PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP on holiday!!!????
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: PP on holiday!!!????  (Read 14384 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: PP on holiday!!!????
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »

The only people not discribing the league as pub/park football are people not accepting the mess Rowley has put us in.

Two completely separate things.....zero overlap. This league is not pub/park football, neither is the one below it, or the two below that.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2017, 06:38:04 PM »

The only people not discribing the league as pub/park football are people not accepting the mess Rowley has put us in.

Two completely separate things.....zero overlap. This league is not pub/park football, neither is the one below it, or the two below that.

You must be joking Brian. Most lads in NWCL play Sundays as well.

It's about time this club had a bit of bite.

markecky2

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »

No-one plays on a park or for a team affiliated with a pub at this level.  So it isn't pub/parks football.  I'm not sure how that can be argued to be honest?

Doesn't mean it isn't a horrible level to be at or something anyone with an ounce of civic pride should be happy with.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2017, 07:11:38 PM »

You must be joking Brian. Most lads in NWCL play Sundays as well.

It's about time this club had a bit of bite.

Based on the NWCL games & teams that I have seen, there is a big difference between that league & Sunday/park/pub football.......a big difference.

Some NWCL play on Sundays, not most.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:13:25 PM by Brian Flynn »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2017, 08:56:43 PM »

There are two sides to this, aren't there? The question of facilities and that of standards.

On facilities, it is just silly to say that clubs at our level play on parks or at the back of a pub or somewhere. As Brian said, it's only when you get to four divisions below  in the  Manchester or Cheshire League that you start to get clubs who may play on a railed off pitch in a public recreation area, or at a college, but even there plenty of clubs have private enclosed grounds.

On playing standards , "Sunday League" covers a massive range. Some leading clubs pay their players, I believe,  although I am not sure quite how "official" that is.  Also, didn't John King spot Mark Maddox playing for A3 in the Liverpool Business Houses Sunday League (I think I have got the club and league right)? Should we have refused him with a patronising sniff of "Sunday League"?

GB Alty

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2017, 03:56:02 AM »

No-one plays on a park or for a team affiliated with a pub at this level.  So it isn't pub/parks football.  I'm not sure how that can be argued to be honest?

Doesn't mean it isn't a horrible level to be at or something anyone with an ounce of civic pride should be happy with.
Suprising considering how many people on this forum are excited by the prospect of next season and have openly said so

For me it's an abomination

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2017, 05:33:18 AM »

Suprising considering how many people on this forum are excited by the prospect of next season and have openly said so

For me it's an abomination
The two are not mutually exclusive.
You can be dissappointed with how we have sunk so low whilst at the same time looking forward to the opportunity of escaping this league. Especially when it seems that we have a squad which might be capable of realising those dreams.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2017, 08:40:33 AM »

IF we go up this year, the season would have been enjoyable compared to the misery of the last two. So yes, I can understand why people are looking forward to the prospect of it.

GB Alty

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2017, 09:53:38 AM »

IF we go up this year, the season would have been enjoyable compared to the misery of the last two. So yes, I can understand why people are looking forward to the prospect of it.
There is nothing enjoyable about seeing the club languish in the evostick league, even if we were to win every game. Its an embarrassment

I guess its all about how you view the club? Small time views like yours are part of the reason we got into this mess in the first place. No doubt your pro Rowley and think we've been punching above our weight for years as well

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »

...Small time views like yours are part of the reason we got into this mess in the first place.....

Now there's an interesting conclusion to debate. .......

er, no, not really worth wasting time on.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2017, 11:03:07 AM »

There is nothing enjoyable about seeing the club languish in the evostick league, even if we were to win every game. Its an embarrassment

I guess its all about how you view the club? Small time views like yours are part of the reason we got into this mess in the first place. No doubt your pro Rowley and think we've been punching above our weight for years as well

Yet again you've missed the point. You make a habit of it.

The fact of our lowly status can't be ignored, but it's the prospect of NOT languishing at that level, and then continuing to progress, which encourages the more sane among us. I actually feel optimistic, and that's rare for me !

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2017, 11:25:48 AM »

It's called having a glass half full mentality, which we're more than entitled to have.

You never know, dropping to this level MIGHT be the reality call we needed - it certainly did the likes of Man City, Southampton and Leicester no harm (albeit at a different level of course).

And no, I'm not 'Pro-Rowley' I think he was out of his depth when his first crisis arrived. If we could change the leadership and have him looking after the community side, that's the best solution for all parties.

markecky2

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 11:31:55 AM »

You can't tell people what they find enjoyable though surely?  You can only comment on what you would find enjoyable and you've made that clear.

No one should be derided for enjoying their football team winning though, I really hope we don't have a season of that on here.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2017, 12:30:01 PM »

Yet again you've missed the point. You make a habit of it.

The fact of our lowly status can't be ignored, but it's the prospect of NOT languishing at that level, and then continuing to progress, which encourages the more sane among us. I actually feel optimistic, and that's rare for me !

I wouldn't bother feeding the misery troll. A living contradiction, not happy unless feeling the misery. Wallow....wallow.....wallow
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2017, 12:47:34 PM »

"The misery troll" Love it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP on holiday!!!????