News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Changes

Author Topic: Changes  (Read 4274 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Changes
« on: September 30, 2017, 05:00:47 PM »

Bembo-Leta is full of mistakes, doesn't read the game well, he makes me very nervous. Always fouling.
We need Dens at RB and Short LB which is better balanced and both get forward well.
I would start Richman in centre mid over Sheridan. Sheridan is a good passer but gets over run with only him and Jake in there.
We massively missed JJ today. Need him on the right for Peers and somehow fit Miller in.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Changes
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 06:26:56 PM »

Could be worth trying Miller on the right ,sounds like he's ready and can play anywhere up front

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:28:05 PM »

I agree about Richman but not Densmore. I think Bembo will create a lot more going forward which in this league will be valuable.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »

Just have this feeling that Bembo-Leta will commit silly fouls and give away penalties. Very fit lad but I just don't rate him as a defender. Dens is reliable and can get forward on the overlap.
We defo need Richman back in that midfield.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 08:07:35 PM »

Just have this feeling that Bembo-Leta will commit silly fouls and give away penalties. Very fit lad but I just don't rate him as a defender. Dens is reliable and can get forward on the overlap.

Densmore gave away the ball twice today easily which led to a counter attack. You seem to have it in for Bembo

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 08:39:18 PM »

Densmore gave away the ball twice today easily which led to a counter attack. You seem to have it in for Bembo

Agreed. Densmore is way off the player he once was.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 09:16:40 PM »

Bembo-Leta was the best player on the pitch at Hednesford and we've just kept another clean sheet. Baffling.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 09:28:51 PM »

I thought both BL and Dens had poor games today, but that may in part have been down to the conditions. I'm not sure we kept a clean sheet because of them; Thompson's superb second half save and Hannigan's accomplished performance were probably greater factors.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 10:35:31 PM »

I am puzzled how Bembo-Leta gets so much criticism. He seems a strong, level-headed player and we haven't conceded a goal for ages, so I wouldn't mess about with the defence, while agreeing Hannigan was excellent today.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 09:34:32 AM »

I am puzzled how Bembo-Leta gets so much criticism. He seems a strong, level-headed player and we haven't conceded a goal for ages, so I wouldn't mess about with the defence, while agreeing Hannigan was excellent today.
Just got a feeling. He tends to be alongside the attacking player rather than goal side and a few times he is stood yards of the player and allows opponents too much time. He might get away with it in this league but for me, until Disney is back, then Dens and Short are my first choice.
Can't argue with the clean sheets though.
To change the subject for me we have been most dangerous with players going around the full backs and cutting in. Miller and JJ are going to be our key players, alongside the work rate of Hulme and that bit of class of Poole. Hancock was quiet yesterday but he can influence games in the number 10 role too. Defo give Sheridan a rest for Richman.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »

I wouldn't tinker with the team currently. They are on a decent run of form.

Rainier stopped tinkering for a season and Leicester won the league

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »

I don't like Dens at left back...never like a wrong footed player on the wrong side....

I think Bembo-Leta looks strong and makes some good runs and also there is a very obvious Justin bieber based song for him.....

wonder if now is the time for dens to play in fornt of bembo leta and have JJ or miller left....

While Poole is a different class I worry he is just too clever for our players and they don't anticpate his clever passes sometimes and Hulme still looks isolated....I also wonder if he'd be better off in midfield and playing two proper strikers up front....

It's getting difficult seeing how to fit everyone into the side....miller, peers, hancock, JJ etc.....

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 01:29:11 PM »

Hulme
Hancock                                    JJ
                       Poole

Moult (c)  Sheridan/Richman

Short      Hannigan   Harrison   Bembo-Lita

GK

I don't think you can drop that front four currently as I think they've all done reasonably well.  Miller can come in anywhere across that front line, which is a nice choice to have.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 02:10:36 PM »

Hulme
Hancock                                    JJ
                       Poole

Moult (c)  Sheridan/Richman

Short      Hannigan   Harrison   Bembo-Lita

GK

I don't think you can drop that front four currently as I think they've all done reasonably well.  Miller can come in anywhere across that front line, which is a nice choice to have.

Can't see Johnson being fit enough to start, so I'd start with Miller. And Richman over Sheridan
Full time and proud of it
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Changes