PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Share Issue - Potential Buyer
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Share Issue - Potential Buyer  (Read 11332 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 21, 2017, 10:04:03 PM »

From the club WhatsApp:

There has been interest, as expected, in acquiring 51% of the football club. A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) has been signed to allow these detailed discussions to continue. Further updates will be released when possible.

:o
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Share Issue - Potential Buyer
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 10:22:10 PM »

Sounds more promising than I was expecting, still moving very slowly but in the right direction seemly...fingers crossed

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 10:25:33 PM »

Interesting update. Lets hope it becomes fruitful for us.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 10:29:36 PM »

That WhatsApp message derived from this statement.

We are pleased to advise that there has been interest in acquiring the 51% new share issue, and detailed discussions are underway under a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). This NDA limits what the information we can share, but be assured that we will keep you updated where we can on developments in what could be a very important progression for the club"
It's all my fault.

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 10:49:59 PM »

Rowley and his family out of the club, nothing else is acceptable

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 11:01:10 PM »

Don't hold your breath. It doesn't say the interest in the 51% is from a single source. There could be multiple investors interested in a tranche of the shares, all 51% could be sold with Rowley still in control.

Smoke and mirrors ?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 11:01:59 PM »

Really? So they couldn't even continue in other capacities not related to boardroom decisions?

It's not a purge...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »

Don't hold your breath. It doesn't say the interest in the 51% is from a single source. There could be multiple investors interested in a tranche of the shares, all 51% could be sold with Rowley still in control.

Smoke and mirrors ?

If these are bought in any capacity, even between 10 people, each would own more of our club than Grahame who owns just over 4%.

Any of these 10, who wanted to be chair may be able to usurp him.
It's all my fault.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 11:04:57 PM »

Smoke and mirrors ?

This strikes me as very unlikely. I honestly don't think Rowley wants to a carry on as Chairman.

Whilst many on here will disagree with his logic, I expect he sees it as his obligation to make sure that the club is passed into good hands and he won't step down until this happens.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 11:31:32 PM »

Rather that than sell it to any wide boy that turns up with the right money surely?

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 07:01:29 AM »

Id prefer a group of rich locals than one ...another swales white rosenfield with a genuine interest and spreading the load.

I hope the board do their due dilligence to prevent a vaughan...

It is also important any new investor has the right view to continue pushing alty forwards within the local community..

GB Alty

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 07:47:22 AM »

Really? So they couldn't even continue in other capacities not related to boardroom decisions?

It's not a purge...
He has conducted nepotism to get his friends and family positions throughout the core of the football club - the whole thing needs ripping out

His son is manager of the reserves, his daughter in law is manager of community hall which his wife is a director of, his best pal now is kitman ffs do you think thats all a coincidence

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 08:13:07 AM »

Smoke and mirrors ?

This strikes me as very unlikely. I honestly don't think Rowley wants to a carry on as Chairman.

Whilst many on here will disagree with his logic, I expect he sees it as his obligation to make sure that the club is passed into good hands and he won't step down until this happens.

Completely agree with this.

Whilst I do think his ego has ruled his head too much and nepotism is definitely a big factor in the malaise, none of this has been done in bad blood, the family love the club and put a lot of effort in. They just dont know how to run a football club to the level required for Alty FC. I suspect thats recognised and there's a genuine drive to hand the club to people who can steer it back on the right course.

I think it would be shame to not see the Graeme and his family continue to run the community side which is clearly 'thriving' unlike the football club.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 09:33:51 AM »

Before the EGM which proposed the share transfer/reclassification, I asked Grahame Rowley if the Board could update the fans publicly on any progress on a monthly basis. He advised me he'd prefer to do so when there was something substantive to report. If you look back to JL's account of the EGM Grahame committed the Board to doing so publicly. Clearly this announcement 100% meets this commitment and I look forward to further updates - which I received via What's App!

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 01:08:31 PM »

Before the EGM which proposed the share transfer/reclassification, I asked Grahame Rowley if the Board could update the fans publicly on any progress on a monthly basis. He advised me he'd prefer to do so when there was something substantive to report. If you look back to JL's account of the EGM Grahame committed the Board to doing so publicly. Clearly this announcement 100% meets this commitment and I look forward to further updates - which I received via What's App!

We had to give the early sign-ups an exclusive, didn't we!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team