PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Farsley Celtic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Farsley Celtic  (Read 18230 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Farsley Celtic
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2017, 09:24:21 PM »

While I wouldn't quite put it in the way Octopussy did, and I certainly did enjoy the win on Tuesday, it is impossible to ignore that we are competing at a different level; as has been mentioned, our worst home league crowd for 13 years was still the best of the night in the division. We should be doing well at this level with the resources available.

I am not boycottting games myself, but I completely respect the motives of those who do after what has happened in recent years. It definitely does not mean they are not proper supporters as some seem to imply.

GB Alty

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2017, 09:38:39 PM »

Its time these people got behind the team
Poor post, another win and everythings ok. Get the bunting out now, thank you Mr Rowley

One day you'll post something positive. We won well on Tuesday and some of us actually enjoyed seeing our team win. Sorry it spoilt your sniping agenda. Comments like that are totally unnecessary.
Keep clapping, it might be the answer?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »

Its time these people got behind the team
Poor post, another win and everythings ok. Get the bunting out now, thank you Mr Rowley

One day you'll post something positive. We won well on Tuesday and some of us actually enjoyed seeing our team win. Sorry it spoilt your sniping agenda. Comments like that are totally unnecessary.

It was actually a very valid post. Yes,Tuesday was a great win that will keep the happy clappers smiling but the underlying problem still exists.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2017, 09:43:12 AM »

I reckon that's about 200 stay away fans.

I doubt more than 50 are boycotting because of off field issues.

The problem is once people get out of the habit of coming, its hard to get them out of it.

With both City and United kicking off at 3-00pm on Saturday it could well be another poor crowd.

Look at home attendances for the final 5 games of last season when we had no chance of staying up, were rooted to the bottom of the league, the football was awful, the entrance fee 40% higher than this season, and we still averaged 850 (with minimal away fans).
On that basis, I'd suggest there are plenty more than 50 currently boycotting home games for off-field reasons.

With no changes at the top, or timeframe for change, I expected we would fall into the 400s at some point this season. But I really wasn't expecting it to be this soon. Particularly on the back of a decent run in the league which had seen us win 4 of the last 5 going into the game!

And, as I said the other week, the real cost of relegation to the gate receipts alone will be well in excess of £100,000 to the football club over the course of this season, should the status quo at board level continue.
Worrying times...

Matt Taylor

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2017, 10:00:21 AM »

Were rebuilding so hopefully after last nights result we will see an increase in attendance over the coming games, especially if the results keep coming.

The results are nothing to do with why a lot of people are staying away.

I completely agree, but I think there was a blacklash to Saturday's result that knocked a fair few more off of Tuesday's attendance. 497 is frightening.

Perhaps. But the only comparable occurrence in recent years I can think of was when we lost at Trafford in the FA Cup, and our attendance either side (the home games were immediately either side) increased by over 200 from the Gloucester City game before the Trafford defeat to the Guiseley game following the Trafford defeat.

Plus, a lot more were there to witness the humiliation at Trafford first-hand than the 30 or so at Shildon - not including the sizeable number who stayed in the bar for the game and so didn't have to suffer it first-hand either...

Agree 100% that 497 at this early stage of the season is terrifying.

GB Alty

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2017, 10:07:12 AM »

The poor crowd has nothing to do with the result at Shildon or any other game - we have only attracted more than 600 fans once this season out of five attempts - clearly there is a deep rooted problem

Alty5678

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »

A thread about a game which Altrincham won 6-0 has descended into a 'Rowley out' thread.

I'm fairly new to the forum, does this happen on every thread irrespective of what the initial topic is? It seems to be very common.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2017, 09:32:04 PM »

A thread about a game which Altrincham won 6-0 has descended into a 'Rowley out' thread. I'm fairly new to the forum, does this happen on every thread irrespective of what the initial topic is? It seems to be very common.

I assume, when you say you're new to the forum that doesn't mean you're new to supporting Alty. If not, I'm surprised you're surprised.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2017, 09:50:49 PM »

The poor crowd has nothing to do with the result at Shildon or any other game - we have only attracted more than 600 fans once this season out of five attempts - clearly there is a deep rooted problem
It's called relegation to the glue league. Very little to do with any boycott.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Farsley Celtic