News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Unbeaten

Author Topic: Unbeaten  (Read 3034 times)

alty_22

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
Unbeaten
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:40:17 AM »

What is the most games we have gone unbeaten

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Unbeaten
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:45:12 AM »

In the storied and famed 1990-91 league season I think we went 28 league games unbeaten which became the Conference record and latsted for about 20 years until Crawley's mountain of cash broke it.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:17:21 AM »

In the storied and famed 1990-91 league season I think we went 28 league games unbeaten which became the Conference record and latsted for about 20 years until Crawley's mountain of cash broke it.
Indeed, it ended with a midweek defeat at Barrow if I recall correctly and we then tossed off the league despite only needing something like 8 points from the last 5 games?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:28:25 AM »

Indeed, it ended with a midweek defeat at Barrow if I recall correctly and we then tossed off the league despite only needing something like 8 points from the last 5 games?

That infamous night at Slough is where the wheels came off.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »

In the 1965-66 season we went unbeaten in all competitions from the start of the season all the way to the FA Cup 3rd Round defeat at Wolves.

This totalled 34 games from 21st August 65 to 22nd January 1966 and consisted of 22 Cheshire League games, 7 FA Cup games, 2 Cheshire League Cup Games, 2 North West Floodlight Cup games and 1 Cheshire Senior Cup game; scoring 106 goals in this period.

This was our first appearance in the FA Cup 3rd round and our first Cheshire League title.and this was the season the Jackie Swindells scored 82 goals.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 10:47:37 AM »

That infamous night at Slough is where the wheels came off.
I can still see Slough preparing to take that corner on 90+4 with the score at 3-2 to us....
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 12:24:47 PM »

In the 1965-66 season we went unbeaten in all competitions from the start of the season all the way to the FA Cup 3rd Round defeat at Wolves.

This totalled 34 games from 21st August 65 to 22nd January 1966 and consisted of 22 Cheshire League games, 7 FA Cup games, 2 Cheshire League Cup Games, 2 North West Floodlight Cup games and 1 Cheshire Senior Cup game; scoring 106 goals in this period.

This was our first appearance in the FA Cup 3rd round and our first Cheshire League title.and this was the season the Jackie Swindells scored 82 goals.
I remember at the end of that season saying that we would be lucky to ever see the like again.  Of course the game has changed a lot since then, but that season is one of my happiest memories.

anglo alty

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 07:11:35 PM »

ref the 65-66 season the first league defeat came at Runcorn a week after the Wolves defeat . Only one more league defeat in the last game at Tranmere  but already championis then runners up  Wigan Ath (what happened to them)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »

Please delete this thread
Full time and proud of it
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Unbeaten