PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidsgrove 1-4 Altrincham
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kidsgrove 1-4 Altrincham  (Read 7527 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Kidsgrove 1-4 Altrincham
« on: July 15, 2017, 05:20:39 PM »

Four different goal scorers.

I wasn't there but sounds from Twitter we played well and took our chances
It's all my fault.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kidsgrove 1-4 Altrincham
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 05:52:45 PM »

I was there and it was the best performance by an Altrincham team for a long time, which may not be a hard standard to beat, with some very good football played. Triallists (I assume) Amis and Jones both did well again.
As the squad is so large, Phil Parkinson's difficult task will be to work out who to release.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 06:17:37 PM »

I saw the Whitchurch game and listened to todays game. From what I have heard and seen, it seems like we have the makings of a very good team. Phil and Neil seem good leaders and I'm sure they will turn us into a good team with optimistic expectations..

Forget what has gone before on the pitch. These new lads should just be judged on there merit.

I have a good feeling about this setup.

Roll on the Stafford match....

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »

Yeah we're looking good. Kidsgrove were woeful but you can only beat what's in front of you and we passed it around nicely. This time we actually had a bit of incisiveness in the final third as well. Amis looks a little bit ponderous to me but he certainly took his goal well. We were dangerous down the right with Ben Peers playing in front of Densmore. Peers looks a clever player, he put in some interesting through balls that caused a few problems. Sam Sheridan was absolutely class, he can run and win the ball as well as pass. Laurence Taylor played the full ninety and had a good game. Very skillful and linked up well with Sheridan. Honourable mention as well to Ben Harrison who is positionally excellent. He reads the game well and also won pretty much every header.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »

Yeah we're looking good. Kidsgrove were woeful but you can only beat what's in front of you and we passed it around nicely. This time we actually had a bit of incisiveness in the final third as well. Amis looks a little bit ponderous to me but he certainly took his goal well. We were dangerous down the right with Ben Peers playing in front of Densmore. Peers looks a clever player, he put in some interesting through balls that caused a few problems. Sam Sheridan was absolutely class, he can run and win the ball as well as pass. Laurence Taylor played the full ninety and had a good game. Very skillful and linked up well with Sheridan. Honourable mention as well to Ben Harrison who is positionally excellent. He reads the game well and also won pretty much every header.

It's Tom Peers but with so many new players you can be forgiven for that!
How did Tony Thompson do in goal or did he not have much to do?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:34:46 PM by Snork Maiden »

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »

[/quote]

He didn't have much to do, and was beaten only by a penalty. But...his distribution and kicking was very good and he looks the part.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »

He didn't have much to do, and was beaten only by a penalty. But...his distribution and kicking was very good and he looks the part.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 08:46:47 PM »

My thoughts exactly
[/quote]

Cheers,it appears he could be a decent keeper!

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 08:57:32 PM »

Well lets hope so because they can't rely on Deasey

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 09:35:47 PM »

Has it crossed anyone elses' mind that
1) given our average gate is going to plummet this year with the dearth of visiting fans, and
2) we didn't pay megabucks to everyone last year and
3) we only just about broke even ...
what average wage must we be paying this year considering we are likely to have a significantly larger squad?

All I can think of is the Watmore cash (whatever it was) is being used to back an immediate return.

If that is the case, why didn't we use it a couple of years ago to stay in the National - or last year to stay in the North?
Not trying to be ultra provocative here, just wondering what I've missed.

Perhaps it was just that this is the first manager since then that the board has trusted the money to.
But in that case,
1) why did they appoint the previous managers? and
2) why did (especially) Young bring in a load of lower league cheapos?

Any ideas?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 12:14:11 AM »

1) given our average gate is going to plummet this year with the dearth of visiting fans, and
what average wage must we be paying this year considering we are likely to have a significantly larger squad?

All I can think of is the Watmore cash (whatever it was) is being used to back an immediate return.

If that is the case, why didn't we use it a couple of years ago to stay in the National - or last year to stay in the North?

Perhaps it was just that this is the first manager since then that the board has trusted the money to.
But in that case,

Any ideas?
Parkinson has brought in a load of lower league cheapos as you call them - these are largely Evostick standard players - big difference from Conference players, so you get a fair few for even reduced money

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »

But in that case,

Any ideas?
Parkinson has brought in a load of lower league cheapos as you call them - these are largely Evostick standard players - big difference from Conference players, so you get a fair few for even reduced money

Its a good question, because on paper Phil is building one Hell of a squad for this level and I'm already seeing comments like 'if Alty don't win the league by Christmas with their budget.' Didn't GR mention something about dipping in to the cash reserves to get us out at the first attempt? That could answer the question. Further, I'm sure PP mentioned something along the lines of 'if the lads don't play, they don't get paid.' I know there are a dozen or so players on contracts, but if the rest are on non-contract and aren't taking a basic wage then that could be your answer.

Regardless, got to to disagree about PP bringing in lower league players. There's a big difference between NY signing unknown quantities and players from below the level we are at (Cyrus, BHC and, at the time, Lynch), and PP bringing in players who have all proven at least something at this level or higher.

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 09:59:04 AM »

Basically raided all the Salford players who didn't want to turn pro so in theory should be more than good enough however shows what we've become as a club,said that you can't blame Parkinson for that.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 10:30:16 AM »

As regards the 'cheapo' players, I was referring to those brought in in the first half of the conf North season.
For example surely Hattersley or the lad from clitheroe would not have been on the wages that the ex salford and FCUM lads have got - and surely the Nantwich lads who came with him would have expected a pay rise? also the backroom staff?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 10:36:15 AM »

But in that case,

Any ideas?

I believe we were top 8 budget wise last year - which further magnifies the absolute disaster it was. As such, even allowing for the reduced gate money / League sponsorship (which arguably may be off-set by increased revenue from the Community Hall non charitable activities), the playing budget should be one of the highest in the NPL. This coupled with the use of reserves you mention would mean we have to be close to top payers, although Shaw Lane are clearly the dark horse there.  
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidsgrove 1-4 Altrincham