PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Nantwich Match Thread  (Read 21353 times)

markecky2

Re: Nantwich Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2017, 12:28:34 AM »

Just back home. With the background to the game I had this as a draw at best when the fixtures came out, I'll certainly take it with ten men.

Word on JJ, yes he struggled at times but he never gave up and the speed at which he got into the box for the pen was electric, they had no choice but to bring him down.

Harrison was really good, Poole an absolute class above with his touch and technique, only a very good save stopped him scoring a superb free kick and I thought Richman did pretty well tonight and was everywhere.  Felt more confident with Thompson in net.  

I also felt we created more than Saturday and were very unlucky to be 1-0 down to what looked like a striker flicking out a leg and it going right in the bottom corner again.

We never gave up which was a positive as well.

Results will come soon I'm sure of it but Peers must start on Saturday.

First class support tonight, acknowledged by the manager and all the players.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2017, 12:53:35 AM »

Brilliant performance from the fans tonight - must have helped the players lift themselves.  A good shift second half by the 10 men.  I think they showed good self belief and unlike Saturday their heads didn't drop.  I can see it coming together but not there yet.  Mightily relieved!

Altygethernow

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2017, 06:50:07 AM »

Great to read that the travelling fans saw a lot of positives, certainly sounded that way on RR. Has to be Poole and Peers up top for while now til Amis or Miller are back. I know Amis is out for 6 weeks but does anyone know how long til we can expect Miller back?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2017, 07:05:00 AM »

New to the site as only move from Scotland recently but have been to all home games so far this season and tonight was my first away game. I'm abit confused at what game some of you watch at times, this is a project that will soon come good. PP wears his heart on his sleeve that is clear to see he should be given time and alow this squad to bed in let us not be to rush to to make opions.
I frequently get confused at what I've been watching over the last 2 years as well

Totally agree on Phil . We can't under any circumstances have another manager come in this season we need stability
ParkINson's red and white army

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2017, 07:50:13 AM »

I thought we completely dominated the overall play and as said earlier Harrison is superb.  I also think Thompson is a decent keeper at this level.  All that is missing for me is a striker (probably amis) who can get on the end of all these chances, peers was put through on goal once he had come on and didnt take his chance.  A striker and I do believe we could be great, without one as my co-commentator said I'm not sure where the goals are coming from
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2017, 09:21:52 AM »

I thought we completely dominated the overall play and as said earlier Harrison is superb.  I also think Thompson is a decent keeper at this level.  All that is missing for me is a striker (probably amis) who can get on the end of all these chances, peers was put through on goal once he had come on and didnt take his chance.  A striker and I do believe we could be great, without one as my co-commentator said I'm not sure where the goals are coming from

In fairness, that was a fantastic tackle.
It's all my fault.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2017, 09:26:41 AM »

You beat me to it Hashtag! It was a superb tackle by the defender.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »

The positive is that it was a good battling performance to get a deserved point with 10 men, and we do have a point on the board, even if we are behind where we were last season.

Negatives are that Hannigan, for all his talents, once again goes missing, and games seem to be falling into a pattern. We dominate play, then somehow go behind, and have nobody to put the ball in the net. Amis' sickness is very unfortunate, and it's certainly worth persevering with Peers, who is a young player, but Hulme has frankly been disappointing. Omotola must be worth a go, if he is fit, but we may have to consider the loan market, if finances permit, until injured and ill strikers return.

bighairedmike

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »

First and foremost, very glad to see their keeper get up from what was a nasty clash of heads. 50/50 ball that both were brave enough to go for wholeheartedly. Superb work by Simon richman to get him into the recovery position when we pointed out he was at risk of swallowing his tongue due to being out cold. Hope the lad is back playing soon.

Personally I thought Hulme did ok, and ok at best. I think after reports from Saturday I was expecting no effort and awful play. He lacked no effort and won some good flick-one, my issue was that he was isolated and we had no support for him.

Taylor looked ok when he came on, nothing special, but he needs to start games to learn his position fully, not bring him on to change a game with 15/20  minutes left, he hasn't the experience to do that.

Poole looks like someone who has no confidence in the players about him. Feels the need to do it all himself.

JJ never gave up, constant runner going forwards. Need the same going backwards and needs to be a little more refined on what he tries to do. Good signs, but can see him being frustrating to watch.

Hannigan. Get rid. The man is a joke. Has he ever completed 90 minutes for us? Is he allergic to finishing games of football?Hes always injured or suspended. 2 ridiculous decisions that led to two yellow cards. No arguments. Fine him and tell him he needs to find himself another club. At our level suspensions don't kick in for about 3 weeks, but don't let him play. Put Lynch at CB and let him form a partnership with Harrison who looked superb.

My thoughts were JJ/Disney were at fault for the goal for letting the winger have too much space and not getting back or closing down properly. The "shot" could have gone anywhere and just nestled inside the post.

Short looked solid, Hancock looked ok but not enough time to evaluate him properly. I felt better about our keeping yesterday than the back end of last season, even if his distribution isn't the greatest.

We should have won that, even with 10. Their keepers only wanted to punch and we didn't pressure them anywhere near enough or have people looking for the second ball. We created a lot but didn't have someone to suck the ball in the net. I'd like to see Peers start on Saturday.

A good battling performance with 100% commitment from 10 of the 11 starters.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2017, 02:29:26 PM »

I haven't been to either game so far, but appears the manager has made his first two errors (Jones and Wright) when trimming the squad - which we all admitted was going to be a difficult task.

The problem with pre-season is everyone plays out of their skin for contracts - I suspect we'll have one or two lame ducks appearing amongst our ranks fairly soonish.

I really want to believe in Hannigan (and latterly Hulme) going on their reputations. I wouldn't do anything rash with them (except drop Hannigan) and I'm hoping Hulme will play himself into consistency.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2017, 03:06:32 PM »

Why did we play in Purple when they play in green?,which would not clash with red and white stripes
Harold

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2017, 04:35:32 PM »

I haven't been to either game so far, but appears the manager has made his first two errors (Jones and Wright) when trimming the squad - which we all admitted was going to be a difficult task.

The problem with pre-season is everyone plays out of their skin for contracts - I suspect we'll have one or two lame ducks appearing amongst our ranks fairly soonish.

I really want to believe in Hannigan (and latterly Hulme) going on their reputations. I wouldn't do anything rash with them (except drop Hannigan) and I'm hoping Hulme will play himself into consistency.

Tbf Jones left of his own accord for a trial at full time Salford. Agree with Wright though.

dunhamalty

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2017, 05:17:47 PM »

Do we know if Jones got a contract with Salford?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »

What's going on with Jones?

Love to get him back
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2017, 06:09:12 PM »

Would love to have him back, but I don't know how that would work with 3 contracted centre backs already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Match Thread