PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Managers meeting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Managers meeting  (Read 19393 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Managers meeting
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 10:23:59 PM »

If Joe Mwasile hasn't signed for us why has it been announced he has? Very odd!

To throw Barca off the scent
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 10:26:55 PM »

Bloody scare tactics......

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 10:45:13 PM »

I think the wifi dipped out after the first ten minutes, but a second stream was quickly established and served its purpose to good effect. Watch it back here: https://www.facebook.com/altrinchamfc/videos/10155417897018894/

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 11:29:56 PM »

To throw Barca off the scent

Brilliant. Very funny. Especially after four pints in Pi!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 11:43:10 PM »

Hi all, just returned from the meeting, it went really, really well. I know some of you will say the same was said re Neil Young, but the class of players is totally different this time. Can't say who will be good next season as yet, but all the players are dead keen to get the season started.

The general consensus is to now draw a line under the last two seasons and look forward now. I really liked what Phil had to say about how we play. He did not give much away, but did say we would be playing great football to watch, and I think this was reflected in the squad we have signed up. There look to be some good signings from both above and at our current level. The players were particularly keen afterwards to move amongst us and sit down for a chat. It was fitting that there were only 4-5 players missing from the squad, as the others were away and those that weren't attended tonight's meeting. Really nice bunch of lads and we all said we were fully behind them and looking forward to watching them play. Other than the original members of the squad, watch out for Sefton Gonzalez, he is a big hustling forward that opposing defenders are going to fear. Spoke to several other players, they are all glad to be here and looking forward to the start of the season. Will be worth going to the friendlies to get a look at the players early doors.

Phil and Neil sound like good managers to run the team, they are young and are brimming with ideas with what needs to be done, including intense training and cutting down on injuries. He is also keeping an open mind re the captaincy, but apart from Sean and Jake, said there are many other possibilities.

All in all a great meeting. To those fans who have left supporting the club, I say get yourselves back here sooner rather than later, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It would be great to see you all back again and don't give up on us just yet. See you all at the first home friendly.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 12:05:54 AM »

Take home points were; Joe mwasile has in fact not signed for us. We're looking at a backup keeper who was in attendance tonight. The new physiotherapy/sports science team is hoping we'll have far fewer injuries and the players and management seem confident of promotion.

The proposed backup keeper is Ryan Neild whom I saw playing for Airbus UK Broughton last season (he conceded four goals, but that was against The New Saints, to be fair). Interesting and surprising, to me at least, to see that Clayton McDonald is still at the club, too.

It was a different sort of evening. Phil Parkinson spoke very well and seems to be a very innovative manager with his efforts to build up team or club spirit with the players and supporters bonding. The proof is what happens when the season actually starts, of course, after one or two such events recently, but, despite that cynicism, I do feel better after this meeting.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 10:58:57 AM »

Phil Parkinson was upbeat and very positive, obviously he needs to be. Good to see the majority of the squad there, I think there will be some comings and goings here, with only 12 of them on a contract. Good move on his part as does not tie up all his budget.

Good to talk to Simon at length, it was eye opening to be able to talk to the players new and old. Good luck to us all this season.

No ball or training commenced but definitely feel more positive than at any time over the last 18 months. 

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 11:08:07 AM »

The new coach, Chris Parkes, is he the new goalkeeping coach like he was at Nantwich or is a general coach? How was big Clayton looking? Has he lost any weight over the summer?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 11:32:12 AM »

They said Ian was goal keeper coach, pretty sure. I did not chat with Clayton, I guess he has not got a contract and will trial to get in the squad.

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 11:35:35 AM »

I hope we give PP the time to get it right and rejig if it doesnt gel immediatly....i am confident he knows what he is doing and will be an excellent long term manager...

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 11:38:22 AM »

With regards to steves call for fans to return...it was not the quality of football that kept me away..id turn up however sh*te we are...so i will certainly be cheering pp and the boys away from home and hopefully will return to moss lane when there is a leader at the top i have confidence in...

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »

With regards to steves call for fans to return...it was not the quality of football that kept me away..id turn up however sh*te we are...so i will certainly be cheering pp and the boys away from home and hopefully will return to moss lane when there is a leader at the top i have confidence in...
Totally agree.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »

Well said

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 05:24:52 PM »

Well to me from what I read and hear the club is finally on the up on the playing side. Surely the team need support and some, make Moss Lane noisy again and give the new players and management something to urge them on. Boycotting is counterproductive and frankly not what I'd expect true supporters to do. We can hopefully get back on track this season, winning it would be nice but I'm realistic, we have more chance though with fans in Moss Lane than those watching TV or shopping with the wife. Time to stop this now.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 06:22:15 PM »

I hope that Tom Hannigan doesn't suffer another injury whilst he's on his honeymoon.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Managers meeting