PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP interview
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: PP interview  (Read 11105 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: PP interview
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 12:25:38 AM »

Flynnie. Can you get a wind gagger for your microphone when you do the post match interviews it will cut down on the background noise fella.
Cheers

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 08:13:05 AM »

Listened to that with an ever widening mouth and eyes at the sheer defensive arrogance of a manager who thinks that dire performance was in any way acceptable for altrincham fc.

Cheeky sod...i think i know my football...dont think their keeper made a save in the 2nd half....apart from a weak moult pen...complete insult to the fans.

We played well for 20 mins in the 1st half and gifted them 2 goals.

We deserved to lose that game......you have to earn the right to play nice football...it was dire...1 up front...a 3 man midfield outrun and a winger consistently failing to get past the full back...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:33:45 AM by The Thriving Jezza »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 08:51:51 AM »

The year we won the Unibond, didn't we lose 4-0 at home to Harrogate first game?

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »

Flynnie. Can you get a wind gagger for.....

The new manager?

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 09:11:12 AM »

The year we won the Unibond, didn't we lose 4-0 at home to Harrogate first game?
No we drew 1-1 with Frickley. The Harrogate 0-4 was 2002/03 and we finished 14th

roytonmike

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 09:11:34 AM »

No - that defeat was in August 2002. Mind you, the season we won the Unibond (1998-9) we started as follows: DLDDDLLL. Our first win that season, in our ninth League game, was on September 19th. I tend not to look at league tables until about ten games into the season, to be honest.
As regards Mr. Parkinson's interview, all I can say is that the game clearly looked rather different from side on than it appeared to me, watching end on, as it were. There were times when I was almost glad that I'm not available for the next two games - hopefully a week tomorrow will look a bit better ...

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2017, 09:51:17 AM »

I am as disappointed as anyone that we lost on Saturday. But I can see where the manager is coming from, I don't believe we deserved to loose 3-0. We had numerous opportunities in the first half to score. They were either saved, blocked or off target. I reckon they had 4 attempts on goal all game and scored 3.

There is a lot we need to improve on, closing down, better marking at corners, faster crisper accurate passing to name a few.

Time is currently on our side, I hope PP has learnt a lot from that game he is not sharing with us and has a plan to improve the results. Interesting to see how we get on against Nantwich tomorrow as they are rebuilding also with a new manager.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 10:23:37 AM »

Jezza

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 01:49:12 PM »

will lose fans very quickly with such defensive MD style rubbish......suggesting we paying customers don't know anything about football with his anyone who knows about football will tell you we were outstanding comments.....

An insult to the fans making Moult captain after we watched him give away ball after ball, goal after goal last season......so he's on a bit of thin ice and needs to get the results his arrogance warrants....and be the bigger man and change things when they are clearly not working.

An apology to the fans for an abject performance would have been more appropriate than that diatribe....

Changes need to be made.....I'd make Harrison  or Poole captain for starters...that'd be a skipper we could get behind without past memories...

markecky2

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 01:54:48 PM »

Thanks Jenga and Alty Dave. Always willing to listen to others opinions and it makes for a better forum if people feel they can offer a different view without being lambasted or called names.

I remain disappointed with the interview and the overall performance but there's a long way to go. It will all depend on how quickly he learns or adapts on both fronts as to whether this season is a success.

Onwards to Nantwich.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 02:10:32 PM »

We'll know enough after five games I think to really know what we're in for over the next 9 months.

My concern is that if PP realises we aren't where we should be as a squad does he have enough experience and contacts to make three or four quality changes to the playing staff that can turn our fortunes in the right direction.

I honestly think having Moult as captain was a very bad decision. The lads got about four wins under his belt on the pitch in the last two years. His confidence is shot. Let someone else Marshall the troops.

andrewflynn

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 04:57:13 PM »

Tony Mowbray following Blackburn's 1-3 home loss to Doncaster on Saturday:

"It isn't a day for making excuses, it's not a day for anything other than the feeling of disappointment and frustration for the supporters."

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 05:20:13 PM »

Moult as captain was a very bad decision. He is like many captains in the sport arena; they are live and sole of the party, until they wear the captain’s hat. Performance drops confidence goes and they are spent. Captains are bred not made on a field of play.

It takes a very special person to wear that arm band. Dens is a classic example , not sure that he is up to it now though. So PP back to the drawing board.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 06:34:45 PM »

Moult as captain was a very bad decision. He is like many captains in the sport arena; they are live and sole of the party, until they wear the captain’s hat. Performance drops confidence goes and they are spent. Captains are bred not made on a field of play.

It takes a very special person to wear that arm band. Dens is a classic example , not sure that he is up to it now though. So PP back to the drawing board.

I expected Harrison to get the job - he was PP's skipper at Nantwich after all.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 07:53:32 PM »

Flynnie. Can you get a wind gagger for your microphone when you do the post match interviews it will cut down on the background noise fella.
Cheers

Thanks Ray.....I made a mental note to use the microphone windshield after the Trafford interview, which had a lot of wind noise on it, then forgot ::) on Saturday to remove it from the microphone after the game & put it on my iPhone, which is what I use for interviews.

I will try to remember for the next time that I do an interview.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP interview