PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jerome Wright
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jerome Wright  (Read 11325 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Jerome Wright
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 08:34:42 AM »

He scored for ramsbottom again last night. But still not even a place on the bench for tolani omotola, is he carrying a knock?
If he isn't we should get him back rapid. Can't be worse than Hulme surely !

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 10:31:27 AM »

He scored for ramsbottom again last night. But still not even a place on the bench for tolani omotola, is he carrying a knock?
If he isn't we should get him back rapid. Can't be worse than Hulme surely !

I think we're stuck with Hancock and Hulme. After listening  to PP's post match interview it's quite apparent he sees something no one else does and thinks they're both quality. Letting Wright go on the eve of the season appears to be a massive error.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 11:55:45 AM »

Swallow your pride Phill.

He scored another beauty last night. Our missing link.
It's all my fault.

markecky2

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »

Jordan Hulme is going to be a great player for us when he settles in.  I've watched a fair few Salford videos from last year when we started signing a lot of their players, he is a good player.  We just haven't seen it yet.

As for Phil swallowing his pride, I doubt Wright would want to come back, probably not on much less money there, maybe been told he will play every week, no hassle, no pressure, happy days.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 09:46:21 AM »

Goal and assist again yesterday. Omotola started, too.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »

Goal and assist again yesterday. Omotola started, too.

... Which, considering he is now Cup-tied, implies there's no immediate prospect of Omotola coming back to try to resolve the striker problem.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 11:18:53 AM »

Josh Hancock came to us with a very good reputation at this level  as a left sided striker. I've seen nothing from the lad whatsoever. I'm not saying that he's suddenly become a bad player, it's just that either the system we are playing or the personnel around him are not suiting his game.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:21:28 AM by Evostik Shame »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »

Josh Hancock came to us with a very good reputation at this level  as a left sided striker. I've seen nothing from the lad whatsoever. I'm not saying that he's suddenly become a bad player, it's just that either the system we are playing or the personnel around him are not suiting his game.

Josh Hancock has been totally anonymous so far this season.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 04:36:50 PM »

I completely agree, but what I don't understand is why. He's a young lad and obviously has talent and more importantly has done it before at this level. Yet, he's hardly had a touch in any game. I'm not sure whether our failure to score goals is due to poor options at number 9 or wingers underperforming. On paper, Hulme, Hancock and Johnston works, but it clearly isn't.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »

If you add Poole into the mix we SHOULD be creating chances for fun but it's just not happening!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »

Only seen the Stafford game and I thought Hancock and Short were our best players that day, along with Richman. However Jerome Wright's record at this level speaks for itself. He would have been more influential in games but he has stuck with his former Nantwich man. As for Hulme, I didn't know much about him and his reputation / videos would suggest a different player than we are seeing. There is added pressure playing for Alty because of expectations. Peers isn't going to get us 30 goals but until we get a proven striker, like Walshaw then he would be my number 9 choice. Miller is the man we need, but will he stay fit? I am glad Jones is back and I think he needs to start. Priority is a striker and keeper. We were so lucky to have had Coburn for all those years, a decent keeper earns you a lot of points but very hard to come by.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 08:37:43 PM »

apparently Parkinson wanted to play Jerome Wright in a position that he didn't want to play in, so he jumped

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 08:39:47 AM »

Jordan Hulme is going to be a great player for us when he settles in.  I've watched a fair few Salford videos from last year when we started signing a lot of their players, he is a good player.  We just haven't seen it yet.

As for Phil swallowing his pride, I doubt Wright would want to come back, probably not on much less money there, maybe been told he will play every week, no hassle, no pressure, happy days.

How long does he need to "settle in"? He's had pre-season and three league games now
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jerome Wright