PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ABBEY HEY (replay) - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ABBEY HEY (replay) - Match thread  (Read 15010 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ABBEY HEY (replay) - Match thread
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »

From the sounds of things Poole is going to be OK - so we should HOPEFULLY have enough to get through tonight.

Shildon, however, is another matter.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2017, 10:08:02 AM »

If we win tonight, and comfortably, maybe we could just put the first game down to a bad day at the office and move on from it. A good win tonight sets us up nicely for the trip to Barwell and we may well be right on track after that.

I think we're all understandably deeply scarred from last season but things are definitely more positive now than 12 months ago.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 10:21:11 AM »

IF we scrape through tonight, we'll have another couple of league games under our belt before we hit Shildon which should hopefully help things.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »

I am hoping from a professional response from the players tonight (whatever team is put out due to injuries).

PP is learning a lot in a short time here about the team and players. I'll be there + 2

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »

Were in the hat still onwards and upwards
ParkINson's red and white army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 09:52:58 PM »

Missed about 20 chances, and again should have been out of sight by half time. Another spirited abbey Hey performance but they shouldn't have been in any position to worry us when they scored with their first real effort via an unfortunate defection on 74 minutes. Glad we managed to get through whilst giving some lads time to recover for Saturday. Need to get in that loan market this week, if given the choice, striker and combative pacey midfielder and anothe full back. Onwards to Saturday

VofD

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2017, 10:02:33 PM »

Were in the hat still onwards and up ::)wards

We have already been in the hat : Shildon away. ::) ::)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2017, 10:27:09 PM »

Nervous last 15 mins but job done. Thought Densmore and Short did well considering they're not 100%.

Also well done to Max Harrop who did nothing wrong when he came on.

Finally to the 2 people behind me first half who continually moaned about Moult, what a ball that was to Johnson for the 2nd
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2017, 10:32:47 PM »

I thought Max Harrop achieved more in his first 10 minutes on the pitch than Tom Peers did during his contribution tonight and Saturday combined.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2017, 10:33:56 PM »

You can only beat whats in front of you and that was one of the most one sided games I have seen in a long while.

For me PP is on the right track and with patience this could become a very good side. They have loads on pace, urgency and skill but lack composure in front of goal at present.
Missing Poole tonight who is a class act. They all put in a shift but Hulme did a huge amount, just wish we had someone down the middle who can put the ball in the net but PP isnt trying to get crosses in at all. Maybe Amis would give us a plan B we need in some games when he is fit again.

My glass is half full.

Old Alt

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2017, 10:40:42 PM »

We were certainly the dominant team but the final ball was terrible.
So much hard work, running and energy to get the ball to the edge of the penalty area, and then we hit the corner flag a couple of times  with shots, we were so bad. For all the possession very few actual shots on target.
Thank goodness the Abbey Hey forwards didn't understand the offside rule.
Brilliant goal by Johnson the one bright spark in the evening.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »

Peers was mostly anonymous but Harrop, for all his running, seemed unsure of what to do with the ball when it came to him.  Hulme seems to have a better opinion of his ability than I've seen so far, and his attempts to niggle the oppo towards the end were embarrassing.  Still, it's a win and, generally, things are moving in the right direction, so let's try to be positive.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2017, 10:59:22 PM »

Abbey Hey were a limited, but spirited, side who certainly made us work hard for our eventual victory, and I am sure they will soon rise up the NWCL table. Elliot Wynne looked comfortably the best of the three goalkeepers involved in this tie, and I would really hope we would enquire to see if he fancies a chance playing at a higher level subject to him not being on contract or any other difficulties.

JJ deservedly man of the match, but a word of praise for Max Harrop who was vastly improved from the Stafford match.

I still have this feeling that the team hasn't quite clicked, thinking of the moves which came to nothing. Still, it's a win, we are in the next round, and are even on an unbeaten run now.

markecky2

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2017, 11:43:32 PM »

They got in our box about twice, once to put the huge deflection away and once when they were throwing everything forward at the end. 

Other than that we had to find a way through them.  Finishing could have been better but they must blocked 4-5 shots with bodies and their young keeper did well.  Johnston was unplayable tonight I thought, Sherdian had his best game that I have seen and Harrop offered something tricky when he came on.

Yes we laboured a bit and it would have been nice to bury them 4-0 but we are through with £3,000 banked.

Hopefully some of the reinforcements Parky talked about that couldn't come in before tonight will come in at the end of this week to stop the team picking itself with these injuries.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2017, 12:20:08 AM »

A very one sided game and at the end of the day we got the job done.

Once we start to convert our chances we are going to hand out some hidings to teams

Good to see Dens back and looking good, thought Harrop was good when he came on.

Thought the Abbey Hey keeper had a very good game, JJ thoroughly deserved the MoM

Once are wounded troops start to get fit and back playing we will have a decent team.

The standard of refs in this league/ Cup games are pretty sh*te but we have heard that before on plenty of occassions.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ABBEY HEY (replay) - Match thread