• View Profile
Miller
« on: July 09, 2017, 04:30:53 PM »

Out till September/October.

It's all my fault.

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Miller
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 04:36:07 PM »

Reading yesterday's interview with PP he seems to confirm what a lot of us thought about the previous physio being more of a hinderance than a help! Hopefully our players will be given proper care from now on!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 06:31:06 PM »

Out till September/October.

That's 10/11 months without us having him available.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »

Great player from the small amount of games I watched him in, but will be another Clee with injuries.  I hope that I am wrong.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 08:27:09 PM »

Great player from the small amount of games I watched him in, but will be another Clee with injuries.  I hope that I am wrong.

I think you may see more of Miller now we've got a decent physio team in place,

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 08:59:48 PM »

Quite obvious from PP's interview on the main site that he feels there was a failure to deal with injuries properly last season. Sean Miller was rushed back into the team after injury, and promptly succumbed to the problem that's kept him out ever since. PP feels it hasn't been dealt with either quickly or professionally enough. Things are going to change for the better on this front I'm sure.

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 11:49:29 PM »

I have read yesterday's comments from PP

I cannot see any explicit blaming of previous medical regimes in there but maybe I've missed summat.

You may well be aware of the amount of pressure medical departments at football clubs are put under by both players and management to okay an important player to return.

You could be equally as aware that "okay he's ready for twenty minutes and no more" often turns into an hour because the player and manager "forget"

Altrinchman

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 12:54:48 AM »

I have read yesterday's comments from PP

I cannot see any explicit blaming of previous medical regimes in there but maybe I've missed summat.

You may well be aware of the amount of pressure medical departments at football clubs are put under by both players and management to okay an important player to return.

You could be equally as aware that "okay he's ready for twenty minutes and no more" often turns into an hour because the player and manager "forget"

You've missed summat.

"This should have been sorted out a long time ago, and if it had been, we would be looking forward to having a very good player in our side for the first game"

The injury and rehab record last year was an embarrassment, glad it won't happen again this year.The new lads know what they are doing.Miller is another casualty of Doughty and the chaps.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 11:47:43 AM »

It's blantently obvious the physio part of the club has played a massive role in long term injuries to Densmore and Clee and the on going Hannigan, Deasey  and Miller.

Let's hope this is now sorted.
Full time and proud of it

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 11:32:59 PM »

Without having been privy to the goings on in the treatment room or Manager's Office how can you be so certain as to the obviousness (blatAnt or otherwise) of the part anyone has played in the length of time injuries have or haven't taken to resolve?

Idle and uninformed speculation such as this merely perpetuates the blame culture some people wish to foster and prevents us from moving on

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 02:40:55 AM »

Without having been privy to the goings on in the treatment room or Manager's Office how can you be so certain as to the obviousness (blatAnt or otherwise) of the part anyone has played in the length of time injuries have or haven't taken to resolve?

Idle and uninformed speculation such as this merely perpetuates the blame culture some people wish to foster and prevents us from moving on

Agreed - we have a proper physio now - so lets move on

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 10:35:40 PM »

Quite obvious from PP's interview on the main site that he feels there was a failure to deal with injuries properly last season. Sean Miller was rushed back into the team after injury, and promptly succumbed to the problem that's kept him out ever since. PP feels it hasn't been dealt with either quickly or professionally enough. Things are going to change for the better on this front I'm sure.

Phil

Sean Miller was indeed recovered and fit to play I believe until an unfortunate incident in training when he landed on someone which knocked him off balance and caused the ankle injury. It is a toyally different injury to the first one

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 07:58:59 AM »

Phil

Sean Miller was indeed recovered and fit to play I believe until an unfortunate incident in training when he landed on someone which knocked him off balance and caused the ankle injury. It is a toyally different injury to the first one

I presume this info has come from someone connected to the ex physio?

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 11:57:38 AM »

Phil

I think there was an interview with Sean conducted by Radio Robins on their Soundcloud that confirmed this. Not 100% sure though.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 12:11:32 PM »

Phil

I think there was an interview with Sean conducted by Radio Robins on their Soundcloud that confirmed this. Not 100% sure though.

Cheers
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Miller