PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First thoughts
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: First thoughts  (Read 11689 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
First thoughts
« on: July 08, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »

Though a typical first game friendly of which the score was not a surprise. I was surprised that there were quite a few triallists playing. From the RR commentary, in the first half Jake Moult and James Poole were standouts, and in the second sounded like Sam Sheridan had a good game. More of a test will come next Tuesday, I will be there!!

Generally speaking we need to hit the ground running from the off, but I must admit the squad sound very interesting with some good signings, but we need to gel quickly. Missing the last friendly and the first game if at home, so hoping it is away!!

See those that are going on Tuesday, hope some of the fans who walked out last season give them another chance.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: First thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 07:15:30 PM »

Lets hope Hannigan, Densmore and Miller aren't still injured.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 07:23:05 PM »

Thought Taylor had a decent game. Also liked the number three left back in the first half.
Had a lot of posession in the first half - few chances though. Early days but it looks like we may be ok next season.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 07:34:38 PM »

Lets hope Hannigan, Densmore and Miller aren't still injured.

Hannigan was there but didn't feature. I didn't see Densmore or Miller but I'm led to believe Miller currently has his leg in plaster.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 07:36:58 PM »

Though a typical first game friendly of which the score was not a surprise. I was surprised that there were quite a few triallists playing. From the RR commentary, in the first half Jake Moult and James Poole were standouts, and in the second sounded like Sam Sheridan had a good game. More of a test will come next Tuesday, I will be there!!

Generally speaking we need to hit the ground running from the off, but I must admit the squad sound very interesting with some good signings, but we need to gel quickly. Missing the last friendly and the first game if at home, so hoping it is away!!

See those that are going on Tuesday, hope some of the fans who walked out last season give them another chance.

The fans walkout last season was nothing to do with the team so there's none of them to give another chance to.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 07:45:26 PM »

Just read on the main site that the No.9 in the 2nd half was a trialist which I'm pleased about because he didn't really impress me and I thought he was the highly rated striker we'd signed from Witton! Of all the trialists the lad that wore no.3 at left back in the 1st half was the most impressive but we said that about Callum Charlton last pre season!

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »

Just read on the main site that the No.9 in the 2nd half was a trialist which I'm pleased about because he didn't really impress me and I thought he was the highly rated striker we'd signed from Witton! Of all the trialists the lad that wore no.3 at left back in the 1st half was the most impressive but we said that about Callum Charlton last pre season!
That number 3 didn't stand out for me, but I thought the tall number 2 looked half decent. James Poole looked classy, and in the second half Sam Sheridan practically ran the game single handed. It should be noted that we played most of the second half with 10 men !

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 08:28:37 PM »

Young Taylor was the best player on the pitch - can we please try and sign this lad up for longer. Poole looked sharp, Johnston is a little livewire, Moult looked like he meant business again and the experience and composure Sam Sheridan brings to the party will be invaluable this season.  I felt we lacked a cutting edge throughout, but then again, with so many forwards absent, there's no need to become alarmed just yet.
None of the triallists particularly impressed me, though the tall number 2 deserves another chance.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 08:42:04 PM »

Yes I agree that the number 2 was impressive, apparently he is from TNS. Sheridan was very good, and Poole and Moult looked good today too. I have to say....I really cannot understand why Clayton McDonald is still turning out for us. I know Cyrus was not everyone's cup of tea, but at least he resembles a footballer and not a grossly overweight carthorse.

Johnston looked lively, though little in the way of end product. Lynch and Taylor both steady as to be expected...shame that Ben Harrison got a knock and had to come off as he showed promise.

Final thought...these red and white striped nets would look good at our ground, especially with our shiny new fence.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 09:24:41 PM »

I also thought the no2 was impressive, he played right back first half  and left back in the second half. I believe he is a Trialist from TNS.
Moult could boss the midfield in lots of games next season...
I didn't think the No 9 in the second half was impressive, he didnt anticipate the situation and seemed to coast through the game.
Johnson & poole were also good

Initial signs though did seem promising... nice to see them keep the ball on the floor and not humping it forward...

They were coached well from the dugout.

A decent crowd on a barmy Shropshire afternoon.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 10:24:57 PM »

That number 3 didn't stand out for me, but I thought the tall number 2 looked half decent. James Poole looked classy, and in the second half Sam Sheridan practically ran the game single handed. It should be noted that we played most of the second half with 10 men !

I didn't notice we had 10 men,how did that come about?

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 11:02:30 PM »

I didn't notice we had 10 men,how did that come about?

Harrison got injured,  apparently nobody else fancied coming back on !

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 08:59:53 AM »

Once Harrison got injured, maybe PP decided to go with 10 to see how they fared - most of the 2nd half team were triallists and perhaps he wanted to see how they coped. I think it's unlikely that nobody wanted to come back on. I'm not sure what the rules are for returning substitute players in such friendlies either. Still strange though.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »

It was alright, agreed that poole looked the best we have.  Not sure about their goal looked a bit soft.  Thought we lacked an out and out striker
Bernard Taylors barmy army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 09:11:54 AM »

Unbeaten all season
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First thoughts