PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Nantwich Match Thread  (Read 21332 times)

markecky2

Re: Nantwich Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »

how does a poor midfield affect you leaving a striker unmarked for a free header on goal two weeks running??????

Taylor was an absolute star in pre season...we were sh*te at Bradford till he came on....he must have felt like damian felt last year watching from the bench as moult richman and Sheridan get outnumbered and outrun by Stafford.....

I'm wondering if we've been taken in and a little boy will suddenly point out the emperor is naked......signs were there when we heard he wanted a  look at mwsaille......

Even by Alty standards one competitive game is probably a bit early for the last paragraph. We are a bit better than that surely.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 02:05:00 PM »

I think what I am trying to say, is that a lot of pressure was put on the two centre backs owing to the lack of protection offered by Moult and Sheridan. You make a good point about the marking though. I honestly believe that the defence is okay and that things will improve dramatically with Taylor and Poole in the team. I'm completely bewildered by Taylor's omission on Saturday and I don't believe PP will do it again. I'll cry if Sheridan plays and is allowed to take corners. I thought we had statistician on the board now. Surely he'll have made a note of how many times Sheridan found the head of the first Stafford man from every set piece.

Chrissy A

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »

how does a poor midfield affect you leaving a striker unmarked for a free header on goal two weeks running??????

Taylor was an absolute star in pre season...we were sh*te at Bradford till he came on....he must have felt like damian felt last year watching from the bench as moult richman and Sheridan get outnumbered and outrun by Stafford.....

I'm wondering if we've been taken in and a little boy will suddenly point out the emperor is naked......signs were there when we heard he wanted a  look at mwsaille......

Pretty sure both headers you are referring to have been scored by opposition midfielders, but agree that Taylor is a must starter moving forward.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »

Are you Taylor's agent? He was good in pre season but an absolute star? As I said at the time,we brought several subs on at BPA that changed the game. Putting Taylor in the side will not suddenly make us a different team.

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 03:20:19 PM »

We'd stop giving the ball to the opposition with a clear run to goal.......and obviously I'm not his agent ffs lets debate sensibly....

The standouts in pre season were poole, taylor and to a lesser extent jj (and it was clear he is going to be a very frustrating player, exciting and brilliant one minute and utter crap the next).....short identified as a decent left back as well....and Jerome looked quality...

Altygethernow

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 09:54:45 PM »

I'm new to the club but I can't see any reasoning at all to keeping Sheridan in the side after Saturday. And if Moult must play then perhaps alongside Harrison at CB, but i'm not completely convinced. That said, it might be the time to switch things up a bit so no-one rests on their laurels early on. Would like to see:

---------------------- Thompson
Densmore --- Harrison --- Moult --- Short
Johnjohn ---- Richman --- Taylor -- Hancock
------------------ Poole ----- Peers

Thompson just to have a look at him, not because we know he's better than Deasy. Would like to see Peers play a half alongside Poole, then Hulme play a half, unless Peers is killing it. Also be keen to see how a Richman/Taylor CM would protect the back line, but mainly create a bit more through the centre, especially with two up top, as there was bugger all of that at the weekend. Shifting it wide every time then running into a dead end gets pretty tired pretty quickly. Would also like to see Harrop get 45 mins on the left, which will likely be unpopular, but I reckon he has more to offer than what we saw on Saturday.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 07:44:16 AM »

Good luck for tonight lads

Up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 07:50:30 AM »

Indeed. Would be great to get as many down to Nantwich as possible, to show PP what the Alty support is really all about.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 07:57:21 AM »

Do the police not have a say in the matter?
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 07:58:52 AM »

I think they've bigger fish to fry than telling us how many we can take to Nantwich 😁

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 08:01:11 AM »

Nantwich 5/4
Draw 11/4
Alty 6/4

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 08:14:08 AM »

I think they've bigger fish to fry than telling us how many we can take to Nantwich 😁

Good spot.

I've asked the question on the right thread!
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 11:26:18 AM »

Bigger game than what is was 24 hours ago.

Thompson

Densmore. Harrison Hanigann Short

Johnson Taylor Richman Hancock

Peers Poole

Not too confident but Poole is a massive boost.

Looks we're zonal marking (as is the current trend) at corners, that a lone fills me with dread.

Cowardly as it is I'd take a draw

Agreed team.

markecky2

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 02:08:00 PM »

Indeed. Would be great to get as many down to Nantwich as possible, to show PP what the Alty support is really all about.

Absolutely this and it will happen. I think this is probably the worst fixture we can have though, a fired up team of the people he left behind.

Our players are better than their players though. They just have to show it, keep going if we go one down and fans will have to hold their nerve. 

Come on Alty, let's get the season started with an undeserved 1-0 with a Clayton McDonald own goal after they have looked like Real Madrid.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 05:11:18 PM »

Good Luck to PP And the lads at Nantwich.
C O Y R.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Match Thread