PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Supporters Liaison Officers
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Supporters Liaison Officers  (Read 15398 times)

AFC SLO

« on: August 30, 2017, 04:16:07 PM »

Afternoon all,

Just a quick one to say hello to you all on the forum. Many of you will know myself from home and away games alike, so I thought I'd set up a forum account for any questions/queries/concerns that you may have.

If you don't want to use the forum or want to have a more in depth discussion then you can send a direct message on here or alternatively email AltrinchamFCSLO@gmail.com.

Alongside Andrew Flynn and the Social Media team I will be setting up a Twitter account and aim to set up and run a monthly podcast with the fans, and also a Q&A session that will be set every 2 weeks or so at a certain time and as many as possible of your tweeted questions will be answered in this time.

Myself and Alison will be around for the majority of home games and will be visible in the CSH before and after games. We do ask that you allow us the chance to carry on watching the games as Altrincham FC supporters for the full 90 minutes, but we are more han happy to take any queries outside of this.

There are a few different things that I have lined up, and I'm sure Alison will have many more up her sleeve, so this is just the beginning.

Thanks for reading, and we'll see you soon.

Mike.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:32:28 PM by AFC SLO »

Jezza

Re: Supporters Liaison Officers
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 04:32:55 PM »

Well done for stepping up......

Has there been any discussion with the club over the Stafford and coalville debacles and any assurances that big games will be segregated??

Is anything planned to allow fans to use the nicest part of the ground which is the newest middle section of the popular side...a lovely vantage point currently used to house scaffolding?

Many thanks

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 05:12:42 PM »

Nice and Clear. Good t see you have the opportunity to still enjoy the game.

It's all my fault.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 05:16:04 PM »

Has there been any discussion with the club over the Stafford and coalville debacles and any assurances that big games will be segregated??

Is anything planned to allow fans to use the nicest part of the ground which is the newest middle section of the popular side...a lovely vantage point currently used to house scaffolding?

Many thanks
Sensible, pertinent and relevant questions. Well done. Rather than answer the questions "yes" and "no", could you get the club to expand on the answers please?

AFC SLO

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »

Many thanks

Thanks for the questions Jezza.

In relation to both Stafford and Coalville there has been no direct discussion as of yet, but is a point raised between myself and Bill Waterson. As I was not at Coalville I would encourage as many supporters as possible to email me their match experiences, including how they believe it could have been avoided. I'm not entirely sure that Coalville can be described as a "big game" but I understand, considering the circumstances (the Leicester fans etc), that things will be looked into alongside any recommendations that I make. I would urge people to get this to myself sooner rather than later so we can get the ball rolling as soon as possible.

In regards to your second question, at the moment I have heard nothing about this. I understand that the Grounds Committee were at some point to be discussing this with the club, and I will make sure to bring it up when I speak to Mr Waterson and the rest of the board.

Mike.

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 08:24:15 PM »

Can we have an update regarding what Graham Rowley and the board have done (if anything) to attract new investment to seek the sale of these additional shares that have been made available?

From a supporters perspective it seems nothing is being done? That it is a question of Graham Rowley and the board sitting on their hands and doing nothing. It has only been publicised on Facebook and Twitter by the social media team, and shared by supporters

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 08:42:58 PM »

Indeed.

Firstly let me say congratulations and good luck in your new role.

I find it quite incredible that basic questions arising from the admittance of Leicester fans at the Coalville game have still not be answered.

Were they admitted for free and if so why and who made that decision?

Was any advice taken from either stewards or police in arriving at the decision?

Why were they permitted to bring their own alcohol into the ground?

The fact that this is a family club is always being trumpeted from certain quarters; well it certainly didn't look very family friendly from the video footage I've seen from inside the CSH. At the very least the decision seems to be ill advised and we need assurances (cast iron ones, not like the ones after Stafford) that this will not be allowed to happen again.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty5678

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »

Anyone can get in the CSH for free on a match day, regardless of if they are going to a game or not.

Given the game is streamed and/or the shutters are up this surely needs to stop?

arnald

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 04:02:22 AM »

A bit of info about the travelling  Leicester  support  who went to alty that day 
Also a lot of there fans drove to alty centre  rather than get any trouble in Manchester
They all had tickets and just felt safe to go are ground support  there local side along  the way

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 08:38:43 AM »

Many thanks for replying Mike.

The club has been rightly quick to comment on the incident at witton.

However strangely quiet on the coalville incident...i walked into the csh for a pint and walked straight out as I was met by a wall of noise non alty singing banging on the tables clearly inebriated non alty fans.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 10:08:49 AM »

A couple of points just for information. I am not suggesting everyone should be searched on entry.  There's currently nothing to stop me or anyone else taking cans into the ground.

Tins of Boddies are on sale on matchdays in the kiosk at the away end.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 10:25:19 AM »

People still drink Boddies! Oh dear.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 10:47:21 AM »

Just sell plastic bottles of larger and cider from the snack bar?, the away end has it all then. Then segregate all games and the jobs a good 'un.
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 10:48:47 AM »

People still drink Boddies! Oh dear.
I don't know what's in the cans, but calling it Boddington's is a clear breach of the Trade Descriptions Act.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 11:15:20 AM »

Just sell plastic bottles of larger and cider from the snack bar?, the away end has it all then. Then segregate all games and the jobs a good 'un.

Less stewarding less worrying less planning clear home advantage. If they want a pint before fine, then shut the windows
 blinds at 14:45 until they've gone out 
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team