatful for volunteers People know it's shared by the differing companies and departments. But an area that resembles a cross between a shared working space, a canteen, a crèche, a coffee morning and an ex managers holding area should not be on public view. Again it's about presentation,perception and the public face. A sliding window with a doorbell, float tin and a chip and pin machine would be far better, giving people access to tickets, general enquiries and club shop items. It is a working office and as such will understandably be a hub bub as people are busy,but it's not a reception area or a ticket office/club shop. We're back to second hand lawnmower appeals here, might not bother other people but I think it's important and would increase profits and make it look a more slick and professional operation.

Rather ironically, we used to have one of these in the 1970's....a place that I associate with the legendary Derek Kennerley, as he seemed to be the one generally on the other side of the opening.

Some good thoughts here.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 05:49:54 PM »

Should be a window open during the dispensing drinks. No ideal the bar being on the opposite side of the the window, but would be a a money spinner. 

Could have the players not in the squad earning their corn by fetching and carrying drinks.
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 05:31:41 PM »

...and a nightmare to market.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 05:33:04 PM »

How hard would it be to set up an auxiliary webpage for processing such transactions?

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 07:14:36 PM »

How hard would it be to set up an auxiliary webpage for processing such transactions?

It would be relatively easy to do for individual ticketed games, but season tickets at those amounts would probably mean a fair whack of commission and subsequent loss of revenue.

We will never be able to sell directly from the official website in its current format. A transition to Wix or another drag and drop site builder would open a lot of doors for the club.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 07:19:18 PM »

It would be relatively easy to do for individual ticketed games, but season tickets at those amounts would probably mean a fair whack of commission and subsequent loss of revenue.

We will never be able to sell directly from the official website in its current format. A transition to Wix or another drag and drop site builder would open a lot of doors for the club.

Do you know how much it would cost to set up a new website with e-commerce facilities?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pay per point Season Ticket