PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans must be vocal
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fans must be vocal  (Read 8660 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fans must be vocal
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 09:40:18 PM »

Boo the player not the answer. Can clearly see the are giving there all.

Players weren't booed during the game. Only after.
It's all my fault.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 09:43:03 PM »

Boo the player not the answer. Can clearly see the are giving there all.

No one was booed in the game. In fact, considering the circumstances the team got quite a bit of support

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 10:29:35 PM »

Dream on. Taking Graham Rowley out of the equation for a minute what do you imagine could possibly be different?

It's not Altys God given right to win anything. Phil has proved his  calibre. Perhaps the fans aren't cheering loud enough?????????????????????????

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 10:52:54 PM »

Dream on. Taking Graham Rowley out of the equation for a minute what do you imagine could possibly be different?

It's not Altys God given right to win anything. Phil has proved his  calibre. Perhaps the fans aren't cheering loud enough?????????????????????????

Please tell me this is an abysmal attempt at irony or sarcasm or something?

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 11:06:45 PM »

You must be in the Rowley family. He and his friends and family are totally reponsible for destroying AFC. The world needs to know.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 11:29:21 PM »

Are u pissed?? I don't think anyone expects us to have a right to win stuff but competing would be nice,especially at this level and we're only at this level because of Mr Rowley!!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 11:31:27 PM »

No. I have nothing to do with Mr Rowley. I can't see how you can accept who is appointed and then instantly reject them as soon as the first three games don't go your way.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 11:52:27 PM »

No. I have nothing to do with Mr Rowley. I can't see how you can accept who is appointed and then instantly reject them as soon as the first three games don't go your way.

I've not rejected PP,far from it. There's still work to be done but it's Rowley that's the problem,not the manager.

AltySupporter

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 12:28:40 AM »

I agree with Cheshire Cat. Just because the opening 3 results are not amazing suddenly the manager is crap and its another stick to beat the chairman with???? FFS give the guy and his new team a chance!! Ok so a sizeable number of you on here don't like the chairman, yes we get that but we don't need to hear you continually hurling abuse in his direction and certainly not blaming him for an appointment that is so recent. Just because Alty were once the best in non league doesn't mean we have any right to anything in the present day. If I was PP and got wind of how quickly some fans have turned on his new team and berate the chairman at every possible opportunity I'd be pretty pissed off and wouldn't hang around. Then where does it leave us? Get behind your team. Give the new manager SOME encouragement. If you must constantly criticize the chairman, create a forum thread and do it there. Let the supporters who want to have discussions about the team do so without this background of hatred for the chairman and almost zero tolerance of anything going wrong. Yes, things are really bad at Alty right now but running ourselves  down at every opportunity favours no-one. I know several fans are avoiding posting in the forum now as they get shouted down or branded "happy clappers" or whatever.

As an Alty fan of 45 years plus I find it incredibly sad to witness the decline  of recent times but Alty are MY team and I will continue to SUPPORT them. Nothing will ever get better without our support.

Rant over.

Col.

mortlakebob

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 05:40:50 AM »

Alty supporter for a mere 38 years - on hols in the States so a bitter sweet experience today of sitting by a pool in 90 degrees following the latest Alty setback via the excellent Alty twitter. Dare i say it the only "winning culture" part of our club is our social media right now.
Im not anti chairman, anti manager or anti anything!!
But heres my honest assessment.
Pre season at Trafford - alarm bells. Created so little agst a side from the league below. Confidence in players seemed very low. Midfield real creativity not quite there.
Stafford - a few decent spells in the first hour. Totally insipid in the last 30 mins which led to a few boos and a lot of frustration.
Nantwich - no hard luck story. Were never going to win with ten. To be fair, a lot of grit and desire shown in 2nd half to get a draw.
To Matlock - in my view one of a small number of promotion candidates and a somewhat predictable narrow defeat.
To PP - sorry about a few boos and moans. Welcome to football at a slightly higher place. Not Nantwich in front of 300. Get used to some pantomine boos and get on with it. Its not a popularity contest.
To GR - some fans dont rate u. I guess the slide to the worst league placing since the pyramid system came in might have a lot to do with that. If you choose to stay when a sizeable number of fans want u out, its going to be a bit tougher for a new manager. Just possibly despite your hard work u are now more of a hinderance than a help.
To Alty supporter and Cheshire Cat - no fan on here is seriously suggesting PP should go. Thats not the point. Some of us know our football though, and we know we are a long way off being a top 8 team let alone favourites for promotion.
PP - we want wins and success more than u do. Ive been here 37 years and 9 months longer than u have!!
So yes we want u to do well, but we know our footy and we are not daft..

