News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well deserved win

Author Topic: Well deserved win  (Read 2664 times)

Hulme Robin

Well deserved win
« on: July 18, 2017, 10:24:37 PM »

Well played Alty. Great win and an excellent run out. Lovely movement on the wings. Very impressed with tonight's performance.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well deserved win
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:42:06 AM »

Not been to a game yet but it's great to get some wins under our belt

Some say results in pre season are irrelevant

That's not true it builds confidence and momentueum
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 08:53:03 AM »

Couldn't make it last night due to working away, but excellent result and from feedback of people that did attend but do not post on here, a very good performance overall. That's two in a few days. lets hope some momentum building here, nice to see competition for places to keep players on there toes and fresh.

markecky2

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »

Couldn't make it last night but followed intently and seems we played some very good stuff indeed. 

Winning isn't important but as Wayne (and the boy Parkinson) says winning breeds confidence and they will have enjoyed that tonight.  Spoke to two decent Chester fans at Whitchurch and they were pleased with the summer signings and really hoping for good things this season.  I believe they played poorly but it didn't sound like they could get hold of the ball and when they did they just launched it.

Some comments from the new devachat Chester forum make nice reading, it's nice to read stuff about us other "how sh*t were they!"

"I get that we aren't giving it full pelt but we have been given a footballing lesson tonight and chased shadows for 90 mins. What concerned me was the amount of aimless punts from our defenders, whereas Alty actually played from the back and shifted it around nicely"

"On the other hand, I thought Altrincham looked a decent outfit. Their formation caused us problems, 352, as our wingers were so narrow when defending so they kept their full backs as wide as they could go and were always an option. James Poole up top for them looked good, he dropped into areas between the defence and midfield and again made himself available for an easy pass. First half especially it looked like they had an extra man and so much time on the ball, which was a combination of Alty having good movement and us not pressing high enough. Thought overall Alty moved the ball very well but lacked something in the final third, otherwise they could have scored 3 or 4 first half."

"I sat in the stand behind the dugouts and the Alty manager was shouting all the right things, "don't have too many touches, "keep the ball moving" etc I didn't once see our management team offer any encouragement or advice"

"We aren't going to play attractive football like Altrincham under McCarthy"

That's from four different posters.  Early days but that will do them a lot of good last night.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 10:31:20 PM »

Couldn't make it last night but followed intently and seems we played some very good stuff indeed. 

Winning isn't important but as Wayne (and the boy Parkinson) says winning breeds confidence and they will have enjoyed that tonight.  Spoke to two decent Chester fans at Whitchurch and they were pleased with the summer signings and really hoping for good things this season.  I believe they played poorly but it didn't sound like they could get hold of the ball and when they did they just launched it.

Some comments from the new devachat Chester forum make nice reading, it's nice to read stuff about us other "how sh*t were they!"

"I get that we aren't giving it full pelt but we have been given a footballing lesson tonight and chased shadows for 90 mins. What concerned me was the amount of aimless punts from our defenders, whereas Alty actually played from the back and shifted it around nicely"

"On the other hand, I thought Altrincham looked a decent outfit. Their formation caused us problems, 352, as our wingers were so narrow when defending so they kept their full backs as wide as they could go and were always an option. James Poole up top for them looked good, he dropped into areas between the defence and midfield and again made himself available for an easy pass. First half especially it looked like they had an extra man and so much time on the ball, which was a combination of Alty having good movement and us not pressing high enough. Thought overall Alty moved the ball very well but lacked something in the final third, otherwise they could have scored 3 or 4 first half."

"I sat in the stand behind the dugouts and the Alty manager was shouting all the right things, "don't have too many touches, "keep the ball moving" etc I didn't once see our management team offer any encouragement or advice"

"We aren't going to play attractive football like Altrincham under McCarthy"

That's from four different posters.  Early days but that will do them a lot of good last night.

Are they from the Deva Chat or Deva Chat 2.0. Madness they;ve started a 2nd forum
It's all my fault.

markecky2

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 12:12:59 AM »

From the new forum, the old forum was run into the ground by admins not letting new people on and individuals spoiling it with abuse.  Was done in January this year I think and is now run by more sensible people, approves new members and has a wider perspective.  I only know this as I had a search about last week when I saw that there was two...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well deserved win