PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Nantwich Match Thread  (Read 21212 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Nantwich Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »

Yes, credit due. A battling away point not to be sniffed at, sounds like our work rate and desire was spot on.

Sounds like Peers and Taylor need to start on Saturday. We need a win at Matlock and that can salvage the first week.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2017, 10:11:25 PM »

Couldn't attend but fair play to the lads for salvaging a point with 10 men. I think Hannigan could be good for us but he really doesn't help himself. Can't comment on the game but I would like to see Richman and Taylor give an opportunity as our centre mid with Peers up top. I hope he isn't a stubborn manager like Sinnott and stick with players who are under performing and I certainly hope that he doesn't try and protect Taylor because of his age which would be a load of crap.

Jezza

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2017, 10:31:15 PM »

credit to Parkinson for taking off moult and going 3-3-3

cant believe the standard of football we are forced to endure and that we are relieved to escape Nantwich with a point.

we are going to struggle against organised teams...we looked good for 20 mins and they scored from a cross..hanigan nowhere, keeper nowhere...then hanigan books his holiday like he did last year and we looked doomed....huffed and puffed Johnson continually running down blind alleys and Hulme looking like parky stopped someone outside the ground and asked if he fancied a game.....

Get Jones back and play taylor from the start and make poole skipper and find a keeper...funny how every other side in the league seems to have a keeper who comes for crosses and and distributes the ball.......

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2017, 11:14:56 PM »

I'm sure we don't go to the same games. I saw us have at least 10 decent chances in the first 30 minutes and their keeper had to make a save from several of them. It was one way traffic. Then I went to the loo so I missed their goal. Even when we were down to 10 men it was still pretty even. They passed the ball around but failed to find any openings. We on the other hand tried to create something from every opportunity. It paid off in the end. 

Don't know why they were complaining about the penalty. It was clear cut. We deserved a point and but for the sending off could easily have overrun them.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »

Superb effort from the majority.

Massive amount of luck for their goal as it spun off the players boot.

Hanigann should do the honourable thing and just walk away. Getting Jones back is a priority and getting a goal scorer in.

Much more confident in Thompson than Deasy. Short misplaced a couple of passes for the first time I've seen. And I'm sorry to burst the Taylor bubble but aside from a superb forward ball he was poor. Hulme was much improved and looked more like the player I thought we'd signed.

Biggest credit goes to PP for having the balls to go 3-3-3.

Full time and proud of it

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2017, 11:28:35 PM »

Just back from Nantwich. We played some nice stuff but again didn't score while we were on top and ended up going one down! IMO Disney looks no better than Densmore and looks fairly unfit,agree with the above post re Taylor but not Hulme who I thought was distinctly average again. JJ runs down a lot of blind alleys but when he does get the ball in the box there's no one there! We need a keeper,left winger and a striker to be challenging for the play offs.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:33:00 PM by Snork Maiden »

sweetfa

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2017, 11:32:15 PM »

Thought it was good battling performance and deserved draw. Goal completely against run of play and silly red for Hannigan and suddenly it was all uphill. Thought Taylor made a big difference when he came on, and key moment was when JJ switched wings - he was largely in the pocket of a good quick left back, but looked world beater on the other flank, winning and scoring deserved pen. Hancock sacrificed after red card, everyone else played ok or well. Back three very good second half too and keeper was fine, though too many kicks into touch.

It rarely felt like ten vs eleven, and the manager is already a point ahead of where he was last season when he lost first three before finishing strongly so...

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2017, 11:32:40 PM »

Agree with the above regarding Taylor. Understand he is young and has a lot to learn but for me he is not good enough at present. Seems to not do much but run about chasing players not getting much possession of the ball. Also not physical enough and backs out of 50/50 balls.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2017, 11:32:45 PM »

Battled well. Finally JJ cut in and ran into the box, boom penalty. Can't really complain getting a point away from home having played 3/4 of the game with 10 men. We need to score when on top, as has been the case both games in opening 10/15 mins.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2017, 11:35:40 PM »

Battling point, their defence was in a state of panic the last 10-15 mins and were there for the taking. Poole showed his class tonight, and I thought that Peers made a big difference when he was given his chance. I'd like to see him picked ahead of Hulme at Matlock, he has pace and no shortage of skill...attributes we have yet to see from Hulme.

Thompson's distribution was very erratic, couple of great balls... then about 4 just pulled way right into the crowd when he hits it first time. But, he is very vocal and seems a good organiser of the defence.

JJ runs into blind alleys at times...running right across the pitch a couple of times then cutting back as he has no left foot, soon sussed out by a decent full back, such as the guy for Stafford. However, he keeps going and does have a presence...Thompson gave him pelters first half for not closing the full back down and letting them play out.

Good support tonight, let's hope it's the start of something better.

Oneclub

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2017, 11:41:55 PM »

New to the site as only move from Scotland recently but have been to all home games so far this season and tonight was my first away game. I'm abit confused at what game some of you watch at times, this is a project that will soon come good. PP wears his heart on his sleeve that is clear to see he should be given time and alow this squad to bed in let us not be to rush to to make opions.

andrewflynn

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »

Just got back. Thought our fans were a credit, responding very well to what was a bitterly disappointing Saturday for all - turned out in numbers (at least 150) and proper got behind them. Good stuff. Ben Harrison MOTM. Best player on the pitch tonight. Comfortable, assured, strong. Didn't put a foot wrong as far as I can remember. A real Greg Young type.

Battling to get back in to the game with ten men for an hour, and actually pulling off, could be the catalyst for bigger and better things going forward. They were kecking it at the back towards the end. You wouldn't have had a clue who were a man down unless you counted the players.

That being said, when we're on top we need to start creating. So frustrating seeing us get into the right positions and not take it to the final phase. It'll come, hopefully.

Can't believe 1. How massive McDonald still is after a full pre season, 2. How he's got a gig with them as a striker, 3. He nearly scored, twice

On to Matlock.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2017, 11:43:35 PM »

Thought the game passed young Taylor by tonight ... would like to see him start a game though.. this too young too lightweight stuff doesn't wash with me. He's good enough to play at this level. Hannigan wants to sort himself out, came with a good reputation but doesn't deliver for one reason or another. Good point deserved especially after Moult was subbed and a formation change.

Glad to see there keeper get to his feet after a nasty clash with Lynch

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2017, 11:44:55 PM »

Sorry to disagree about Hulme. I still can't see what he brings to the table. I'm not sure he even knows where the table is.

Thompson may not be the answer in goal, but I'd have him ahead of Deasy every time.

Unfair to blame Hannigan for the goal....it was Harrison who spoiled an otherwise impressive performance by letting his man get wrong side of him. And fair do's to their winger, it was a peach of a cross.

Hannigan puzzles me. He's a class act and his record speaks for itself, yet he does criminally stupid tricks and leaves 10 men to battle on.

Taylor wasn't at his best when he came on, but it's essential to give him regular game time. He's got a lot of potential.

Hancock was ineffective tonight.....and I'm baffled as to how PP could prefer him to Jerome Wright.

Finally JJ.  Yes he ran into a lot of blind alleys, but most times he'd got nobody to lay the ball off to (Hulme's ability to find space is non-existent). But he kept plugging away and eventually got his reward. He'll do for me.

Skipping Matlock....will be at the Whitby game.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2017, 12:23:38 AM »

I thought we were better than Nantwich even with 10 men. Richman and Harrison were fabulous tonight. When Peers came on there was actually someone who could run on to Hulme's numerous flick ons. Christ, if Miller were fit, we'd walk this league!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Match Thread