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 06:17:34 AM »

Jesus the club is really dying. Never said this before but we most definitely need a change at the top and we need more warriors on the pitch. A team full of fannies for too many years.  Footballers are fannies nowadays, slowly falling out of love with it all. More pain than good.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 08:55:14 AM »

I agree with Cheshire Cat. Just because the opening 3 results are not amazing suddenly the manager is crap and its another stick to beat the chairman with???? FFS give the guy and his new team a chance!! Ok so a sizeable number of you on here don't like the chairman, yes we get that but we don't need to hear you continually hurling abuse in his direction and certainly not blaming him for an appointment that is so recent. Just because Alty were once the best in non league doesn't mean we have any right to anything in the present day. If I was PP and got wind of how quickly some fans have turned on his new team and berate the chairman at every possible opportunity I'd be pretty pissed off and wouldn't hang around. Then where does it leave us? Get behind your team. Give the new manager SOME encouragement. If you must constantly criticize the chairman, create a forum thread and do it there. Let the supporters who want to have discussions about the team do so without this background of hatred for the chairman and almost zero tolerance of anything going wrong. Yes, things are really bad at Alty right now but running ourselves  down at every opportunity favours no-one. I know several fans are avoiding posting in the forum now as they get shouted down or branded "happy clappers" or whatever.

As an Alty fan of 45 years plus I find it incredibly sad to witness the decline  of recent times but Alty are MY team and I will continue to SUPPORT them. Nothing will ever get better without our support.

Rant over.

Col.

Let's just break down some of that post down shall we. Personally, I'm neither a happy clapper  nor did I boo yesterday. I've followed this club for 23 years.

Two years ago we had taken 9 points off Tranmere, Cheltenham and Grimsby. All that the fans are asking is that we COMPETE at this level - at least for gods sake. Been to all three games? We've not scored a goal in OPEN play in the lowest league we've ever played at. No one is expecting we go out every week and smash every team 6-0 but my god it's been a dreadfull opening 3 games and doesn't look to get better.

Something somewhere is wrong, and I'm afraid my own personal assessment is that the buck stops with Rowley. Yes the team was booed at the END of the game yesterday and there were shouts of Parkinson to sort it out but again, I reiterate, show me where anyone thought this would be a walkover EVERY week, most of those fans, myself included, have just watched 3 games of utter crap where we've not COMPETED. In fact, we played better at Nantwich with ten sodding men.

I refuse to berate the manager after 3 games but the team need to know this isn't good enough. Give them time? Ok, 10 games in? We've been told before time and time again managers need time, players need time, it'll sort itself out. No, no it won't- it needs addressing it's not good enough and I'm not prepared to "see us consolidate" at this level. We've just been relegated twice on the bounce and we haven't got time to be fannying around "working things out"

Frustrated?. Yes I am. Passionate? Yes I am.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 09:09:42 AM »

AltySupporter and CheshireCat you're just proving the point of the ever increasing majority of long time Alty supporters. Nobody is blaming the manager although there's a few odd decisions to account for. The point is that something is fundamentally wrong in the club. We've got a decent ground, good facilities, some decent players, a manager who knows what he's doing (albeit potentially in deeper and bigger than he's ever been before). Yet we're at our lowest point in history on a slide that hasn't crept up on us, we've been in free fall for two years and it isn't getting any better. There's something toxic in this club and it's causing the team to suffer on the pitch.

I'm in Disneyland with the kids. Not letting Alty get my back up here whilst I can have the time of my life but i do have plenty of queuing time to ponder why we can't win a game in this bloody league??? There's every chance we'll be bottom by Tuesday night and regardless of anything that happens after it would have to be a watershed for change on the board.

It's an absolute disgrace that our chairman has managed to hold on to his position whilst not even owning a controlling stake in the club. He should resign immediately, no other option.

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 09:10:19 AM »

I can't see any abuse of Rowley only the truth, he has failed miserably and made numerous bad decisions over the last 3 years. He needs to stand up and face it like a man instead if skulking around his community hall, walking as fast as he can, head down so no one can speak to him. He is a coward. No one is after sacking PP, just concerns he is yet another GR error. PP has to shut and prove his worth on the field  not talking bollocks in Flynn's match interviews.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 09:19:15 AM »

If anyone, it'd be me on Rowleys back. Never forget as he walked past as I was being assaulted by 4 bouncers on the floor at Colwyn Bay after my wife had been smashed into the stand by one. Never asked if she was ok, never responded to my letter to the club, has never asked of my wife was ok. In fact, the only person who had a decent conversation with me was Neil Tolson!!

I put it to the back of my head and never held an agenda as always 'thought' he had the club at heart.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans must be vocal