News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad complete..

Author Topic: Squad complete..  (Read 3050 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Squad complete..
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:23:32 PM »

According to PP in his interview after the Chester match. He said they'll be no more coming in and no one going so it looks like we're going with Deasy as our only recognised keeper unless I've missed something about Thompson signing?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Squad complete..
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »

I truely hope Thompson has signed.

The main problem with Deasy is he's too slow to move the ball. Last night the cb's are ready to receive ball but he dithers that long they get closed down and he has to go long, which isn't the game plan
Full time and proud of it

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 08:46:57 PM »

I agree, I too hope Thompson has signed ( I get the impression he has, unfortunately not discussed in his latest interview). I'm delighted that James Jones has signed on, he looks very decent indeed....both at centre half and full back.

Looks like he now has practically 2 players for every position, and nearly all who have played so far have given good accounts of themselves. He's going to have tough decisions to make, particularly when Miller, Hannigan and Richman are available again, but he seems to relish the prospect. At least we are better prepared to cope with inevitable injuries and loss of form....the signs are definitely good.

markecky2

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:54:18 PM »

I think he meant that Thompson was included in that group mate, there is no way he would risk just one keeper. 

The non contract nature of this league will change the way things work I think in that you aren't stuck with duds if things don't work out.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 08:55:43 PM »

Actually....on reading another post it lists the players signed on, and Thompson is included. Happy days

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 09:02:30 PM »

Actually....on reading another post it lists the players signed on, and Thompson is included. Happy days

I missed that,great news! Cheers.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 10:18:08 PM »

What a nice feeling to be going into a new season with hope in our hearts. A squad that isn't riddled with non triers, cover in all positions and a dwindling fan base that was verging on suicidal. We now have a management team who know what is required.. I'm convinced the majority of stay away fans will return once the season gets under way..

All this and a shiny new fence for us to lean on and support our new look team.

Love it....

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 10:30:48 PM »

What a nice feeling to be going into a new season with hope in our hearts. A squad that isn't riddled with non triers, cover in all positions and a dwindling fan base that was verging on suicidal. We now have a management team who know what is required.. I'm convinced the majority of stay away fans will return once the season gets under way..

Love it....

I was under the impression those staying away were doing so for non-footballing reasons...
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 06:50:17 AM »

Love it....

I was under the impression those staying away were doing so for non-footballing reasons...

I expect there will still be folks staying away the that reason. However I also think there were people staying away because of the quality of football

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 06:53:04 AM »

Love it....

I expect there will still be folks staying away the that reason. However I also think there were people staying away because of the quality of football

That's certainly the case for me and a few others too. A bit fickle, I know, but it seemed a bit futile to waste every weekend watching us get anhialted. There's plenty who are staying away because of issues with the board but it's probably a fair split 
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »

I can now start to learn their names  ;D
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad complete..