PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP interview
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PP interview  (Read 11145 times)

AltySupporter

PP interview
« on: August 13, 2017, 05:14:27 PM »

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: PP interview
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 05:31:32 PM »

Well...he says at least twice that there were not happy with the fans reaction...he said we were hostile...he said everyone could see we deserved to win or draw....so.....the glass is very much full....not sure I saw the game that way...and the keeper was not at fault for any goal.ho hum.

GB Alty

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »

This interview is alarming

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 05:43:12 PM »

Can't be arsed listening to the interview,I wasted enough of my weekend watching the game yesterday! We deserved nothing and got nothing,simple!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »

I admire the man's positivity and I don't think he can just come out and say everything is terrible. However, I would be alarmed if he didn't make changes for Tuesday night. Very alarmed.

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 05:47:28 PM »

If Parkinson is proud of that performance we're in big trouble again I'm afraid

And picking an argument with unhappy supporters isn't going to help
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:55:09 PM by Rowley the rat »

markecky2

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 06:07:41 PM »

I admire him sticking up for his players and as I said a defeat can happen in any game. I've not been to many 3-0 defeats we deserved to draw or win in though in 30 odd years I have to say.  I hope the players appreciate that.

We were not awful yesterday at all but likewise we were not "outstanding"

Very annoyed that the support for most of the first half has been ignored, the fans around me sang and encouraged.  I have no voice today.

Yes some people booed at the end and some people shouted stuff but let's not tarnish everyone with that please.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:11:01 PM by markecky2 »

dunhamalty

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »

Strange interview, I thought you tried to win at all cost, seems like the style of play comes first and the result second. It also looks like we have no plan B.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 07:48:25 PM »

Strange indeed. While we dominated possession in the first, we never had any real end product, and there is little point in pretending otherwise.

There is also a worry of a rift developing between players and supporters if the latter are not thanked for some outstanding support in the first half, but get blamed for showing their unhappiness at the end.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »

I would say his criticism of fans who booed the players at the end is a failure of imagination (he's clearly not understood what a season like last will do to a fanbase) but also a case of him having built up expectations and talked himself him up too much.

Frankly, the less he says now until he starts to produce results the better.

Bazbatteria

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 09:04:46 PM »

First post for a while, frankly the most devastating result since Fylde at home. Pleased by PP's appointment at first but the sleeping cynic in me did wonder how we are feasibly going to to 'football' ourselves out of this mess, fair play to Phil but I'm guessing we are just part of his aspirations to move higher up, young guy an all, would have expected a Mike Bassett type with an Andy Morrison or two to elevate us from this condition. 3 nil loss at home first game, does not bode well. Oh Alty always love you, cmon reds.

markecky2

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 09:16:30 PM »

First post for a while, frankly the most devastating result since Fylde at home. Pleased by PP's appointment at first but the sleeping cynic in me did wonder how we are feasibly going to to 'football' ourselves out of this mess, fair play to Phil but I'm guessing we are just part of his aspirations to move higher up, young guy an all, would have expected a Mike Bassett type with an Andy Morrison or two to elevate us from this condition. 3 nil loss at home first game, does not bode well. Oh Alty always love you, cmon reds.

He won't move very far if he loses more than he wins but it's too early to say that.  I believe he can football his way out of this league as he so nearly did it with Nantwich so he has a track record for it.

He has to learn very quickly that this is not Nantwich though.

He needs the fans with him, he had been given unconditional support to start him off.  He has to understand that after what people have seen in the last 2 years, Alty managers start with little credit in the bank and people are fragile.

I believe he'll get there but that interview was naive in the extreme, even if that's what he thought he does not have the credibility yet to tell us things are outstanding.  Loads of people have differing views on players, tactics, I defy anyone to show me someone else who thought yesterday was outstanding.  If there are people reading this who do think that, I'll gladly listen to your opinion.

Let's get Nantwich beaten and start this season.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:18:28 PM by markecky2 »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 09:35:16 PM »

"Anybody who knows their football can see we didn't deserve to lose that game....first hour we were magnificent"
Well to the uneducated it looked like a team that posed no threat up front, a pedestrian midfield and a defence that didn't do the basics.

A lot of crap in that interview, but I do like his confidence in himself and his players. We just need to get a win on Tuesday then Saturday because another two bad results and confidence will be an issue.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 10:34:50 PM »

"Forget about the Stafford, we've got a new plan for the Nantwich".

"C'mon boys....We're better than the Nantwich"

"We're class.....class".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L857KaOKoD4

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 11:07:30 PM »

I am happy to put my head about the parapet, I thought the first 30 mins we were outstanding, the football was very slick, but the problem being for all the pressure we didnt actually get many shots on target. On another day we could have had 3 or 4. Their goal was against the run of play. They defended extremely well with everyone behind the ball, there were so many shots blocked it was untrue. After 30 mins though I thought we did nothing of any note. You cant win a football game playing for 30 minutes only, unless it is subuteo. Must do better up front and tighten the back four up fast.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP interview