PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dave Johnson RIP
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dave Johnson RIP  (Read 8648 times)

altyazz

Re: Dave Johnson RIP
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 12:24:00 AM »

I am very sorry for your loss. You can see how highly thought of he was, which I hope is some comfort, at least. RIP, Dave.
it's amazing to read these messages show that he was such a lovely gent

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 12:03:28 PM »

Very sorry to hear this very sad news. Dave was such a lovely person, who genuinely cared about people.

A humble gentleman, who was the perfect character to welcome everyone entering the ground through the main entrance on a matchday/night.

He took great pride in being a part of Altrincham Football Club & the success of the Annual Pensioners' Christmas Lunch was mainly due to Dave...one of his many contributions that made a difference.

May your soul rest in peace, Dave & deepest condolences to your family.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 09:33:20 PM »

Such a sad loss. Dave was always so helpful and friendly.

sweetfa

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 11:11:31 AM »

I sent a text to Duncan to tell him about this sad news and this was his immediate reply "He was a lovely man. Always enjoyed seeing him every time I played and always had a great chat with him before games and after. How sad. Please send my condolences to the family".

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 03:49:06 PM »

Just got back from a couple of days away for my son's wedding to hear the dreadful news that Dave has passed away. I'd just like to echo the sentiments expressed by so many others and pass on my condolences to his family. As Brian Flynn so rightly says, Dave was absolutely perfect as the face of Altrincham FC, opening the door to visitors and Alty people alike in a warm but always thoroughly professional manner. I just enjoyed being in his company and chatting to him, basically. He was a proper football person, old school maybe, but, in a way, that made him all the more engaging whenever he found time for a natter, which basically he did every single time you met him. A great bloke and a credit to the club, he will be sorely missed.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 06:56:30 PM »

The Funeral of Dave Johnson will be held at Altrincham Football Club Service at 1:30 at the club then on to Hale cemetery for a burial and then back to the Club to celebrate his life All are welcome on Thursday 17th August.

What a place to have your service a place where you loved Respect to all involved.
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dave Johnson RIP