PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Town
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nantwich Town  (Read 12126 times)

VofD

Nantwich Town
« on: September 17, 2017, 11:27:47 PM »

10th in the League : Alty 13th.

Nantwich into 3rd Qualy Round of FA Cup : Alty OUT

Nantwich doing very well, thank you, without Parkinson.

F*** off Parkinson.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Nantwich Town
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 12:21:38 AM »

We're only behind them in the league on goal difference.....and we have a game in hand. They really aren't doing any better than we are.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:27:14 AM »

im hoping Phil wont read this nonsense . And if he does i hope he understands that its not the view of all the fans

I feel awful for anyone who went to see that on Saturday . The fans deserve better as Phil states in his interview

He knows its not acceptable

The last thing we need here is a new manger

More change more unrest more uncertainty

We need structure and long term focus along with a cash injection to bring in a proven striker who we pay what we have to pay .

If we got rid of Phil i have no idea of what credible manager would want this job

No one would want a job where you dont show trust to a longer term goal

up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:33:11 AM »

F*** off Parkinson.

Ridiculous thing to post. On Sunday night too, not even right after the game. Can only hope you were plastered.

Granted, we just had a poor result, but what exactly were you expecting this season? We've just been the worst team in the country for 12-16 months and we're being overseen by a board who dont instil any confidence. The fella is building a team from nothing and carrying a few players on old contracts.

If was still at Nantwich I imagine they would be much higher up the league although obviously we would be top because it was between Phil Parkinson and Sam Allardyce for the Alty job and we went and chose the wrong man which you can see after a handful of games (half of which we have won).

I honestly can't believe that anyone was expecting us to walk this season and beat anyone we played. You cant go from last season to being unbeatable, or even close, it just isn't possible at this level.

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »

F*** off Parkinson.

fair post

I always said I'd give any manager 10 league games we should know whats what by then - so big 2 games coming up, currently 13th and out of the cup is not good enough. At least PP see's that now even if many on here don't

Hulme Robin

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 10:01:35 AM »

One or two games have been terrible this season - matlock and Shildon away. These performances can't continue, but I suppose you could say it will take a while to build a new team and get them to click, however fewer and fewer people will turn up to watch unentertaining rubbish like last Saturday. The Clock is ticking...

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 10:24:47 AM »

The first three lines of the post are perfectly fair unfortunately.

Alty5678

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 10:53:49 AM »

Easy to make such a simple comparison.

To be equally simplistic, in the opposite direction:

Nantwich are only level on points with Altricnham, despite playing a game more including two more home games.

Nantwich haven't beaten anyone in the top ten, Altrincham have beaten two of the top five.

Nantwich failed to be an Altrincham side with ten men, at home.

Of course, none of this has true validity until at least 15/16 games into the season when the table is really sorting itself out.

Hope the head isn't too sore this morning...

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 12:54:11 PM »

Easy to make such a simple comparison.

To be equally simplistic, in the opposite direction:

Nantwich are only level on points with Altricnham, despite playing a game more including two more home games.

Nantwich haven't beaten anyone in the top ten, Altrincham have beaten two of the top five.

Nantwich failed to be an Altrincham side with ten men, at home.

Of course, none of this has true validity until at least 15/16 games into the season when the table is really sorting itself out.

Hope the head isn't too sore this morning...

I just can't believe we're actually comparing ourselves with Nantwich! Thanks Mr Rowley!

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 12:56:08 PM »

I agree with stability and sticking with PP.

But lets not forget the plan is not to consolidate for a few years....we are here to bounce straight back...a cup run would have helped financially......but I'd like to see urgency and quality bits of the jigsaw being added....PP should be feeling pressure and support from the chairman.

The year we won the APL Tony sanders wasn't happy with the keeper and bought in Stepney, then he bought in Whitbread to increase our fire power......Bernard got rid of kilkcline cleghorn and dibble and bought in Coburn and ward......

reaching a play off in this crap league and a trophy semi is all well and good, PP needs to raise his game and urgency and think about high quality players like Hulme and poole and forget the evostick crack fillers.

A commanding keeper and a marauding box to box midfield colossus will be a start.....the longer this takes the more concerned I will be and less confident that we have the right man for the job....

The minimum I'd accept this season is missing out in the play offs....we are in real danger of not making the play offs with the current set up.

The chairman should be saying this to PP.....I doubt he is somehow so we still need change at the very top and hope a bit of grit will seep downwards instead of the accepting where we are and saying we all have off days....

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 01:19:50 PM »

I agree with the above. PP needs to urgently sign a goalkeeper and a central midfielder. A change of formation whilst Poole isn't playing is a must too. Hulme is far too isolated up front on his own.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 10:58:45 PM »

I agree with stability and sticking with PP.

But lets not forget the plan is not to consolidate for a few years....we are here to bounce straight back...a cup run would have helped financially......but I'd like to see urgency and quality bits of the jigsaw being added....PP should be feeling pressure and support from the chairman.

The year we won the APL Tony sanders wasn't happy with the keeper and bought in Stepney, then he bought in Whitbread to increase our fire power......Bernard got rid of kilkcline cleghorn and dibble and bought in Coburn and ward......

reaching a play off in this crap league and a trophy semi is all well and good, PP needs to raise his game and urgency and think about high quality players like Hulme and poole and forget the evostick crack fillers.

A commanding keeper and a marauding box to box midfield colossus will be a start.....the longer this takes the more concerned I will be and less confident that we have the right man for the job....

The minimum I'd accept this season is missing out in the play offs....we are in real danger of not making the play offs with the current set up.

The chairman should be saying this to PP.....I doubt he is somehow so we still need change at the very top and hope a bit of grit will seep downwards instead of the accepting where we are and saying we all have off days....

Is Hulme really "high quality"?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 07:25:49 AM »

I think so yes...he's very isolated i think and would be better alongside another decent forward..

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 07:59:06 AM »

If Poole doesn't play in 10 role then whoever plays upfront is going to be isolated. 

Going to be a very tough game tonight, really hope Poole starts.

Full time and proud of it

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »

I think so yes...he's very isolated i think and would be better alongside another decent forward..

Whilst that's true, he's also done absolutely nothing to show any particular ability IMO. For those who hold a different opinion, I'm interested to know what people see as his primary attributes?

"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Town