News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Phil Parkinson post-match interview, Grantham Town

Author Topic: Alty TV - Phil Parkinson post-match interview, Grantham Town  (Read 4285 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« on: September 24, 2017, 07:44:57 PM »

Brian Flynn spoke with Phil Parkinson after the match against Grantham:
https://youtu.be/AK3xMnXbFLU

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV - Phil Parkinson post-match interview, Grantham Town
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:03:38 PM »

He is right. We need to get behind this team. What has happened off the pitch shouldn't be put onto him or the players who are giving their all!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:56:30 PM »

Agreed

Like his post match also his pointy head.

Ace
Full time and proud of it

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 10:23:39 PM »

Yep, he's come to the club at a time when we've been battered for two years and many have gripes with the chairman which don't help people's patience, but when you look at the overall pucture he's done well and brought some very watchable attacking players to the club.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »

How fast are those kids running around the main stand?!
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 11:40:18 PM »

How fast are those kids running around the main stand?!

Ssshhh ! We're a FAMILY club !

(Which doesn't mean we're run by the Mafia.....far be it from me to suggest that might be an improvement.)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »

He is right. We need to get behind this team. What has happened off the pitch shouldn't be put onto him or the players who are giving their all!
spot on . I have posted a few times around backing Phil and this team.

Was only a couple of weeks ago certain people were casting doubt over him

Laughable really

If you follow a team surley you want them to do well

Its sad that some berate a defeat immediatley but are silent in victory

2 sides to every coin

ParkINson's red and white army

Matt Taylor

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »

Brian Flynn spoke with Phil Parkinson after the match against Grantham:
https://youtu.be/AK3xMnXbFLU

Good interview I thought. It is refreshing to hear him starting to appreciate the pressure he should be under as an Altrincham manager at this level, and the high expectation that comes with the job.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 06:39:05 PM »

Laughable really

2 sides to every coin

Some of the criticism can be OTT at times (as can some of the praise for what should be regulation victories at this level), however if fans aren't allowed to ask questions and raise concern when we are losing and drawing at 'counties' level teams in competitive first-team fixtures, then when can they?

AltySupporter

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »

Laughable really

2 sides to every coin

Some of the criticism can be OTT at times (as can some of the praise for what should be regulation victories at this level), however if fans aren't allowed to ask questions and raise concern when we are losing and drawing at 'counties' level teams in competitive first-team fixtures, then when can they?

Wayno is right. We're winning games FFS! I don't understand this arrogance that it is expected we should be walking this league. It is the level we are operating at and we must face facts that it is our own performances that have resulted in this demotion, regardless of whatever influences or circumstances surround the club. No team anywhere has an automatic right to get out of a lower league they have dropped into. Consider how fans of teams like Luton or Portsmouth, for example, must feel after dropping so far. Yes, we have dropped 2 divisions quickly and that disappoints me as much as anyone but I will cheer and enjoy every Alty victory regardless of our league standing. I know some people think the quality of this league is bad but I've enjoyed the games I've attended this season and we go to be entertained by as a well as support our team.

Col

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »

Laughable really

2 sides to every coin

dont disagree that fans cant challenge its absoulotley there right . Its when it becomes rude its unaceptable . Also my point was more around people not being balenced and saying well done as well.

Ive been totally vocal about what we have been served over the last 18 months and you know my thoughts about what needs to change

Up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army

Matt Taylor

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 11:03:51 PM »

Laughable really

2 sides to every coin

Wayno is right. We're winning games FFS! I don't understand this arrogance that it is expected we should be walking this league. It is the level we are operating at and we must face facts that it is our own performances that have resulted in this demotion, regardless of whatever influences or circumstances surround the club. No team anywhere has an automatic right to get out of a lower league they have dropped into. Consider how fans of teams like Luton or Portsmouth, for example, must feel after dropping so far. Yes, we have dropped 2 divisions quickly and that disappoints me as much as anyone but I will cheer and enjoy every Alty victory regardless of our league standing. I know some people think the quality of this league is bad but I've enjoyed the games I've attended this season and we go to be entertained by as a well as support our team.

Col

I was talking about the FA Cup draw and defeat Col, not the league games. You may consider it arrogance, but I think they were games most people did expect to win. I certainly did. Not that it's necessarily a disaster that we didn't win (didn't we get promoted the year we lost at Trafford?), but I don't have any issue with people questioning the manager in the aftermath of both games - plus a poor league result at Workington.

And as for the league itself, it's far from Parkinson's fault but at our lowest ever level, by default, every game we lose has the potential to be considered the worst league result in our entire history. And so the reaction that accompanies defeats at Evostik League level probably shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

AltySupporter

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 01:47:36 PM »

Fair points Matt

Col
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team