PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Must win?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Must win?  (Read 8990 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Must win?
« on: August 21, 2017, 04:35:53 PM »

Failure to beat Whitby could be the end of Phil.

I wonder if him sending all his squad out to discuss the game together on the pitch straight after full time on Saturday will have worked
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

Re: Must win?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 04:37:47 PM »

I wonder if him sending all his squad out to discuss the game together on the pitch straight after full time on Saturday will have worked

Wouldn't go that far. We can't carry on this daft carousel. Ten games minimum, for me.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 04:39:48 PM »

Think you are being a bit premature stating it could be the end of the manager who would you replace him with? Doughty?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »

Think you are being a bit premature stating it could be the end of the manager who would you replace him with? Doughty?

I'm sure there are other other options between Phil and Matt. However if we don't fail to score or slump to another defeat, how long to we give him to 'click'.

Not suggesting we sack him, I just think he would lose backing from fans and players, from which he may never recover.

It's all my fault.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 04:45:53 PM »

Would be an outrageous decision if we sacked him now. Bloke needs some time to give it a proper go at the very least

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 04:57:14 PM »

Losing the game would be a complete disaster. The end of game reception could destroy players and management team. Massive rest of character so all concerned.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »

Would be an outrageous decision if we sacked him now. Bloke needs some time to give it a proper go at the very least
a fantastic post

If Alex Ferguson had not been given time that story would have been very different

To let Phil go would be a disaster for this club

Who would want to manage us ?

No one

We would be exposed and quite rightly so

Hey there is a managers job up at Alty ..  fancy it... No thanks they don't back you
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »

Well, I hold no grudge with PP. The fact is that he is an evo stik league manager with evo stik league players (largely). Therefore although his budget will be favourable in itself it won't guarantee anything other than evo stik league results frankly. But we do need something to give us confidence going forward, we cannot just believe for the sake of it or stick with him for the sake of it.

What is far more pertinent is that if we don't start winning this week we'll be 9/10 pays adrift of title rifles and that margin becomes problematic

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 05:38:57 PM »

If we are finally going to start winning games, it's going to be now. Whitby, Coalville and Lancaster at home and Witton and Barwell away.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 05:44:47 PM »

A poor start at this level for us would always prompt grumbles but it's the continuity at board level that's made the situation much more difficult and the upcoming matches all the more critical. It feels as if this is all a continuation of last season's fiasco, even though the management team has changed and the playing staff is quite different. One of many reasons why it would have been in the best interests of the football club for GR to stand down at the end of last season.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:22:12 PM by Leon »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »

Sounds like your belittling the act of having the squad out on the pitch when I read this. If you've lost faith already then fair enough and I don't blame you after the last two years. But do just come out and say it.

For me the man needs backing right now. Show the players we have faith in him, show the board we have faith in him and show the board it's them dragging the club down. I get the impression a fair few of our squad are surprised at how tough the league is like we could have just walked the ball in three or four times a game but get fouled a bit in between. Time we saw some b*ll*cks in an Alty shirt rather than 11 hapless prima donnas who think they're the gem surrounded by poo.

Parkinson can get the job done in this league, he needs time for things to click and given the awful footballing brains above him running the club it will not be an immediate click.

Edited to add that no it isn't a must win. Two games later probably would be. We should be at least winning the odd game without deserving it if we're as close to being ok as we think.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 06:23:32 PM by L'Homme du Sport »

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 06:58:05 PM »

Needs a season unless we get in a position where he could take us down.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 07:35:09 PM »

Sounds like your belittling the act of having the squad out on the pitch when I read this. If you've lost faith already then fair enough and I don't blame you after the last two years. But do just come out and say it.

For me the man needs backing right now. Show the players we have faith in him, show the board we have faith in him and show the board it's them dragging the club down. I get the impression a fair few of our squad are surprised at how tough the league is like we could have just walked the ball in three or four times a game but get fouled a bit in between. Time we saw some b*ll*cks in an Alty shirt rather than 11 hapless prima donnas who think they're the gem surrounded by poo.

Parkinson can get the job done in this league, he needs time for things to click and given the awful footballing brains above him running the club it will not be an immediate click.

Edited to add that no it isn't a must win. Two games later probably would be. We should be at least winning the odd game without deserving it if we're as close to being ok as we think.

I was belittling it. seems a very odd choice to send players to discuss (and what looked like blame each other) the game.

I think if we lose tomorrow the players will lose interest in his system, and that's the worry.

Phill has to be able to get the player playing it system and it working.
It's all my fault.

dunhamalty

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 07:36:32 PM »

We will know more about this team in the next 7 days. 3 games which we should get a minimum of 7 points.

GB Alty

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »

Tuesday clearly is a must win

And we're miles away from where we need to be - no plan b, and too many soft arse players who aren't good enough

Bored of hearing about his achievements at Nantwich - this is Altrincham and it's far from good enough
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Must win?