PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford Rangers Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Stafford Rangers Match Thread  (Read 57047 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stafford Rangers Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2017, 02:10:27 PM »

Even Rocky Robin looked a disgrace today no shirt or shorts on he had gone commando...
Don't even no who was init as i was stood talking to the person who normally does it

Never been a larger case of bigger fish to fry but are you saying that someone walked round the ground yesterday in the suit with no shirt or shorts on it? 

We know it doesn't really look like a robin but at least with an Alty kit on it's kind of an Alty footballing mascot.

I've always enjoyed the gag about why does Bungle off Rainbow walk around the house naked all day and then put pyjama bottoms on for bed.  This takes it to a new level.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

If you go on my Twitter account @AltyDaz i posted a picture yesterday maybe one of you clever computer nerds can post it on here  ;D
@AltyDaz

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2017, 02:11:53 PM »

It's all my fault.

markecky2

« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »

Thanks, I feel slightly more comfortable now, if not any less depressed.

See you at Nantwich, I bet Parky is made up that is the next game.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2017, 06:46:04 PM »

WOW! What a weekend we have had here at the club. We've exceeded our previous numbers in the past and proved how varied Altrincham Football Club and Community Sports Hall can be.

By the time we close today, we will have been officially open for 58 hours, since 6am on Friday morning. During this time, we have seen around 1500 people come through our doors. To give you an idea of attendance figures, that's roughly:

Fitness classes 20+
Alty Mini Kickers 60+
Holiday Club 20+
Dance Event 380+
Home Match 800+
Mock Exams 110+
Corporate Event 50+
Private Party 50+

A massive well done to the team of staff and volunteers here behind the scenes and we are grateful to all the customers and fans for their continued support. #loyALTY

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2017, 06:50:16 PM »

WOW! What a weekend we have had here at the club. We've exceeded our previous numbers in the past and proved how varied Altrincham Football Club and Community Sports Hall can be.

By the time we close today, we will have been officially open for 58 hours, since 6am on Friday morning. During this time, we have seen around 1500 people come through our doors. To give you an idea of attendance figures, that's roughly:

Fitness classes 20+
Alty Mini Kickers 60+
Holiday Club 20+
Dance Event 380+
Home Match 800+
Mock Exams 110+
Corporate Event 50+
Private Party 50+

A massive well done to the team of staff and volunteers here behind the scenes and we are grateful to all the customers and fans for their continued support. #loyALTY
Getting beat 3 nil at home and the reserves losing 6 nil we need more amazing weekends like this.
They really should be beating teams like us

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2017, 07:15:32 PM »

PP thinks we dominated for an hour. He must be working at 15 seconds to the minute.

Yeah 2-00-3-00 pm

If wer'e sh*te say so don't bullsh*t  the fans with other sh*tty stats. The only stat that EVER matters is the goals for and goals against stat

We need to be at them from the off on Tuesday night

Get another penalty taker

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »

Fitness classes 20+
Alty Mini Kickers 60+
Holiday Club 20+
Dance Event 380+
Home Match 800+
Mock Exams 110+
Corporate Event 50+
Private Party 50+

That just shows how little the football team matters.

markecky2

« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2017, 07:37:37 PM »

Fitness classes 20+
Alty Mini Kickers 60+
Holiday Club 20+
Dance Event 380+
Home Match 800+
Mock Exams 110+
Corporate Event 50+
Private Party 50+

That just shows how little the football team matters.

If the community sports hall twitter rather than the clubs though to make it clear.

90% of it is great but you just woudn't put that out, especially after the worst footballing day (forget on the pitch) there has ever been in there.

It's a total lack of perception but what's new?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:03 PM »

What makes it worse is that one of our fans got blocked by that Twitter account for daring to question the view that it was an "amazing weekend".

Come on Alty!

Long in the tooth

« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2017, 09:58:52 AM »

Stafford fan in peace !

