PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Share Issue - Potential Buyer
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Share Issue - Potential Buyer  (Read 11340 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Share Issue - Potential Buyer
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 03:14:49 PM »

Rowley and his family out of the club, nothing else is acceptable

Really? So they couldn't even continue in other capacities not related to boardroom decisions?

It's not a purge...
He has conducted nepotism to get his friends and family positions throughout the core of the football club - the whole thing needs ripping out

His son is manager of the reserves, his daughter in law is manager of community hall which his wife is a director of, his best pal now is kitman ffs do you think thats all a coincidence

No, I agree with you. I don't think it's a very healthy situation.

However, I also don't support some kind of purge of anyone with the name Rowley!

What are you going to do? Sack them? Ban them from volunteering?

Surely the issue has been that GR's decision making and leadership has been poor, not the commitment of him or his family to the club.

Wanting every Rowley out of the club starts to look vindictive.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 03:28:25 PM »

Rowley and his family out of the club, nothing else is acceptable

Really? So they couldn't even continue in other capacities not related to boardroom decisions?

It's not a purge...
He has conducted nepotism to get his friends and family positions throughout the core of the football club - the whole thing needs ripping out

His son is manager of the reserves, his daughter in law is manager of community hall which his wife is a director of, his best pal now is kitman ffs do you think thats all a coincidence

No, I agree with you. I don't think it's a very healthy situation.

However, I also don't support some kind of purge of anyone with the name Rowley!

What are you going to do? Sack them? Ban them from volunteering?

Surely the issue has been that GR's decision making and leadership has been poor, not the commitment of him or his family to the club.

Wanting every Rowley out of the club starts to look vindictive.

Agree with all of that to be honest.

Alty5678

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 05:05:43 PM »

I agree it appears to be vindictive. I don't believe Rowley has ever done anything without it being with best intentions. Ultimately not all of these decisions have been the best though. The kitman is someone with great passion for the club and doing this role voluntarily. Whilst it may look a strange decision, with it being done voluntarily it is saving the club funds and not many would want to do it for free! Not the daftest appointment.

It can probably be safely assumed he'd happily step aside from his role, if there was a suitable candidate willing to take over. He has the club at heart, so what he's not going to do, as many of you want him to, is step aside with no back up plan. I bet there is pressure from his family to do so and give up due to the immense hatred that he is putting up with.

If he steps aside after tomorrow's game, what do you expect will be the plan for next week??

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »

If he steps aside after tomorrow's game, what do you expect will be the plan for next week??

Sorry to be picky, but questions like this are best posed to the club's board and shareholders, not to the unofficial fans forum.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Alty5678

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 05:50:23 PM »

The question was aimed at those on this forum who want him to 'go now', so is relevant to this platform.

If he were to walk away tomorrow, as many wish, what do they feel the plan should be?

The actual contingency plan, if they have one, would be down to the board/shareholders, correct.

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 06:13:06 PM »

The question was aimed at those on this forum who want him to 'go now', so is relevant to this platform.

If he were to walk away tomorrow, as many wish, what do they feel the plan should be?

The actual contingency plan, if they have one, would be down to the board/shareholders, correct.

Grahame Rowley took the job without wanting it, it was thrust upon him as Vice Chairman.

If Grahame Rowley left, somebody would step up, temporarily at first, and then we'd see where we went from there. It would not be the end of the world.

Wanting every Rowley out of the club for good is vitriolic and was not the basis of the Rowley Out movement, something they have said many, many times. With the news of the share deal going well, we will probably see the end of Grahame Rowley's tenure as chairman. A couple of good results won't change people's minds, but that will.

You say you haven't been a member of the forum for long, have you been an Altrincham fan for the past 12 months? If not then you won't understand he feelings of unrest. They are still here, and with attendances down, it's not difficult to guess he reasons why.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »

I agree it appears to be vindictive. I don't believe Rowley has ever done anything without it being with best intentions. Ultimately not all of these decisions have been the best though. The kitman is someone with great passion for the club and doing this role voluntarily. Whilst it may look a strange decision, with it being done voluntarily it is saving the club funds and not many would want to do it for free! Not the daftest appointment.

