News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's game

Author Topic: Tonight's game  (Read 3193 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Tonight's game
« on: July 11, 2017, 11:47:02 PM »

Ignore the score line it is irrelevant. Enjoyed myself tonight. Thought we played some lovely individual football and love the way we move the ball about. Some stand-out players tonight, in the first half John Johnston, James Poole and a couple who I did not know their names. In the second half the two centre backs, the keeper, Shaun Densmore and a great cross from Billy Hasler-Cregg for the goal. Will not be too long until Shaun is back to his best. Only slight criticism is where are the forwards tonight, we did need someone to put the ball in the net, but there were some creditable attempts. Liked the free kick in the first half and work by JJ on the wing. Nice goal in the second half too.

Thought we played well and the two centre-backs in the second half definitely worth another look, 14 read the game superbly and 18 showed some great skills to take the ball away from the opposition and clear his lines. The keeper did his bit too with some great saves, think he is worth a shout. Felt much better after this game after the players all get chance to gel. The two backs today 2nd half though were my highlight. Definite improvement on last year, much more positive play and will be good side given time. Think maybe PP could do a little more jiggling with the squad, but tonight I just had problems recognising people but didn't we all!! Lot of potential and will be playing a nice game of football once they get used to one another, sooner the better for me. Some of those triallists deserve more game time before PP makes further decisions.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:58:31 PM by Steve from Sale »

Jimmy

Re: Tonight's game
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 07:26:07 AM »

Shaun won't be back to his best players of his quality don't play at this level,I'm afraid he will never be at his best again

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:27:23 AM »

Wait - Billy Hasler-Cregg is still with us?

I haven't been to either of the friendlies so far, but couldn't Poole play up front?  Surely he'd score a shedload of goals at this level

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:01:18 AM »

Wait - Billy Hasler-Cregg is still with us?

I haven't been to either of the friendlies so far, but couldn't Poole play up front?  Surely he'd score a shedload of goals at this level

Hasler-Cregg is on trial again after being released last season. Unless he's improved dramatically he's not good enough.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 11:54:54 AM »

Decent player technically with a good delivery, but too lightweight.

Whether he'd do a job in this league I've no idea.
Full time and proud of it

Man of Moss

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 04:27:03 PM »

First half I thought same old tripe, second half decent, Poole is a class act, Taylor played well and I thought 14 was outstanding, who is he?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 04:43:26 PM »

First half I thought same old tripe, second half decent, Poole is a class act, Taylor played well and I thought 14 was outstanding, who is he?

Defender James Jones,ex TNS

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »

He's the guy from TNS, James Jones. He was impressive also at Whitchurch where he played right back first half, then left back second half. Agreed, he looks very good indeed...from what I've seen he would make a welcome addition...along with the keeper who also played  very well.

I also thought the 18 had a decent showing in defence in the second half. Seems at this early stage that our issues are up front, not seen anyone yet who looks like they could score goals regularly , apart from Poole who looks a class above.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »

I assumed Poole had been signed to play up front to be honest, he's certainly played there before.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 05:45:04 PM »

Everyone is saying it and knows currently we look lightweight up front, PP knows this and hopefully has a plan to overcome why we have not seen any of the strikers yet.

Concerned but not yet worried as time available to put right.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's game