Reading your forum it  seems you have a number of gripes following the game on Saturday as an outsider to your pain but a fan who went through similar ( or worse as we then got relegated out of this league) I thought Id share some thoughts now the dust is settling.

First you didn't play badly and  restricted us to just a handful of chances which we amazingly took , that wont happen that frequently in this league and most defences in this league are not as mean as ours. Our Manager likes to build from premise of not conceding  which frankly can lead to some pretty dire games. develop a cutting edge and you will be near the top Parky is a good manager at this level and will have you firing soon if you give him your support - if you don't you will regret it the league below is much worse !

Secondly some of you are talking about segregation following the fact a number of our fans had too much to drink; understandable but I am sure there would be cost implications and money is going to be tight as Saturdays crowd will end up being one of your highest of the year. Rather than bringing in needless segregation for every match you need to review selling drink through the game and allowing it on the terraces something I hadn't witnessed for years. Also it wasn't drinking on the coach it was fact many fans had picked this game for a pub crawl and came up by train and really shouldn't have been allowed in the ground or served in your club.

Try and enjoy your season there are some lovely grounds to visit and most of the away fans you'll meet will be friendly and helpful don't let a handful of drunken idiots blinker your thoughts and don't despair if Nantwich beat you tomorrow I know a Number of people there really want to put one over on Parky . its a long season

Look forward to seeing some of you at Marston Road later in season -

Jezza

« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2017, 02:23:01 PM »

Thanks Stafford fan.....we are sinking faster than the titanic.....our once professional image being sabotaged by a chairman who I swear wants to bring back the grass bank terracing......

Altygethernow

« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2017, 08:53:52 PM »

This was my first ever Alty match and I think the comments on here are a pretty good reflection of my own experience as a newcomer. I was a bit mixed in my opinion about no segregation - first heard about it when I arrived at the ground and I thought it could be a positive thing, but after hearing some of the abuse as fans moved around the ground, and about the incident(s) in the bar, it doesn't seem the way to go for when there are larger groups of away fans. Maybe too early to comment on that, and you always expect one or two idiots shouting rubbish, but I wouldn't be comfortable bringing family and kids to that kind of environment if it was a regular thing. From the comments though it was a very unusual situation and I could see some other fans weren't comfortable with it either, so I'm not expecting to see that again. The other fans and staff I met were great and it seems a brilliant club with a good feel to it, so hopefully the club find a way that works for everyone. I'll deffo be a regular now so hasn't put me off.

As for the team, I'm likely more optimistic about the coming season than most as I haven't had to suffer the past couple of seasons. Take the following with a massive pinch of salt considering I knew bugger all about the team before I showed up (and likely still do):

GK - Honestly don't see what Deasy could've done to stop those goals and thought he was the victim of poor collective defending. Thompson did look sharper in warm up but that's hardly a basis for judgement so I'll hold fire on this front, though I realise most are crying out for a better keeper. Communication across the back generally is likely the main thing to work on for the quickest gains if they can't get anyone better in.
FB - Densmore/Short - Both looked solid and put in a proper shift, but not a lot of overlap with the wingers which left us a bit one-dimensional. Easily good enough for this level though. There's Disney to come in yet as well so should have decent options here, though would be useful to have another option at LB.
CB - Not a lot to judge on as they had very few attacks to deal with. Hannigan seemed the more assured of the two. Harrison looks a bit uncertain when on the backfoot and much happier bringing the ball out - felt like him and Moulty were better suited to each other's positions during that match. No idea how good Lynch is but a stronger presence at the back is much needed.
CM - I think with the lack of options here the obvious choice seems to be Richman and Taylor as a 2-man midfield (as others have suggested too), rather than Moult in behind 2 others. Sheridan was well off the pace and didn't seem fit to play tbh. Richman looked easily the best of the bunch and Taylor also looked sharp when he came on. Moult looked excellent in the air but otherwise wasteful with his passing and off the pace - not suited to CM on that performance. Would like to see him at CB if he plays.
Wings - JJ and Hancock both look a very useful threat but no use if they are given no options in the centre to pass to. Also seemed to be instructed to stay wide and not cut in, which didn't help as they were always isolated. They could play a big role this season once the team settles and works with them. Too early to judge Harrop for me.
FW - We have quite a few options so would play 2 of Miller, Poole and Amis, providing at least 2 of them are fit. Too early to judge Hulme as I suspect he wasn't fully fit either, though Peers looked an upgrade.