It can probably be safely assumed he'd happily step aside from his role, if there was a suitable candidate willing to take over. He has the club at heart, so what he's not going to do, as many of you want him to, is step aside with no back up plan. I bet there is pressure from his family to do so and give up due to the immense hatred that he is putting up with.

We'll never know because it wasn't advertised,it was just kept in house and given to one of Rowley's mates.

Alty5678

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »

Grahame Rowley took the job without wanting it, it was thrust upon him as Vice Chairman.

If Grahame Rowley left, somebody would step up, temporarily at first, and then we'd see where we went from there. It would not be the end of the world.

Wanting every Rowley out of the club for good is vitriolic and was not the basis of the Rowley Out movement, something they have said many, many times. With the news of the share deal going well, we will probably see the end of Grahame Rowley's tenure as chairman. A couple of good results won't change people's minds, but that will.

You say you haven't been a member of the forum for long, have you been an Altrincham fan for the past 12 months? If not then you won't understand he feelings of unrest. They are still here, and with attendances down, it's not difficult to guess he reasons why.

As Vice Chairman, if the Chairman was to leave then it would be expected he stepped up. I believe, I may be completely wrong, but there is no VC in place at the minute so nobody to step straight in. Is 'somebody' stepping up and then 'see where it went from there' really the direction to take?

Hopefully somebody steps forward soon and takes over from Grahame Rowley, so he can get back to actually enjoying watching the club he clearly loves and also moves the club forward. I suspect he's not at the moment and not just due to the level being played.

I've been an attending fan for a few years now, sadly coinciding with the slide down the pyramid, but hopefully It is coincidence and I'm not the jinx.

Onwards and upwards both on and off the field this season is potentially there but time will tell.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »

I'd ring you Don from social chain And Nick from sporf and see if they fancied it.
I'd ring up The BoardRoom and see if any of those 50 rich folk We're interested
I'd ring up every member of the CEO Sleepout group hosted at Lancaster CCC
I'd phone up The 16 plus investors who played 11 a side on our pitch last season.

And maybe... just maybe... advertise the post on LinkedIn /Financial Times

That's not a bad place to start.

We'd still have a team out against Stalybridge. The club would still pay its bills. We wouldn't go bust
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:12:01 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 09:15:29 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me if the hut group were interested, they're buying everything. They've even acquired broomwood baths, with massive expansion plans for it

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 09:28:13 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me if the hut group were interested, they're buying everything. They've even acquired broomwood baths, with massive expansion plans for it

I've never heard of them,are they a safe option?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:36:52 PM by David Mogg »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 10:21:51 PM »

Ha ha They're headquartered in Northwich. That would go down well.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 10:37:29 PM »

I've never heard of them,are they a safe option?

I think they're one of the fastest growing companies in Europe

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 07:30:52 AM »

Due diligence please, nobody wants to look back on this in 4 years and regret what happened.  I'd also like to hope / expect a new investor will give the current management team sufficient time and not bring in their own manager
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Atticus

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 08:01:32 AM »

It's extremely unlikely that any listed company (such as HUT) would be interested in making an investment in a lower league football club as, put simply , there is no business case to do so. The directors of HUT must act in the best interests of their shareholders (many of whom will be institutional - pension funds for example) so doubt they would see a stake in Alty as something that will add shareholder value to their core business which is operating on line retail sites.
Unfortunately it's going to be much more difficult to find a buyer and take much longer unless we get lucky.
This purchase needs a (probably) local (preferably) Alty  supporting wealthy individual who wants to buy as a vanity project (dangerous) or (more likely) as a labour of love.
Either way I don't see too many likely candidates on the terraces.
"How do you make a small fortune?"
"Start with a large fortune and then buy a football club"

No business case.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Share Issue - Potential Buyer