News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The hidden car park

Author Topic: The hidden car park  (Read 5736 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The hidden car park
« on: July 30, 2017, 08:54:27 AM »

How about a big sign on the corner of the fencing at the golf road/moss lane junction saying CAR PARK with an arrow? The swathes of people frantically looking to park for whatever event on at the ground this morning is crackers. Up on grass verges and all sorts when the car park is empty.Great for the club, not sure the neighbours will be delighted at it being busier than a match day at this time on a Sunday morning 

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The hidden car park
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 01:30:47 PM »

I always use the office car park on Moss Lane when parking at Alty, however the signs are not kept in prominent positions now, like on the pavement at the entrance, making me doubt we can still use it.

For one or two of our friendlies I used my old spaces on Acacia Ave rather than risk having my car locked up overnight, and me not being able to retrieve it afterwards. The sign is now halfway down the entrance road away from view, so how do we know if we can still use it? Not sure if it is still contracted this season, could do with the club saying something about it as I am trying to relieve the nuisance factor by parking there but have been a little hesitant. It is a very useful car-park being close to the ground and taking pressure off the neighbourhood

Can we still use it, not sure if we to be used this morning though but we could do with the club letting us know about this??
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:38:59 PM by Steve from Sale »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:06:30 PM »

I'm talking about the car park down golf road behind the north terrace. It doesn't bother me about road parking I don't live there. But if the council get the arse and start making all the side roads resident permit parking only as they have further up Stamford park road and moss lane then it will cause problems going forward. I sound like a busy C**t, but if it's something that can be solved simply it should be explored.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 02:11:08 PM »

Both car parks need adequate sign posting if still in use

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »

I'm talking about the car park down golf road behind the north terrace. It doesn't bother me about road parking I don't live there. But if the council get the arse and start making all the side roads resident permit parking only as they have further up Stamford park road and moss lane then it will cause problems going forward. I sound like a busy C**t, but if it's something that can be solved simply it should be explored.

You make an excellent and salient point.

I'm afraid that the car parking situation in the vicinity of the ground since the arrival of the CSH is becoming more and more of an issue locally and the natives are getting restless.

Prior to the construction of the CSH, local residents were invited to attend an open day at the club, during which we were assured both by CSH officials and AFC Directors that club personnel and customers of the CSH would be directed to use the renovated official car park at the rear of the Popular Side and that any persistent offenders parking outside the CSH on Moss Lane would be strongly advised to use the official car park provided instead.

In short, we were lied to.

Now day after day we witness an array of cars parked outside the CSH and the main stand along Moss Lane, several of which belong to Altrincham FC directors (and/or members of their family), club staff and Altrincham FC Community Sports Limited officers.  

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 09:23:36 PM »

top of Acacia Avenue every time for me. 3 mins was from ground and easy access onto Hale Rd after the game. Plus, being an Iron Maiden fan, Acacia Avenue will always have a special place in my heart - especially no 22 :)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 12:55:11 AM »

top of Acacia Avenue every time for me. 3 mins was from ground and easy access onto Hale Rd after the game. Plus, being an Iron Maiden fan, Acacia Avenue will always have a special place in my heart - especially no 22 :)
Once you turn left onto Hale Road, you can easily Run to the Hills.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 11:05:52 PM »

This is a good idea.  I have spoken we Neil Faulkener and we will do this.  Thank you

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 02:12:35 AM »

This is a good idea.  I have spoken we Neil Faulkener and we will do this.  Thank you
Where do you park?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 06:44:11 AM »

This is a good idea.  I have spoken we Neil Faulkener and we will do this.  Thank you
Where do you park?

What does that matter? The point here is the request has been taken on board and will be actioned. You don't even drive and don't live near the ground so it won't affect you anyway!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:52:21 AM by Snork Maiden »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 06:48:10 AM »

Excellent ... a good quick, pro-active response.
We like....

GB Alty

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 07:53:10 AM »

This is a good idea.  I have spoken we Neil Faulkener and we will do this.  Thank you
Where do you park?

What does that matter? The point here is the request has been taken on board and will be actioned. You don't even drive and don't live near the ground so it won't affect you anyway!
I think directors should lead by example, they are representatives of the club in the community. From reading Cults early post it appears this hasnt been happening to date, which is really sad and should be a concern to us all drivers or not, living near the ground or not. It's a question of integrity

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 10:05:11 AM »

I always park on Murieston Road or if late at the top of Acacia Avenue and walk.  The only time I have ever parked on Moss Lane was when my mum parked across the front of the coach going to Weymouth for the 76-77 Trophy Quarter Final to avoid it driving off as we were late!

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 10:59:30 AM »

The Aecom car park is a superb facility - I always use it, but did get my car locked in there on Tuesday night as I didnt leave the club until 11pm - luckily the person with the key (from Alty) saw me and let me out.

Most match days the Aecom car park is about full by kickoff, which must be a good 50 odd cars in there that arent parked on the streets.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 11:06:05 AM »

I'm the same and always find it satisfying to park outside number 22 Acacia Avenue. Wonder if Charlotte the Harlot still lives there :).
Once you turn left onto Hale Road, you can easily Run to the Hills.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The hidden car park