Cause for optimism anyway (for me at least!) and despite the result, and the bother, I'm glad I turned up on Saturday.

markecky2

« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2017, 08:58:51 PM »

This was my first ever Alty match and I think the comments on here are a pretty good reflection of my own experience as a newcomer. I was a bit mixed in my opinion about no segregation - first heard about it when I arrived at the ground and I thought it could be a positive thing, but after hearing some of the abuse as fans moved around the ground, and about the incident(s) in the bar, it doesn't seem the way to go for when there are larger groups of away fans. Maybe too early to comment on that, and you always expect one or two idiots shouting rubbish, but I wouldn't be comfortable bringing family and kids to that kind of environment if it was a regular thing. From the comments though it was a very unusual situation and I could see some other fans weren't comfortable with it either, so I'm not expecting to see that again. The other fans and staff I met were great and it seems a brilliant club with a good feel to it, so hopefully the club find a way that works for everyone. I'll deffo be a regular now so hasn't put me off.

As for the team, I'm likely more optimistic about the coming season than most as I haven't had to suffer the past couple of seasons. Take the following with a massive pinch of salt considering I knew bugger all about the team before I showed up (and likely still do):

GK - Honestly don't see what Deasy could've done to stop those goals and thought he was the victim of poor collective defending. Thompson did look sharper in warm up but that's hardly a basis for judgement so I'll hold fire on this front, though I realise most are crying out for a better keeper. Communication across the back generally is likely the main thing to work on for the quickest gains if they can't get anyone better in.
FB - Densmore/Short - Both looked solid and put in a proper shift, but not a lot of overlap with the wingers which left us a bit one-dimensional. Easily good enough for this level though. There's Disney to come in yet as well so should have decent options here, though would be useful to have another option at LB.
CB - Not a lot to judge on as they had very few attacks to deal with. Hannigan seemed the more assured of the two. Harrison looks a bit uncertain when on the backfoot and much happier bringing the ball out - felt like him and Moulty were better suited to each other's positions during that match. No idea how good Lynch is but a stronger presence at the back is much needed.
CM - I think with the lack of options here the obvious choice seems to be Richman and Taylor as a 2-man midfield (as others have suggested too), rather than Moult in behind 2 others. Sheridan was well off the pace and didn't seem fit to play tbh. Richman looked easily the best of the bunch and Taylor also looked sharp when he came on. Moult looked excellent in the air but otherwise wasteful with his passing and off the pace - not suited to CM on that performance. Would like to see him at CB if he plays.
Wings - JJ and Hancock both look a very useful threat but no use if they are given no options in the centre to pass to. Also seemed to be instructed to stay wide and not cut in, which didn't help as they were always isolated. They could play a big role this season once the team settles and works with them. Too early to judge Harrop for me.
FW - We have quite a few options so would play 2 of Miller, Poole and Amis, providing at least 2 of them are fit. Too early to judge Hulme as I suspect he wasn't fully fit either, though Peers looked an upgrade.

Cause for optimism anyway (for me at least!) and despite the result, and the bother, I'm glad I turned up on Saturday.

Some very good points in there and welcome to the forum.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »

Some very good points in there and welcome to the forum.
I would second this

The point on the family peice is interesting .we pride ourselves on being a community club. It's safe to say I'm glad I didn't bring my 9 year old daughter Saturday . It was not an acceptable environment
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford Rangers Match Thread