PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP on holiday!!!????
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: PP on holiday!!!????  (Read 14383 times)

Jezza

PP on holiday!!!????
« on: July 25, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »

Very surprised considering the stick Lee Sinnot took for going on holiday in pre season......how very dare he?  ;D ;D ;D

However now we can concentrate on the major question of PPs reign......

Will he be wearing a suit or a tracksuit in the dugout in the proper season????

Personally I'm happy with the tracksuit as long as he dons a suit and club tie for the post match interviews....

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: PP on holiday!!!????
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 01:14:28 PM »

Sounds like he should be back tonight, his assistant seems to have done a good job at Rhyl

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »

Be more flexible now Alty are at pub level

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »

I am a little uncomfortable with the constant referral to our current league as 'pub' or 'parks' football. It is more than a tad disrespectful to the clubs plying their trade at this level. We are where we deserve to be (how and why we have ended up here is an entirely different matter).

I hated the likes of Stockport fans giving it the big time charlie and looking down their noses on us and I'd like to think we are a bit classier than that. I want out of this league at the first opportunity and I don't think we should have been allowed to slip to this level, but whilst we are here surely we should show some level of respect?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 02:26:21 PM »

I agree....although I found stockport fans a humble lot baffled by their demise yet not really playing the billy big bollox.

And some surprisingly lovely set ups at kidsgrove and rhyl...hardly pub pitches....

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 02:34:10 PM »

I am a little uncomfortable with the constant referral to our current league as 'pub' or 'parks' football. It is more than a tad disrespectful to the clubs plying their trade at this level. We are where we deserve to be (how and why we have ended up here is an entirely different matter).

I hated the likes of Stockport fans giving it the big time charlie and looking down their noses on us and I'd like to think we are a bit classier than that. I want out of this league at the first opportunity and I don't think we should have been allowed to slip to this level, but whilst we are here surely we should show some level of respect?

The bookies favourites for the title have had to move the opening day fixture to the Sunday because people are playing cricket on the pitch on the Saturday. That's parks football mate

markecky2

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »

Most of the teams in this league are established names, playing at decent enough grounds for the level they are at or one above.  It isn't right to pick on the basket case of Shaw Lane as a yardstick.

If this is parks football, what is the league below?

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »

People would call it parks football if we wasn't in it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »

Most of the teams in this league are established names, playing at decent enough grounds for the level they are at or one above.  It isn't right to pick on the basket case of Shaw Lane as a yardstick.

If this is parks football, what is the league below?

It's Stourbridge that play on a cricket pitch (and Matlock and Coalville) shaw lane are playing at an ncel division 2 ground

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 03:08:27 PM »

The bookies favourites for the title have had to move the opening day fixture to the Sunday because people are playing cricket on the pitch on the Saturday. That's parks football mate

With an average attendance of 839 last season, hardly one man and his dog  ::)
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 03:10:08 PM »

I agree....although I found stockport fans a humble lot baffled by their demise yet not really playing the billy big bollox.

On the whole they may well have been, but a significant number of them on the Conference North forum were far from that.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 05:03:46 PM »

Maybe it's the mindset we need tho. We spent far too long looking up at the big boys, calling them out for looking  down on us and being part time and proud. Whilst we were doing that the club took their eye off the ball and we've sunk like a stone because of it.

Make no mistake compared to Bristol Rovers a couple of years ago Mickleover Sports is pub football. Where do we want to belong as a club and fans of a club? Not here please.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 05:06:12 PM »

100% agree....bang on UG.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »

Very surprised considering the stick Lee Sinnot took for going on holiday in pre season......how very dare he?  ;D ;D ;D

However now we can concentrate on the major question of PPs reign......

Will he be wearing a suit or a tracksuit in the dugout in the proper season????

Personally I'm happy with the tracksuit as long as he dons a suit and club tie for the post match interviews....

We are now playing at a level where mid season holidays are probably the norm, so the manager swanning off two weeks before the season starts isn't considered a big deal anymore.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 05:33:31 PM »

Maybe it's the mindset we need tho. We spent far too long looking up at the big boys, calling them out for looking  down on us and being part time and proud. Whilst we were doing that the club took their eye off the ball and we've sunk like a stone because of it.

Make no mistake compared to Bristol Rovers a couple of years ago Mickleover Sports is pub football. Where do we want to belong as a club and fans of a club? Not here please.

Totally agree.

I've never really had a problem with Stockport fans suggesting that the Conf North league is below them as a football club. It is.

Exactly the same with us now, and (as long as we stay professional on-the-pitch) there's no reason for us to be shy about it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP on holiday!!!????