PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We need a bigger budget
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: We need a bigger budget  (Read 5693 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
We need a bigger budget
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:49:20 PM »

It seems like the opposition have decided the only way to stop us is to crock us. Too many yellow cards being shown. Although we get the free kick we still end up with the injuries.

Mausoleum Alty

Re: We need a bigger budget
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »

How do you propose we go about getting a bigger budget on home crowds of less than 600?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:20:26 PM »

We could have coachloads of fans swell the bar takings on their way to Premier League games.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:25:07 PM »

Oh Sh1t. It wasn't meant as an opportunity for anyone to get on their Rowley Out Hobby horse. The fact is we are taking a lot of casualties as a result of our superior skill and exciting approach to play. Today everyone wanted the ball. For the last two seasons no one wanted it and was looking to offload it as soon as possible. 

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 11:22:09 PM »

Oh Sh1t. It wasn't meant as an opportunity for anyone to get on their Rowley Out Hobby horse. The fact is we are taking a lot of casualties as a result of our superior skill and exciting approach to play. Today everyone wanted the ball. For the last two seasons no one wanted it and was looking to offload it as soon as possible. 

I've not seen anybody mention the chairman on this thread at all, just some basic facts. Interesting.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 11:43:21 PM »

No hobby horse....simple irony.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »

I get the point but we are going to have to cover injuries as and when they happen...

I hope later in the season if we have a close rival for the title we may look at taking their best player thus weakening their challenge...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 08:52:58 AM »

£3,000 for a win on Saturday.

Assuming a loan player at this level may be £250 a week? Then we could afford 3 for a month, or 2 for 6 weeks.

I'm not saying it's that simple. Cup bonuses and other costs will be taken from that figure. But £3,000 even outside of cup bonus of £100 per player must leave some wiggle room for at least 1?
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 09:22:48 AM »

Densmore said he should be fit enough to make next Saturdays squad, but Ringo was hobbling about in the bar and it didn't look great. Disney was on crutches, too. I'd expect to see a few fringe / reserves feature next Sat,

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »

Densmore said he should be fit enough to make next Saturdays squad, but Ringo was hobbling about in the bar and it didn't look great. Disney was on crutches, too. I'd expect to see a few fringe / reserves feature next Sat,

I hope not! It's the FA Cup not the Cheshire Cup,we need our strongest team possible!

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 12:59:44 PM »

Strongest side possible out please phil.

Start taking off the star players when we are 4-0 up.

Resting players and bringing them on to rescue the game is how they get injured...

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 01:30:52 PM »

Dens took a knock whilst setting up the second goal. He was feeling his knee whilst eveyone else was celebrating. I hope his assessment is correct.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »

How do you propose to keep the extra player(s) you want to sign as cover happy on the bench?

And which position do you sign the extra player for?...are you psychic? coz I'd expect you to sign a defender and then we get a midfield crisis... ;D ;D ;D

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 04:02:02 PM »

It was a tongue in cheek comment prompted by the number of players that are being hacked down as the only means of stopping us.

Our opponents are picking up yellow cards but we are picking up substantial numbers of knocks and more serious injuries.

We need to be able to put out a league winning side but the season is only six games old and we are looking at a queue for the Physio.

GB Alty

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 05:03:58 PM »

It seems like the opposition have decided the only way to stop us is to crock us. Too many yellow cards being shown. Although we get the free kick we still end up with the injuries.
Its part and parcel of what this league is all about - stop the moaning! PP should be able to manage this he knows the league and he has extended his physio team - no excuses
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:41:28 PM by Octopussy »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We need a bigger budget