PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ABBEY HEY (replay) - Match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ABBEY HEY (replay) - Match thread  (Read 15094 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 03, 2017, 11:55:00 AM »

Fingers crossed we've enough players fit to play the game. Can't dwell on yesterday's calamity, just get the game won. Strongest available 11 to start

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ABBEY HEY (replay) - Match thread
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »

Dreading it
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 12:21:35 PM »

We need to put this game to bed on Tuesday then get back to a main aim which is getting out of this league.

Considering all the success we have had in beating league teams in this competition over the years, We do seem to struggle against teams that in all honesty we should beat

I will there on Tuesday, I don't like driving back to Shropshire disappointed so sort it out guys....

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »

Bring your boots
Bernard Taylors barmy army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 01:24:09 PM »

Bring your boots

Christ, things are not that bad. I hung my boots up for golf clubs years ago fella...

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 01:29:02 PM »

4-0 Alty

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 01:29:54 PM »

"They are all niggly little injuries, so it's hard to say. I would like to think the majority of them will be all right for Tuesday. I haven't had the chance to speak properly with James Poole yet, but he came off because he felt I slight hamstring twinge. It's nothing major, but he just felt it a little bit, and you have to be so careful with things like that. Ben Harrison was the same, the hamstring hasn't gone, but he just felt it a bit. The challenge on Laurence Taylor (right) didn't look good, but we need to assess him properly to get a clearer idea of how he is.

John Disney has had a scan, and we need to see how that went. Simon Richman may hopefully be only a week away, but it could be two, because it was a sprain, and you need the swelling to go down to see where he is up to, in terms of how much pressure he can put on the ankle.

When major players have to come off, regardless of the level you are playing at, it is bound to affect you. Coming in to the game, I gave Abbey Hey all the respect they were due by putting out a full-strength team, given what was available to me, so it wasn't a case of me or the players taking it lightly. We just didn't perform to the level we needed to. Injuries do play a part in that, but there is no way we are going to use that as an excuse. It just wasn't good enough, and it has to be better next time".

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »

Possibly we need a new keeper ? box to box midfielder who can also create  and jury out on one or two of the defenders ? Attack wise looking ok especially with Miller and Amis being due back in the near future

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »

Possibly we need a new keeper ? box to box midfielder who can also create  and jury out on one or two of the defenders ? Attack wise looking ok especially with Miller and Amis being due back in the near future

Do you think so? I think we're incredibly weak up front personally, and I've learned not to rely on long term injured players returning...
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »

Do you think so? I think we're incredibly weak up front personally, and I've learned not to rely on long term injured players returning...

Compared to other departments of the team yes, we have scored 9 goals in the last 3 games and have 2 players coming back from injury who should look good at this level

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 03:54:25 PM »

Its a very good interview though, not the usual, "we were unlucky etc".  Well done PP as has been mentioned before as long as we con dispatch Abbey Hey maybe not so bad that we don't face Lancaster at the moment
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 04:22:38 PM »

Its a very good interview though, not the usual, "we were unlucky etc".  Well done PP as has been mentioned before as long as we con dispatch Abbey Hey maybe not so bad that we don't face Lancaster at the moment

Agreed. PP elaborates on a lot of the things that have been called out on here but for me it boils down to 2.5 years of losing football and a soft mentality that may have permeated through to this group of players even though most of them have nothing to do with our 2 straight relegations. It needs to be stamped out fast lest we turn into an Evostik version of Arsenal. There's a lot of nostalgia for your Val's/Eddie's etc but maybe those type of players don't exist as much these days but still i don't understand how we can go to Witton and play like we did there but either side of that two chaotic displays vs Coalville and Abbey Hey.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 05:29:22 PM »

Will it be £5 entrance?
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 05:37:53 PM »

Will it be £5 entrance?

I suppose if we want the manager to strengthen the squad then it will be normal prices.... perhaps those that played on Saturday should pay a fiver  ;)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 05:45:59 PM »

I suppose we should at least be grateful that we're in tomorrow's draw. Eight teams from our league won't be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team