PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not quite humble pie
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Not quite humble pie  (Read 9188 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Not quite humble pie
« on: July 24, 2017, 10:11:57 PM »

Whilst I still feel that things happened off the pitch last season which were unprofessional and unethical, I have seen enough in the away friendlies to convince me that I simply must return to Moss Lane as of tomorrow night.

The style of football that PP has set up looks exciting....and, after all, what happens ON THE FIELD is the most important factor. I feel I would be deprived of some very worthwhile experiences if I stayed away.

So......I've neither forgiven nor forgotten. But I have moved on.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Not quite humble pie
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:42:16 PM »

Good for you mate, you're they sort we want back and I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 11:52:46 PM »

Good for you mate, you're they sort we want back and I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

What "sort" dont you want back Steve?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:34:23 AM »

We don't want any division at a football club of this size, and it's not the main bulk of the support that have caused any. I cannot believe there is anyone who really finds any justification whatsoever at all for what has gone on in this last 15 months. They might say it, but they won't believe it. We need this club back out of this embarrassing footballing backwater at the very earliest opportunity simple. The club needs a reboot, and that means on all fronts. The process has started, but as I've said before I want the leadership projecting the club in the boardroom and sponsors areas, not working the bar and folding away tables, it's admirable, but it's not the role of the figurehead. No one has said the current chairman should not have a role at the football club, he works harder than most for its benefit, as a supporter. But for me we need none emotional hard nosed leadership, it's the way the game is now, and ultimately ( but not totally) why we've found ourselves playing parks football without a financial meltdown or incredible back story.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 07:25:35 AM »

I stopped going last season as i simply couldn't justify £14 to watch a "team" so bereft of ideas and passion

I was always coming back however

I hope Phil can give this club some pride back which has been stripped bare over the last 18 months by some terrible decisions
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 07:55:41 AM »

Am I the sort you want back Steve from Sale?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 08:39:05 AM »

With all these sort of people coming back, we might need a clicker to count them back in.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:39:28 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »

I am maintaining my quiet protest as I don't want division to upset what I hope will be an exciting season...

I have been to two away friendlies and aim to get to nearly all away games this season

I expect I am not the sort of fan wanted at moss lane....

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 10:05:12 AM »

In the away games I have seen so far, we have played some pretty impressive football and in PP, I believe we have an absolute gem of a manager. I've always expected us to win a league we shouldn't even be in.
But if things remain unchanged behind the scenes, it's not inconceivable that we'll be back to square one the season after.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 10:31:35 AM »

you're they sort we want back

Have to hope that this is just poorly worded. If not, this is the kind of attitude that is going to promote division rather than put a stop to it. We want all Alty fans "back", but if people feel there are issues that need to be resolved before they can come back, that is their prerogative.

For what it's worth, having heard and read a lot about the team since PP took over, I feel cautiously optimistic going into the new season. It is the season that nobody wanted, but I am hoping that we look back in years to come and see 2017/18 as the beginning of a happy chapter in our history.

Here's hoping....
Come on Alty!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 01:50:15 PM »

With all these sort of people coming back, we might need a clicker to count them back in.

top Teasing
Come on you red and white........

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 01:51:46 PM »

Got one season now to sort out things off the pitch before a push at the Conference North, in my opinion we should be good enough to be promoted from this league as we are.

Don't see how without major changes the current set up, or at least last seasons, can lead us into another conference North season.

Hopefully the push for investment proves fruitful

Plenty of good aways this season for us Midlands based fans, starting at Matlock!

markecky2

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »

I am maintaining my quiet protest as I don't want division to upset what I hope will be an exciting season...

I have been to two away friendlies and aim to get to nearly all away games this season

I expect I am not the sort of fan wanted at moss lane....

I'm not doing the in's and outs of it but if this is your quiet protest (and the Radio Robins thread), I'd love to know what you'd be posting if you were telling everyone!

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 02:32:01 PM »

I feel it has to be said....although not in a major way...I'm f***ing gutted at making myself miss out on tonight and what I'm sure will be a season full of memorable games at moss lane...

I honestly don't want to rock the boat .....but the way some fans have been treated deserves a protest....I'm being quiet....but I never said silent.

Would respect your views on affairs at Alty and I'm dammed sure I deserve my views to be respected if not agreed with ecky!

End of the day there is over £200 burning a hole in my pocket because Rowley thinks he is the man for the job.....well I'll support PP the players but not him.....been on the receiving end of what some fans endured last season.....

wouldn't have had to post my views again if you hadn't rattled my cage...  ;D

And as you've often pointed out there's only a handful of fans on here so I'm hardly telling everyone... also sadly there have only been about 10 on the RR chat recently whereas in the conference we were getting over 50....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:45:30 PM by The Thriving Jezza »

markecky2

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »

I feel it has to be said....although not in a major way...I'm f***ing gutted at making myself miss out on tonight and what I'm sure will be a season full of memorable games at moss lane...

I honestly don't want to rock the boat .....but the way some fans have been treated deserves a protest....I'm being quiet....but I never said silent.

Would respect your views on affairs at Alty and I'm dammed sure I deserve my views to be respected if not agreed with ecky!

End of the day there is over £200 burning a hole in my pocket because Rowley thinks he is the man for the job.....well I'll support PP the players but not him.....been on the receiving end of what some fans endured last season.....

wouldn't have had to post my views again if you hadn't rattled my cage...  ;D

Your views are definitely to be respected and that's why I said I wasn't getting into the in and outs of them. 

I was just being light hearted (without the subject being light hearted) about the volume of your protest. 

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not quite humble pie