PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Workington - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Workington - Match Thread  (Read 20726 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Workington - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2017, 04:06:19 AM »

great last 2 posts

you cant win them all

up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2017, 07:11:09 AM »

My nightmare is that we will finish mid-table in the Evostik and some bugger will come out and say, "At least it's better than last season."

markecky2

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2017, 07:28:23 AM »

My nightmare is that we will finish mid-table in the Evostik and some bugger will come out and say, "At least it's better than last season."

Can't see that either of those happening to be honest. 

However it is not a healthy environment when we win four league games on the spin then lose one without playing terribly and it all starts up again on here.

Luckily there was no such dissent at the match, people who went recognised the effort put in by the ten men in the worst weather I've ever seen for 90 mins.  Which I am sure will cause much annoyance to the people who now boo every defeat because all the teams are crap.

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 08:25:03 AM »

Hannigan once again to blame for a goal...

Anyone there know why Jones failed to start?

Sorry to spoil your agenda but despite erroneous reports elsewhere Hannigan was nowhere near the incident for the 1st penalty.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 08:49:49 AM »

One of the signs of a decent team is "reaction" They now need to forget about last night its history,

Start to think about the next game which will be Shildon in the cup.

We need to go there, beat them and then move on, hopefully with 4.5k in our back pocket

Onwards and upwards.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2017, 08:58:29 AM »

Sorry to spoil your agenda but despite erroneous reports elsewhere Hannigan was nowhere near the incident for the 1st penalty.

There's no agenda against the bloke,he's just been a massive injury prone let down since we signed him.

Alty wanderer

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »

Bang on, loads to play for.
Can't believe some of the criticism of deasy last night. His handling was good in very difficult conditions, he also saved a penalty! Can't blame him for the goals.
If you are determined to break his confidence if it's not already broken then keep going. For me he's a decent keeper.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »

I still think we're good enough to get out of this league.

However, Blyth only lost 7 games when they won it last year, and we've already lost 3.

The last playoff spot required 81 points, and at the moment we're on target for 75. That would have got us 9th last season. Warrington are on target for 102 at the top, and Witton for 92......and we outplayed THEM !

I wasn't there last night, but I'm happy to accept Ecky's version of events. Bad result but not the Apocalypse.

We're good enough.....but are we lucky enough ? Long way to go yet. Get behind the lads and we can do this !

GB Alty

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2017, 11:29:20 AM »

I think your nightmare is already happening

GB Alty

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2017, 11:32:06 AM »

Let's hear no excuses tonight, yes the refs are wank, the weather was as sh*t for both teams, no excuses or positives, put it right on saturday. Three wins shy of top spot now
sorry but a whole thread of excuses

GB Alty

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »

I will never accept the club being in the evostick league - no Altrincham fan should

Unfortunately, whether you accept it or not, we are. That is the sad reality. That's like saying you don't accept the result of Brexit.

Yes of course its the reality, thats why we need change. You accept it if you want but I won't be, the club means to much to accept this

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2017, 11:59:30 AM »

I wish he was nowhere near the pitch... But you wouldn't agree to that would you Tom?

Who was at blame for our 5 goals tonight?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:12:59 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2017, 12:23:34 PM »

I will never accept the club being in the evostick league - no Altrincham fan should

Unfortunately, whether you accept it or not, we are. That is the sad reality. That's like saying you don't accept the result of Brexit.

Yes of course its the reality, thats why we need change. You accept it if you want but I won't be, the club means to much to accept this

Unless you fancy living in la-la land then you have to accept where we are as it is the reality, you may not like it (I don't know anyone who does), but that doesn't change the facts (unpalatable as they may be). We need change, but refusing to accept reality is not a great basis for that either.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2017, 12:43:24 PM »

I have to say, those folk who think Altrincham FC shouldn't be or are too big a club to be in the Evo stick premier league remind me of the "Remoaners" who wont/can't accept Brexit.

The fact is both have/going to happen, live with it/ accept the fact its happened and lets get behind the lads

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2017, 01:14:06 PM »

I have to say, those folk who think Altrincham FC shouldn't be or are too big a club to be in the Evo stick premier league remind me of the "Remoaners" who wont/can't accept Brexit.

The fact is both have/going to happen, live with it/ accept the fact its happened and lets get behind the lads

The lads are being got behind. As the board says... they don't control what happens on the pitch. Nor do the players control the tie wearers who put us into this mess.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Workington - Match Thread