PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Industry magazine article on shares for sale
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Industry magazine article on shares for sale  (Read 6565 times)

Teasierbeaver

Re: Industry magazine article on shares for sale
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 10:37:12 AM »

Im not saying we should go the pitchero way, its a bit soulless, but we really lack in structure on our website. Its fine for those of us who use it frequently but to a newcomer the website is not obvious to navigate, the content is presented quite poorly and the structure is not really laid out too well or in sync with most other websites. It all equates to new visitors ditching it for other sources.

I dont have an issue with the content, just that its structured poorly. As hashtag says, Alty news gets bundled in with everything and it just reads like a blog.

I'm not knocking John Laidlar by the way. Given what he has to work with and the level of support he gets from the club his efforts are great.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 12:56:47 PM »

By reading John Laidlar's award winning official site daily you become quite knowledgeable about all non league matters whilst keeping up to date with Alty matters......I think it's much nicer than many sites I stumble across...that thame one for example gave me a headache and looked very limited depite the glitz....

The only thing I don't like about altrinchamfc.co.uk is having to enter the site then choosing to have news in full or highlights.....I've clicked on the site clearly I want to enter it why give the choice??

I think it's evolved over time and will be difficult to change in a big way format wise, you'd have to start from scratch.....then risk losing a lot of the historical content..

The only thing not on there is a way to purchase club merchandise and tickets etc and pay online.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 01:21:35 PM »

There's not a link to the fans forum is there?

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 01:24:49 PM »

No there isn't......but the chairman might cut off Mr laidlar's internet if there was......there are links to alty tv and tasc so it is clearly a deliberate omission.....

It is an official site after all and shouldn't include anything that goes against the Rowley line.

markecky2

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »

The website does need a redesign to be responsive on all devices and it was in that plan thing  and maybe there could be some different ways of displaying the info.

However I think John (and Dana his wife who does a lot of the research) deserve a bit more respect than "Laidlar out".

They work about 364 days a year bar a weeks holiday and Xmas day. Most days I head over there at 10:30 to hit F5 and see the latest news.

That story was run in full when the initial release was done. Not sure why it would be put on again yesterday just because it (pleasingly) went out again over a much more relevant channel.  Be better it went on again next week when it dies down again.

Not saying they are keen to push it but just think it's unfair to have a pop at John.

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 12:58:32 PM »

I'm not having a pop at John mate, it's clearly been sent from the top that he can't run the story.

Another day gone by and still no news of it, yet we have a feature length story about Steve Butrs hopes for Stalybridge this season.

The whole thing is a shambles, we're not even headlining signings now, just the fact we need more match day volunteers.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 03:10:30 PM »

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a character assassination or get personal. It's actually the painstaking dedication from the Laidlers to provide a constant stream of content for the site that makes it so surprising that a story and public appeal from our own football club was ignored by our own official website.
I've little doubt it would have been reported on our website if it was about a different football club.

That said, at least the football club (and The Sport Business) pushed it out via their social media channels. Which, in the current age, is probably more important anyway.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 05:17:47 PM »

Having spoken recently to a few people locally about a new site, many were shocked and appalled about our current website.

Both from a functionality point of view and design.

How many clicks to find our fixtures?
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Industry magazine article on shares for sale