PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very quiet after a win
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Very quiet after a win  (Read 8690 times)

andrewflynn

Very quiet after a win
« on: August 22, 2017, 10:34:48 PM »

Should have been about 5-0, but admittedly we rode our luck last five or so. On to Saturday!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Very quiet after a win
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:54:38 PM »

Delighted to get a win on the board. I am worried that we've only scored two goals so far, but hopefully we can begin to put this right now the pressure of not winning a game is behind us.

I do wonder if we still need a "proper" striker to propel us up the league, though.

For now we have a win under our belt and that's a good thing. :)
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »

We do still need a striker, a good win but not too convincing, needed that though.  Can we practice corners?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 11:01:10 PM »

We had plenty of corner practice tonight! I can't believe we only scored once. It was one way traffic most of the night.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:01:32 PM »

Defensively with Jones & Harrison I think we should be pretty solid as the season goes on.

Two goals in four games tells its own story up top though. I'm hoping tonight will galvanise everyone and give us that confidence boost for Saturday so we shall see. Big weekend ahead as Witton have started very well too.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:02:34 PM »

The corner count is farcical, for no return. 9 tonight I counted.

dunhamalty

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 11:26:36 PM »

Good result, Poole is a class above. Still shaky at the back, we need a new keeper and an natural striker if we get these we should be up there.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 12:03:43 AM »

Good result, Poole is a class above. Still shaky at the back, we need a new keeper and an natural striker if we get these we should be up there.

What did Thompson do wrong tonight?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 12:13:48 AM »

Not much but he had comparatively little to do if we're honest.

arnald

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 12:21:02 AM »

I can see alty going  up now ,,, bloody he'll we are nervous tho shud have put the
Game to bed at half time ,but did the job

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 12:30:08 AM »

Nothing...apart from kicking it wildly into touch at least 4 times. His distribution is gash...even from dead balls he shanks it into the crowd. Really not good enough. Their keeper gave him a lesson in kicking tonight. He really is dreadful

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 12:54:37 AM »

Nothing...apart from kicking it wildly into touch at least 4 times. His distribution is gash...even from dead balls he shanks it into the crowd. Really not good enough. Their keeper gave him a lesson in kicking tonight. He really is dreadful

You're going to label him dreadful for missing a few kicks? His distribution needs a bit of work but it isn't that bad, their keeper had a few dodgy kicks of his own tonight I seem to recall as well.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 01:20:11 AM »

Nothing to celebrate yet. We have only won one game. The time to celebrate is when we achieve promotion and return to Conference North.
They really should be beating teams like us

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 05:18:56 AM »

You're going to label him dreadful for missing a few kicks? His distribution needs a bit of work but it isn't that bad, their keeper had a few dodgy kicks of his own tonight I seem to recall as well.

His distribution isn't that bad?? It's f**king woeful!! He's kicked it straight into touch at least 4 times in every match he's played,how can that be anything but poor distribution? Still defo need a keeper.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 07:23:12 AM »

Good win and deserved over the 90 minutes.

I do believe that taking Poole off towards the end was a big mistake and the reason why we so nearly blew it. PP got out of jail here as had they equalised I'd be blaming him for that substitution.

The keeper's distribution is absolutely gash.

Poole was/is a different class.

CB's did okay but didn't have much to do.

Richman was solid and ran his socks off.

LB looked decidedly dodgy but I think that was due to the defensive formation we opted for.

Credit to Hulme tonight. Didn't stop and could have scored a wonder goal which we would have been talking about for many years to come.

Hancock needs some lessons in finishing but, fair play, he also put a shift in.

The game passed Taylor by once again.

We must have now had pushing 40 corners in 4 games and don't look like ever scoring off one other than the chance we headed over from 8 yards. Come on PP, sort it out.

Overall, a pretty dominating performance other than 10 mins in the 1st half and the late pressure from them so we can't grumble.

This league is cr*p and we've got as much chance as anyone else as winning it so let's keep behind them and see what happens.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very quiet after a win