PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We won......didn't we?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: We won......didn't we?  (Read 7955 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: We won......didn't we?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 09:06:11 PM »

Steve, if we got relegated again we'd probably win even more games.

arnald

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 09:13:07 PM »

If we win on monday people  might have a little more faith , doesn't bother me I'm usually  drunk anyway ,hic

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 09:16:32 PM »

Steve, if we got relegated again we'd probably win even more games.

Ballers, thats not a true comment is it, we were relegated from the National league but we didn't win more games in the North!

We should be pleased with back to back victories, the wounds are still sore I know, but we need to look forwards as we build momentum. We have no given right to win any game and Coalville like many teams will treat these games like cup fixtures coming to a semi-decent stadium.

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 04:35:12 AM »

Sorry guys but New Alty Girl has a point. If the club read this, there is very little about the win, it is all about the CSH and Leicester fans. It must be sole destroying to be celebrating two wins, yet there is still so much negativity.

I cannot comment fully on this as I was not there; and as most of you know I have been very ill.

Two wins on the trot now, yet all the club can read are negative comments about what happened up to half time. I am sure some of you will respond with a volley of abuse at me; and I accept I was not there so am very limited to how I can comment as I cannot comment on what happened at the CSH, but I am sorry so many of you felt intimidated.

I would also like to focus on how well the team did today, I don't care who we were playing, a win is a win at the end of the day; and this cheered me up no end. It was just the tonic I needed with me not being able to be there.

Well done the club, management team and players and thank you all for making my weekend; more of the same on Monday if possible please. A win there will put us in a commanding position.

I look forward to the Alty TV highlights and thank god for Radio Robins.

No. Quite simply, no.

Well done to the management and players, absolutely. "The club" have made yet another catastrophic error of judgement with regards to fan safety, despite promising this wouldn't happen after the Stafford game.

Absolute laughing stock and somebody needs to be held accountable.

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 10:48:57 AM »

I walked into the csh for a pint and walked straight out.

There is no doubt the opposition were lifted in the 1st half by the extra support they were getting...they then had the heart to equalise.

So the decision affected the game.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 10:52:42 AM »

Was it not 'the club' who took on the new management team, and then the related players? This WAS actually a club result. Again my point has been missed. Every thread is hijacked by the problems in the CSH. That was dealt with in another thread.

Whatever happens ongoing after the experience has proved that Premier League and Non-League fans are a different breed with different ways of thinking. This was exactly the type of reason why I changed allegiance in the 70's from MUFC to Alty. Non league fans have a genuine love of the game and there is usually no more than banter between home and away fans which quite frankly at Altrincham can be extremely funny. Even recently I have seen the way home fans at United react to an away goal as they seek away fans to load it on in the home ends. One fan at a Manchester Derby was criticised and goaded for wearing a half United and half City scarf which he bought outside the ground. He was possibly a neutral but came very close to a punch-up with the United fan. What the hell did it matter what he chose to wear. It is a breed that I have no truck with and fail to understand the mentality.

I can quite understand the club wanting to find ways of extending it's revenue stream. If we had heard about a coachload of Leicester fans being rejected from going to our game first, it would have been seen as a loss of revenue, and what is wrong with this club? You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. However, I do understand the feeling of intimidation the fans felt and remember a worse situation when Port Vale visited a few years back in the FA Cup.

We now have fan-liason officers newly appointed, I would suggest they take the matter up with the board, and maybe write a letter to Leicester City which will probrably be ignored!

What do we want ongoing in this situation, which was rather unique. Do we want premiership fan visits, or do you want us to stop offering £5.00 entrance fees to holders of league team season tickets. We are a club and a business also, and need to find ways of raising revenue, but some decisions are gambles and some pay off handsomely. How can fan behaviour possibly be predicted?

Again, all I wanted was to read some positivity after we won two games on the trot, but each thread was hijacked about the CSH. We need to come together now, especially to try and beat Witton on Monday, because the club, management and team really need us to get behind them. However, in every thread all they are reading is negativity when the club are asking us to come together as one. That was my original point!!!!

Good luck to the club on Monday, give it your all lads and you will beat them, we will then be in a commanding position but we will need to be at our best with everyone behind THE CLUB.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 11:30:49 AM »

Why would you write to leicester ?

And why would you discriminate against fans wanting to watch a game ? Yoi wouldnt

Your missing the point steve

Let them in

Just segregate it and give them drinks in that segregated area

We dont learn from our mistakes

ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 11:36:37 AM »

It is as simple as wayne says..let them in and segregate...put a beer tent at the away end.

Do it in a way that puts safety and the alty fans first.

Otherwise folk take the mick and our stewards stand by helplessly watching anti social behaviour...and its not their fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2017, 12:41:35 PM »

The bar can and does have the partition down the Middle on match day when there's a few kids doing karate or an event booked for the early evening so what was hard about putting it in yesterday? If we have to have such initiatives then it should be arranged like that. Then they'd have had access to a toilet, two tv screens to watch the stream of the game and a view of the pitch from the csh.And if they wanted to pay in they could have chosen to do so, at the away end of the ground.  People in the main don't want to constantly find fault or complain about everything, but that was an absolute tinder box yesterday that we got away with thankfully. All for bringing money in to the club, but the clubs loyal supporters (that have been absolutely battered for two years) need to be put first. Well intentioned ideas they may be put they need thorough planning. And it's about time the clubs supporters were listen to, perceived as idiots we might be, but invariably us idiot get proven correct. Segregate these football matches.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2017, 12:51:27 PM »

Just a comment on the live stream of the game in the community hall. Can we the BBC / BT / Sky results on at half time? Thanks

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2017, 01:37:38 PM »

Just a comment on the live stream of the game in the community hall. Can we the BBC / BT / Sky results on at half time? Thanks
Not strictly a requirement. Just install the Flashscores or Futbol24 app on your phone.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2017, 01:44:12 PM »

Not strictly a requirement. Just install the Flashscores or Futbol24 app on your phone.

Yeh can easily look at the scores on my phone, just thought that half time scores on the big screens would be more widely enjoyed than a live feed of the subs warming up or the radio robins commentators having a brew.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2017, 02:33:08 PM »

If you're having a social drink and a chin wag at half time it's much easier to check the half time scores coming through on the TV than having your head down browsing through your phone.

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2017, 05:13:24 PM »

The bar can and does have the partition down the Middle on match day when there's a few kids doing karate or an event booked for the early evening so what was hard about putting it in yesterday? If we have to have such initiatives then it should be arranged like that. Then they'd have had access to a toilet, two tv screens to watch the stream of the game and a view of the pitch from the csh.And if they wanted to pay in they could have chosen to do so, at the away end of the ground.  People in the main don't want to constantly find fault or complain about everything, but that was an absolute tinder box yesterday that we got away with thankfully. All for bringing money in to the club, but the clubs loyal supporters (that have been absolutely battered for two years) need to be put first. Well intentioned ideas they may be put they need thorough planning. And it's about time the clubs supporters were listen to, perceived as idiots we might be, but invariably us idiot get proven correct. Segregate these football matches.

Bang on the money.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2017, 10:58:23 AM »

Sorry guys but New Alty Girl has a point. If the club read this, there is very little about the win, it is all about the CSH and Leicester fans. It must be sole destroying to be celebrating two wins, yet there is still so much negativity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhVyV6d7fT8
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We won......didn't we?