PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP on holiday!!!????
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: PP on holiday!!!????  (Read 14289 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: PP on holiday!!!????
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 05:34:51 PM »

Maybe it's the mindset we need tho. We spent far too long looking up at the big boys, calling them out for looking  down on us and being part time and proud. Whilst we were doing that the club took their eye off the ball and we've sunk like a stone because of it.

Make no mistake compared to Bristol Rovers a couple of years ago Mickleover Sports is pub football. Where do we want to belong as a club and fans of a club? Not here please.

Does this mean that our new slogan is the rather less catchy 'part-time and ashamed'....?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:37:23 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 05:53:54 PM »

Maybe it's the mindset we need tho. We spent far too long looking up at the big boys, calling them out for looking  down on us and being part time and proud. Whilst we were doing that the club took their eye off the ball and we've sunk like a stone because of it.

Make no mistake compared to Bristol Rovers a couple of years ago Mickleover Sports is pub football. Where do we want to belong as a club and fans of a club? Not here please.

Does this mean that our new slogan is the rather less catchy 'part-time and ashamed'....?

I don't want things to get daft here. There's hundreds of part time clubs, not what makes us proud of Alty fc.

We've been overshadowed by Fylde, it's time to wake up.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 06:06:48 PM »

Maybe it's the mindset we need tho. We spent far too long looking up at the big boys, calling them out for looking  down on us and being part time and proud. Whilst we were doing that the club took their eye off the ball and we've sunk like a stone because of it.

I don't want things to get daft here. There's hundreds of part time clubs, not what makes us proud of Alty fc.

I actually agreed with your initial post.

Mind you, I don't think that citing moneybags Fylde was the best example that you could have selected.

The fact that we've been overshadowed by Curzon Ashton says it all.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 06:24:31 PM »

The only people not discribing the league as pub/park football are people not accepting the mess Rowley has put us in.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »

The only people not discribing the league as pub/park football are people not accepting the mess Rowley has put us in.

Wrong on every count for me. As I said, we should never have been in a situation that saw us slip to this level, but we are.....and I still don't see the need to call it pub/park football.....I don't want to be at this level anymore than anyone else. I don't think Conf National is pub league and yet you'll find plenty of fans of premiership clubs who regard it as such...does that make it right?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 07:43:40 PM »

I actually agreed with your initial post.

Mind you, I don't think that citing moneybags Fylde was the best example that you could have selected.

The fact that we've been overshadowed by Curzon Ashton says it all.

The point is that Fylde found money and we have let things pass by.

The fact we languish below Curzon as you quite rightly point out is very telling. We cruised into a thunder storm. This ship needs a new captain not just a new heading.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 07:44:43 PM »

I fully accept the mess Rowley has got us in but we're still along way off pub/park football. The Evostick Premier league is still semi professional football of a standard where players still get paid more than expenses. That doesn't mean to say I want to be at this level more than one season!

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 08:08:03 PM »

At a guess some clubs at this level will be just paid expenses but then again I haven't watched a league game at this level but if Rowley goes I will watch plenty

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 08:49:06 PM »

At a guess some clubs at this level will be just paid expenses but then again I haven't watched a league game at this level but if Rowley goes I will watch plenty

I am supremely confident no clubs in The Evostick Premier only pay players expenses.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 10:31:34 PM »

I agree....although I found stockport fans a humble lot baffled by their demise yet not really playing the billy big bollox.

And some surprisingly lovely set ups at kidsgrove and rhyl...hardly pub pitches....

When I worked in Stockport twenty years ago the County fans there took a very billy big bollocks attitude to my supporting Altrincham. I only drew any grudging respect because I watched them home and away and had a season ticket.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 12:11:51 AM »

I agree....although I found stockport fans a humble lot baffled by their demise yet not really playing the billy big bollox.

And some surprisingly lovely set ups at kidsgrove and rhyl...hardly pub pitches....

When I worked in Stockport twenty years ago the County fans there took a very billy big bollocks attitude to my supporting Altrincham. I only drew any grudging respect because I watched them home and away and had a season ticket.

I work  in Stockport  now, where my boss is a Hereford supporter, but get nothing like that. Maybe I work with more decent people, or maybe those seasons where County were actually below us have had an effect.

I just cringe at this Billy Big Bollocks attitude, as you put it so well, based on supposed past glories from either ourselves or others.

GB Alty

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 02:55:26 AM »

Very surprised considering the stick Lee Sinnot took for going on holiday in pre season......how very dare he?  ;D ;D ;D

Maybe some people just can't be arsed anymore?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »

I work  in Stockport  now, where my boss is a Hereford supporter, but get nothing like that. Maybe I work with more decent people, or maybe those seasons where County were actually below us have had an effect.

I just cringe at this Billy Big Bollocks attitude, as you put it so well, based on supposed past glories from either ourselves or others.

County were a third division/League one team in those days. Altrincham were in the Unibond.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 08:59:22 AM »

This league will not be a walkover by any means.  We will have to build momentum and be consistently good to win it.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 10:08:03 AM »

Most people in Stockport are the same as those in Altrincham who can't see past United and City.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP on holiday!!!????