PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As things stand...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: As things stand...  (Read 7501 times)

GB Alty

Re: As things stand...
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 01:00:28 PM »

The main positive is Alty have the best squad in this division, fact. They will be thereabouts regardless if everyone gets behind them. Some lads on board who are proven quality at this level. Altrincham favourites At the start of the season and still are in my book.no time for panic.
Falling gates always a problem especially at this level when things don't go so well especially mid week when the champions league is a better option for the floaters. I trust the board have the finances in hand,overstretching yourself and then failing is the worst thing you can do at this level - the start of the end. Ilkeston went last season spending money they didn't have. Decent sized clubs like Scarborough rushden, Hinckley all gambled and failed. I've always had the impression Alty are extremely well run off the field and I'm sure that will pay dividends.

Is this serious or a wind up? Well run, why do you think we are here

To echo other posts any success this season is mere papering over the cracks. The club is rotten to the core and a few wins against the likes of Coalville and Abbey Hey won't change that

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »

The main positive is Alty have the best squad in this division, fact. They will be thereabouts regardless if everyone gets behind them. Some lads on board who are proven quality at this level. Altrincham favourites At the start of the season and still are in my book.no time for panic.
Falling gates always a problem especially at this level when things don't go so well especially mid week when the champions league is a better option for the floaters. I trust the board have the finances in hand, overstretching yourself and then failing is the worst thing you can do at this level - the start of the end. Ilkeston went last season spending money they didn't have. Decent sized clubs like Scarborough rushden, Hinckley all gambled and failed. I've always had the impression Alty are extremely well run off the field and I'm sure that will pay dividends.

Is this serious or a wind-up? Well run, why do you think we are here

To echo other posts any success this season is mere papering over the cracks. The club is rotten to the core and a few wins against the likes of Coalville and Abbey Hey won't change that

we do have money...
It's all my fault.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 02:45:47 PM »

Echoing the other posts here, my main issue isnt the football.  I back Parkinson and the team.

That strategic review was 7 months ago. There have been some positive steps and I accept that some things take time, but a terrible malaise remains among the fans as a whole and results on the pitch will not change that.

We continue to have a board badly, badly in need of strengthening, the PR and communication concerns still exist, a total commercial overhaul is vital and there have been more off the pitch incidents which have left the fans alienated. Same old same old, and the need for all these changes was acknowledged long before last season was over. Maybe I'm being impatient but I expected more by now.

Even if we get promoted this season, it won't mask the lack of urgency, dynamism and modern thinking from the top of the club which is continuing to keep fans away.

On this point, whatever happened to answers to the questions regarding the Leicester fans at the Coalville match? Nearly 3 weeks ago now.....stay quiet for long enough that people forget?

Uncle G, I must assume some responsibility for this.

I had quite an in-depth discussion with Bill Waterson earlier his week regarding a number of matters and issues including the game ou mentioned and also the Stafford game on opening day. He asked me to compile a formal list of questions and, with that, a list of areas for concern and my recommendations for improvement from a fans perspective to then be presented to the board at next weeks Board Meeting.

I am quite willing to make my "report" available to the fans and I will then pass back the response I get.

Any further recommendations, I am always happy to hear from you. AltrinchamFCSLO@gmail.com

Mike.

Segregate EVERY home fixture, it's a football match not tinder
lol and being brutally honest thats the in depth review complete

fans said for a long time to do this but were ignored then after the intial incident we were assured it would be addressed . then it happend again

its not rocket science is it
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:48:26 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 02:47:57 PM »

ps for the record i am totally and unequivocally behind the managment team and players . very happy phil is getting us to win some games after a desperate 2 years .

up the robins

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »

ps for the record i am totally and unequivocally behind the managment team and players . very happy phil is getting us to win some games after a desperate 2 years .

up the robins

We should all be committed*

* This can be interpreted in a number of ways and all are equally valid.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 06:27:10 PM »

up the robins

We should all be committed*

* This can be interpreted in a number of ways and all are equally valid.
ha true .. we are not wired up right for sure
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As things stand...