PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Workington - Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Workington - Match Thread  (Read 20854 times)

Alty wanderer

Re: Workington - Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 01:47:00 PM »

Totally right.
Recently promoted teams include
Fylde
Darlington
Salford
Fc united
Spennymoor
All paying silly money including transfer fees.workington did unbelievably well to get close in each of the last 3 seasons and were 10 minutes from going up instead of Salford.  in seasons past however good the current Alty side is they would be playing for a play off place. This year it's different lowest quality the league has been for 5 years. Alty need to do it this year. South Shields and Scarborough have money in the league below on gates approaching 2000. They will spend their way to conference north as the clubs above did.  A gap in the window that needs to be taken. I have every confidence but it's going to be very tough. Get behind the ex Salford lads - quality at this level.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 05:10:12 PM »

I hate to break it to you but the level of football is markedly lower than last year and all the players and teams are flawed (granted this applies to an extent to us too). There aren't any tough assignments at this level (regardless of what result we come back with tonight. Trust me.

GB Alty

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 05:58:18 PM »

Very tough place to go. Damp conditions and a strong crosswind from the sea. Come the winter not many sides come away with anything.
Workington rightly one of the favourites, but an injury hit side and a bench full of kids has done no favours so far. Unbeaten at home despite that.
It's the same squad that finished last season with 8 straight wins, couldn't hit a barn door this season. Depends if they turn up so far they haven't although should have had 6 points off the top 2. Could go either way having watched both sides this season.
who do you support, Altrincham or Workington?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »

Short, Jones and Poole on bench.
Full time and proud of it

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 07:38:17 PM »

I hate to break it to you but the level of football is markedly lower than last year and all the players and teams are flawed (granted this applies to an extent to us too). There aren't any tough assignments at this level (regardless of what result we come back with tonight. Trust me.

Surely that is all relative and there are many teams at this level that would totally disagree with that analysis. We are where we are because we deserve to be and whatever you may think none of it is going to be a cakewalk, unfortunately.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty wanderer

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 07:50:50 PM »

Very tough place to go. Damp conditions and a strong crosswind from the sea. Come the winter not many sides come away with anything.
Workington rightly one of the favourites, but an injury hit side and a bench full of kids has done no favours so far. Unbeaten at home despite that.
It's the same squad that finished last season with 8 straight wins, couldn't hit a barn door this season. Depends if they turn up so far they haven't although should have had 6 points off the top 2. Could go either way having watched both sides this season.
who do you support, Altrincham or Workington?

Workington, where I was brought up, still attend plenty of games.  Altrincham are second, been to a good 30 Alty games since I've been down here. Attracted to conference football on my doorstep and got hooked.Gutted when they went down, something keeps me going to a few games not sure sure what. Dreadful last year.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »

2-1 down at HT and down to 10 men. Max Harrop with our goal, then sent off just before HT.
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 08:48:34 PM »

Abandon it now ffs

VofD

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 08:56:28 PM »

C'mon the RAIN.  ;) ;)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »

Hannigan once again to blame for a goal...

Anyone there know why Jones failed to start?
It's all my fault.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 09:14:51 PM »

Surely that is all relative and there are many teams at this level that would totally disagree with that analysis. We are where we are because we deserve to be and whatever you may think none of it is going to be a cakewalk, unfortunately.

Try reading it again...

The teams and players aren't good enough to make anywhere in this league ;including Moss Lane) a tough ask

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 09:21:25 PM »

I assume he's carrying a knock unless the manager has had a brain fart

Ashley Alty

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 09:22:37 PM »

Jeepers, 4 - 2 down , unhappy in the kitchen  :'(

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:52 PM »

I assume he's carrying a knock unless the manager has had a brain fart

If he's not got a knock it's a ridiculous decision to start Hannigan ahead of him!

AltySupporter

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 09:28:47 PM »

Try reading it again...

The teams and players aren't good enough to make anywhere in this league ;including Moss Lane) a tough ask

This is our current level - there will be tough games and easier ones.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Workington - Match Thread